The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

To all PGCE Primary at the University of Worcester - Facebook group now up and running

http://www.facebook.com/groups/106371096158750/

To all PGCE Primary students at the University of Worcester - Facebook group up and running

http://www.facebook.com/groups/106371096158750/
Original post by Thor Molecules
I got an unconditional for Upper Primary in Bangor. Very happy with it.

Anyone else going there next year?

Hi, I have been accepted on to the upper primary course too! See you in September!
Ive got onto pgce early years at northampton tho everyone im talking to seems to accepted onto general primary and am yet to fond somepne else startin early years here in sept!!
Reply 424

Original post by zkjx
Just got offered a conditional offer for wolves Pgce in Pe the condition is I do a booster course has anyone else had this or know anything about the booster course?

Hi there,

Ive had a conditional offer for Wolves too, but MFL secondary PGCE. Booster course is a course they are running in July that is a refresher for your subject. Ive got to go on one too. Nothing to worry about I dont think.
Original post by neelab
Hi. Has anyone had an interview for University of East London, Brunel, South Bank or London Met?

What did the interview consist of? Were u for fs / ks1 or ks2? Have u had any other interviews elsewhere? My friend has failed 2 unfortunately and so needs advise ASAP!

Reply asap. Thanks

I had one at South Bank and got an offer - I was there for general primary, it consisted of a Maths and English test, followed by a group presentation activity then a group interview, in terms of advice I'd just say brush up on your Maths skills, make sure your written English is good and be prepared to take part in the activities.
I have just found out I have a conditional offer for Warwick Primary PGCE :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Anyone else for there?
Just got my welcome pack from Middlesex! :smile: I'm getting more and more excited!

So much paperwork to fill out :tongue:
Original post by tbmanu4life
I had Roy Hughes too! Which was good because i quite liked him! To be honest ill accept the offer soon anyway even if i dont get the letter soon just because ill accept no matter what the conditions are! I was certain it was going to be a rejection but elated when i saw the offer! Just want to find out other people who got accepted to now!

Hi

I recieved my letter today! It basically said that the conditions are pending CRB checks, meeting requirments of the DFE and confirmation of suitability to teach from the GTC. It also says that my palce is dependent on sufficient places in partnership schools being available which is a bit worrying!

Roy Hughes was really funny as was the headteacher who was with him! I'm really excited! Are you already in Leeds or relocating?
Reply 429
Original post by beckystern
Hi kg1990,

I had my interview back on the 21st Nov and it took about a month for me to hear back from Warwick. Even then it was only to offer me a provisional place and request to put a STOP on my application. They told me then that they could only offer me a provisional place as they didn't know numbers/funding for next year yet and could give me a formal offer until they knew about that. I got my formal offer at the end of January once they had found out funding from the government...so thats 2months wait in total! :frown:

Hopefully it won't take them as long to get back to you since they know now how many places they have now! I agree the wait is horrible, i can completely relate to how your feeling! Did you have to do the micro-teaching presentation?? It was one of the most nerve racking things i have ever had to do!!!

Good Luck!! Fingers crossed!! xx

Hiii! Received my conditional offer for English with Drama today - am absolutely thrilled!! Yeah I had to do the micro teaching presentation; very scary indeed. I know of someone else on the Drama with English course but no one as yet for my course. I guess we shall see! Congrats again on your offer :smile: xx
Original post by kg1990

Original post by kg1990
Hiii! Received my conditional offer for English with Drama today - am absolutely thrilled!! Yeah I had to do the micro teaching presentation; very scary indeed. I know of someone else on the Drama with English course but no one as yet for my course. I guess we shall see! Congrats again on your offer :smile: xx

Well done on your offer! :smile:
I havnt heard of anyone else on the English with Drama course yet either, where did you hear from the person doing Drama with English if you don't mind me asking?
Im so excited too! Its such a relief now its all sorted!! Bring on September!!
Congratulations again!! :-D xx
Does anyone know who to put as the training establishment contact on the GTC forms?? :s-smilie:
Reply 432
I have accepted a conditional offer from Lincoln Bishop Grosseteste for Upper Primary. So stoked!
Reply 433
Unconditional for ICT @ Swansea Met
To all UEL PGCE Primary students 2012-2013

Facebook page is here >>>> http://www.facebook.com/groups/180571142051654/
Reply 436
Roehampton PGCE

http://www.facebook.com/groups/328216780542087/

To all Roehampton Primary PGCE Fs/ks1 students 2012-2013

FB page here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/320738151296495/
Reply 437
Original post by andymcgowan763
Congratulations! My interview (for Citizenship) was also on 1st December and I've also got an unconditional offer :biggrin: So excited!

I noticed your location says Cambridge - are you the chap who graduated from Cambridge University, who I embarrassed in the queue for getting certificates signed off, and then walked to the train station with after the interviews?!
Reply 438
Original post by wozza1991
Unconditional Secondary History from IoE! Other secondary instituters? Especially history?

I've been offered a place on secondary art and design at IoE. Have you looked much at accommodation?
Every IoE-ers I've come across are commuting!

Quick Reply

Latest