The Student Room Group

Falling in love with my boyfriends best friend

My boyfriend and I have been together for around a year now. We live together and work together and I love it. A guy (Jason) who is close friends with my boyfriend has been helping out where we work. We have been spending a lot of time together (we usually work from 10am - 12pm and spend breaks together, eat together etc) and have grown really close.

He is passionate about what he does and is well known and respected in our industry which I really find it a turn on. He looks after me making sure I'm eating/having proper breaks/being paid for my overtime) and makes sure my boyfriend is looking after me.

My boyfriend told me that Jason is sexually attracted to me and thinks I am beutiful but I think recently he is developing feelings for me.

Last week was his last day at his our place of work as his own business is due to open next week and we were supposed to go out for a meal but due to unforseen circumstances we had to cancel and I felt sooo upset. He has even offered me a job (and a massive pay rise) to come and work for him. One of the reasons why I like him as he has strong morals and would never hurt my boyfriend by getting together with me no matter how much we wanted it to happen.

But I am finding it so hard to get over him I know we both want something to happen but it can't I don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking about him or looking at his facebook.
Your poor boyfriend. When all this comes out and he's left hurt and humiliated, give him a link to my Facebook.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together for around a year now. We live together and work together and I love it. A guy (Jason) who is close friends with my boyfriend has been helping out where we work. We have been spending a lot of time together (we usually work from 10am - 12pm and spend breaks together, eat together etc) and have grown really close.

He is passionate about what he does and is well known and respected in our industry which I really find it a turn on. He looks after me making sure I'm eating/having proper breaks/being paid for my overtime) and makes sure my boyfriend is looking after me.

My boyfriend told me that Jason is sexually attracted to me and thinks I am beutiful but I think recently he is developing feelings for me.

Last week was his last day at his our place of work as his own business is due to open next week and we were supposed to go out for a meal but due to unforseen circumstances we had to cancel and I felt sooo upset. He has even offered me a job (and a massive pay rise) to come and work for him. One of the reasons why I like him as he has strong morals and would never hurt my boyfriend by getting together with me no matter how much we wanted it to happen.

But I am finding it so hard to get over him I know we both want something to happen but it can't I don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking about him or looking at his facebook.

You go through these stages in relationships. Believing you want someone else even when you are perfectly happy with your current partner. Unless you are genuinely unhappy with your relationship, just accept this is a phase of desire that will pass.

In long-term relationships you encounter challenges that, if you love your partner enough, you will get through.
Reply 3
**** your boyfriend and **** your friend.
Ok in all seriousness, think about who you're loyal to, are you happy with your current boyfriend? If yes then get this out of your mind, I don't think your boyfriend is willing to share either, so doing his mate on the side isn't gonna do anything either and he wouldn't even do it with you because of his strong morals, do you and your boyfriend both love each other? if yes then like I said before be loyal to him, like he's being loyal to you.
Reply 4
Hypothetically if this prince charming hadn't come along, would you have any serious complaints about your current relationship? Obviously no relationship is perfect, but are you happy in yours? Reason being you can have a phase of being interested in someone else, but you have to think about whether you're willing to loose what you have for something which might not pan out. He seems lovely at work, but you're not around him all the time. I mean hell maybe he is better then your boyfriend, in which case don't mess with both of their feelings and leave your boyfriend for him. But you may find it's a decision you come to regret terribly, I know this from second hand experience (as in not me, close friend..in fact two of them..I suppose it depends often enough.:s-smilie: ).
Reply 5
Its dangerous, because normally when you enter into a relationship with someone that is when you see the true colours of someone and not the nicey nicey person trying to get you into his pants.
So if you're happy with your boyfriend, then forget this guy. You never know what he would be like in a relationship and you could potentially be left with a huge regret if you left your bofriend, and it sound he is a nice guy.

I feel sorry for your boyfriend.
Reply 6
Don't mistake lust for love.
Reply 7
nothin will hapen with jason
i just feel sorry for your bf no bloke should have to deal with that =[
treat him right!!
Reply 8
You don't deserve your boyfriend.
Reply 9
there's only one thing you can do: have a threesome.
forget about him its hust a phase love ure boyfriend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending