The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I've just checked my conditional offer in the gttr website and it says:

Satisfactory health and police checks will be required.

Please send verification of qualifications to institution.

I'm not a British citizen and I don't know exactly what they require, do you have any idea? I guess I will go to the police station and ask for a police check certificate, but I don't know what to ask to my doctor..
Reply 361
Original post by cherrywaves
Hi guys, I've just checked my conditional offer in the gttr website and it says:

I'm not a British citizen and I don't know exactly what they require, do you have any idea? I guess I will go to the police station and ask for a police check certificate, but I don't know what to ask to my doctor..

I wondered this, then yesterday I recieved forms from the university for the police and health checks. They should send them to you and you just have to fill them out. You could always call just to double check.
I have got a place on the PGCE Primary teaching at Wolverhampton University SOOO HAPPY! :biggrin:
Original post by albionlegend
I've been accepted at Canterbury Christ Church University for PGCE Primary 5-11!!

Me too!!! It's so good to have finally found someone on the same course!! :biggrin:

They will send you a Fitness To Teach questionnaire and they should send you a CRB form for the police check. :smile:
Thank you for your replies :smile: the thing is that i filled some similar questionnaires and handed them in the interview, so I don't know if they are asking for certificates instead of "my declarations".. I guess they need a real certificate. Besides, CRB is not supposed to have any information about me, as I don't live in the UK :confused:
Thank you for your replies :smile: the thing is that i filled some similar questionnaires and handed them in the interview, so I don't know if they are asking for certificates instead of "my declarations".. I guess they need a real certificate. Besides, CRB is not supposed to have any information about me, as I don't live in the UK :confused:

They will need to see real certificates. You might have to show them a few times, to be honest. We had to show ours at interview and again when we enrolled on the course. :smile:
Reply 367
Original post by coffeepirate
Me too!!! It's so good to have finally found someone on the same course!! :biggrin:

What are people's plans for accommodation ?
Anyone got an interview at university of reading tomorrow? I am so nervous lol x
Reply 369
Original post by Tailor572
I've also had an offer to study at UEA for exactly the same course!! So excited :biggrin::biggrin:

Yay congratulations!! What interview did you attend? I had mine 25th November! So happy! But now I have to sort out all the logistical things!
Original post by coffeepirate

Yay! Can't wait for September now, a bit nervous though! :biggrin:
Has anyone at all heard anything about a secondary pgce at Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford?
Original post by andymcgowan763
Thanks very much! I did a Law Degree. My interview was ok actually. It started off with a talk by one of the tutors about the PGCE course etc. Then we broke off into 2 groups for the group activity (the bit I Was most nervous about). But it was ok actually - we split into 5 small groups and were given various attributes on bits of paper and as a group we had to decide which 5 most summed up an outstanding teacher. We then had to stand up and feed back to the group.
After lunch we had the individual interview with the subject coordinator (there were only 3 of us there for Citizenship so he spoke to us beforehand about the course). In my interview he asked me why citizenship, why Leicester, why teaching, he then gave a list of words and wanted me to say how my experiences made me suited to teach about them.

We had to do a written task which was just to do about 400 word answers to 2 questions.

Thanks for that! Doesn't sound like an extremely challenging assessment, so that's good! I just hope that I fit their criteria, and get an interview.
Good luck with the course.
Hi everyone,
I've got onto the Secondary Drama with English PGCE course at Warwick! Anybody else heading there in September for that course? Or for English with Drama???

:smile:
Reply 374
Original post by beckystern
Hi everyone,
I've got onto the Secondary Drama with English PGCE course at Warwick! Anybody else heading there in September for that course? Or for English with Drama???

:smile:

When did you hear? I'm waiting to hear either way for english/drama but nothing as yet. Only been a week since interview and the wait is horrible haha ! Congrats on your offer by the way xx
Original post by kg1990

Original post by kg1990
When did you hear? I'm waiting to hear either way for english/drama but nothing as yet. Only been a week since interview and the wait is horrible haha ! Congrats on your offer by the way xx

Hi kg1990,

I had my interview back on the 21st Nov and it took about a month for me to hear back from Warwick. Even then it was only to offer me a provisional place and request to put a STOP on my application. They told me then that they could only offer me a provisional place as they didn't know numbers/funding for next year yet and could give me a formal offer until they knew about that. I got my formal offer at the end of January once they had found out funding from the government...so thats 2months wait in total! :frown:

Hopefully it won't take them as long to get back to you since they know now how many places they have now! I agree the wait is horrible, i can completely relate to how your feeling! Did you have to do the micro-teaching presentation?? It was one of the most nerve racking things i have ever had to do!!!

Good Luck!! Fingers crossed!! xx
Original post by NickiMay
Goldsmiths says it still does

Thanks :smile: I checked but they don't provide for History :frown:. Thanks though!
Original post by Gette
Hey I'm also going to Exeter I the autumn button the secondary geography pgce! Are you going to be commuting or moving? I can't decide! X

Brill. I kind of have to move- I live 7 hours away! Lmao. Where do you live? Im doing secondary English with Media.
Reply 378
Hi :smile:

Conditional offer for PGCE Primary at Worcester University! WOOO! Anyone else doing theirs at Worcs?
Original post by char124
Hi :smile:

Conditional offer for PGCE Primary at Worcester University! WOOO! Anyone else doing theirs at Worcs?

Me! :biggrin: Congrats on the offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending