The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by abbie_fabbie
I have an offer for secondary Geography at Oxford! So happy! Don't have to worry too much as I've already graduated but theyre still waiting to confirm places!

Great news! How long did they let you sweat between your interview and informing you that you had been successful?
Original post by C4OShea
Great news! How long did they let you sweat between your interview and informing you that you had been successful?

Exactly a week! They sent me an email saying I have a place but cannot formally offer it to me until they receive confirmation of places/registration.
Reply 22
Original post by abbie_fabbie
Exactly a week! They sent me an email saying I have a place but cannot formally offer it to me until they receive confirmation of places/registration.

Thanks, I had my history interview last Thursday so am checking GTTR everyday! By them i take it you meant Oxford not GTTR? Well Done!
Original post by C4OShea
Thanks, I had my history interview last Thursday so am checking GTTR everyday! By them i take it you meant Oxford not GTTR? Well Done![/Q

Yeah the department emailed me last week; GTTR haven't updated! I think they're still trying to work some things out with them!
Reply 24
Original post by Katie_22
Found out yesterday that I have a place on the Southampton Primary PGCE. :smile:

Hey was just wondering what the interview etc was like?
Hey, I had my pgce interview at Roehampton last thursday. (to do a PGCE in History secondary). Just wondering if anyone had heard anything. Although we were told that it is best not to hear anything as they are unable to offer any places until Jan of Feb..
Reply 26
Original post by MathsGirl
Unofficially got offered a place but GTTR hasnt been updated.

Where at??
Reply 27
Original post by kizzle89
Hey was just wondering what the interview etc was like?

Hey, have you been offered an interview at Southampton for the primary PGCE? They send you a pack with details of what they expect.
As for the actual day, it begins with a presentation about the PGCE course at Southampton. We were then divided into small groups, around 5 I think, to give our presentations. These were done in front of the other candidates, lecturer and normally a head teacher. After everyone had presented there was a quick group discussion. We were then taken back to the main room to complete the maths and written tests. During this we were called out individually for interviews with the lecturer and head teacher who had watched the presentations.
if you're preparing for the interview I'd focus on the presentation, make sure you know your topic well. Also make sure you're aware of topics in education generally as then it'll be easier to participate in the group discussion.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 28
hey, Ive had an unofficial offer for Primary PGCE course but can confirm until the new year due to allocations. Anyone have an idea how likley I am to get onto the course?
conditional Offer ( but not official, on the letter says that they should have numbers in early Dec) for Leicester Uni :smile: on the condition I do a SKE course!
Original post by sp09aaj
hey, Ive had an unofficial offer for Primary PGCE course but can confirm until the new year due to allocations. Anyone have an idea how likley I am to get onto the course?

After my interview the bloke was like well im going to offer you a place. Gave me the conditions and everything . Then i waited 2 weeks and finally my GTTR has been updated and ive firmed that offer so if your like me and was offered it during your interview then im guessing your ok. Contact the uni just to see how long it wlil take before GTTR has been updated.
Original post by wrighsar
Where at??

Chichester and GTTR was updated today so ive firmed the offer.
Reply 32
I was offered a place straight after my interview was finished, he emailed me a confirmation of a place on the course the same day well within 2 hours. GTTR was also updated within a day
my friend recieved an offer from cambridge yesterdsay for a primary pgce :biggrin: and my friend ahs one for secondary re at swansea
Original post by nick17112

Original post by nick17112
As it is above. Tell all about your offers and congratulations in advance.

I have accepted a conditional offer at Bangor University Early years Primary 3-7 :smile: :smile: :smile: over the moon :smile:

Well done. Must be a relief, still. By the way, what did you read for primary educational issues... I'm a bit stuck in that

Hey, have you been offered an interview at Southampton for the primary PGCE? They send you a pack with details of what they expect.
As for the actual day, it begins with a presentation about the PGCE course at Southampton. We were then divided into small groups, around 5 I think, to give our presentations. These were done in front of the other candidates, lecturer and normally a head teacher. After everyone had presented there was a quick group discussion. We were then taken back to the main room to complete the maths and written tests. During this we were called out individually for interviews with the lecturer and head teacher who had watched the presentations.
if you're preparing for the interview I'd focus on the presentation, make sure you know your topic well. Also make sure you're aware of topics in education generally as then it'll be easier to participate in the group discussion.
Hope this helps :smile:

Hi Katie_22, can you please tell me what are the topics in education that I should know? What are the educational issues related to primary education.....PLEASE HELP !!!
Reply 36
Chichester and GTTR was updated today so ive firmed the offer.

Congratulations!!
Reply 37
Original post by miss_z
I was offered a place straight after my interview was finished, he emailed me a confirmation of a place on the course the same day well within 2 hours. GTTR was also updated within a day

I cant believe you found out so quickly!!! - Well done!! :smile:
Reply 38

After my interview the bloke was like well im going to offer you a place. Gave me the conditions and everything . Then i waited 2 weeks and finally my GTTR has been updated and ive firmed that offer so if your like me and was offered it during your interview then im guessing your ok. Contact the uni just to see how long it wlil take before GTTR has been updated.

I got an email to say that I passed the interview but cant offer a place until they have numbers for allocations from the TDA. So Im really confused! I guess they have sent the email to a number of people but will decide when they get the allocation number? But now I see that people have firm offer, I thought all unis were unable to do this until the new year?
Original post by sp09aaj
I got an email to say that I passed the interview but cant offer a place until they have numbers for allocations from the TDA. So Im really confused! I guess they have sent the email to a number of people but will decide when they get the allocation number? But now I see that people have firm offer, I thought all unis were unable to do this until the new year?

Did you apply to chichester?
I don't know why some unis can offer places and others can't but I was told in my interview letter that they won't be able to offer places until after xmas but I have an offer and there is nothing in the off that says its based on places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending