The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smash1
Hey! I'm gonna b doing primary pgce at UWE. Have u received anything regarding crb and health check forms. I got accepted a few month ago and getting worried that they've forgotten about me lol. Congratulations btw : ) x

Hey. Well Done too :biggrin: I received the forms the other day in the post, and also 4 summer projects to do.. Haha they will keep my busy..
x
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Cool, might bump into ya somewhere :smile:

Haha Yhh .. :tongue: do u have fb
Reply 582
Hi,
Does any of you know if we need to send anything in order to get the bursary for the PGCE? I read it's automatic but obviously they need to know our bank account details... so how does it work?
And apart from the CRB Check and the loan to pay the fees, is there any form to send?

Thank you!
Original post by AABG1989
Hi,
Does any of you know if we need to send anything in order to get the bursary for the PGCE? I read it's automatic but obviously they need to know our bank account details... so how does it work?
And apart from the CRB Check and the loan to pay the fees, is there any form to send?

Thank you!

Bursaries are dealt with by each university. You will hear more about it at the start of the course. There is nothing you can do about it until you are on the course.

Each university is different about what you need to send back. Look over everything that they have sent to you. I had quite a few different slips and forms for things but they will all be very individual depending on the university.
Reply 584
Thank you very much for your response!! :smile:

Original post by Mini-Cooper
Bursaries are dealt with by each university. You will hear more about it at the start of the course. There is nothing you can do about it until you are on the course.

Each university is different about what you need to send back. Look over everything that they have sent to you. I had quite a few different slips and forms for things but they will all be very individual depending on the university.
Is anybody studying Secondary Drama at BCU from September?! I got my place back in January and have come across 1 other person since!

Congrats to everyone who has got on to their courses!! :smile:
Reply 586
Congrats to everyone on getting their place.

Got a conditional offer for Secondary Applied ICT at Nottingham Trent. Condition being I show them my degree certificate. Can't wait to start :smile:

Is anyone else doing ICT or Applied ICT at trent?
(edited 11 years ago)
Got into uni also - art & design! Have to do a prep essay comparing exam board specs - but they are exactly the same to me!!! Anyone got any tips? Why is edexcel better/worse than OCR?!

Got my Unconditional Offer at my first choice Uni today - Greenwich. Whoop. Only applied at the end of June, had my interview last week and got my offer today. I am very, very excited!!
Reply 589
Original post by BunnyBoo12
Got my Unconditional Offer at my first choice Uni today - Greenwich. Whoop. Only applied at the end of June, had my interview last week and got my offer today. I am very, very excited!!

Well done :smile: this happened to me too! Cumbria only got my application in June, i got an interview on the 2nd of July and they offered me a place the next day! So happy and excited to start in September :biggrin:
Reply 590
I've got onto the PGCE for ICT at Kings College London. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly it was all sorted out as I didn't even register with GTTR until the end of May. It sounds like it's going to be an exciting and challenging year for us all!
Anyone else finding the summer's going SO slowly?!

All I want to do is start now!!
Original post by flamingoshoes

I feel the same :tongue:

All I'm doing is reading teaching guides, revision guides and stuff to prepare as much as I can really
Original post by flamingoshoes

Same!!! 7 weeks to go :biggrin:
Original post by robo donkey
I feel the same :tongue:

All I'm doing is reading teaching guides, revision guides and stuff to prepare as much as I can really

Haha I'm making notes on The Vorderman Report as we speak

Genuinely never thought I'd be doing work for a course I haven't even started yet haha
I need to get down to HSBC soonish in the week and get my postgrad account opened and sorted out come to think of it. These days it's a split between textbooks and checking some education sites for updates.
I need to get down to HSBC soonish in the week and get my postgrad account opened and sorted out come to think of it. These days it's a split between textbooks and checking some education sites for updates.

Didnt realise they do postgrad bank accounts, i may have to see if my bank do it.

Ooh, thanks for the reminder! I need to do the same, as I think my interest free overdraft allowance is due to disappear/drastically reduce soon since I finished my MA a year ago. I shouldn't need to use it this year what with the bursary and a student loan, but I've got to pay for accommodation on a 2 week SKE course in August which isn't funded. :frown:

How's everyone finding their course reading? I'm finding it quite difficult to focus on - it's easy to read things when you've got an essay to write and know what you're looking for, but otherwise it's a lot to take in and I don't know what's important...

I'm also trying to learn a lot of Spanish grammar to get it up to scratch before my SKE course (I only have GCSE and I think the course is aimed more at people with A-Level), but then got sent a load of pre-course tasks in French and am realising some areas of that have got a bit rusty since I finished my degree 2 years ago. So much to do!
I got sent a reading list of about 40 books from UEA so I picked a selection really and I'm sort of just reading through them now, both geography teaching, geography and general secondary teaching, my main worry is subject knowledge (how can I remember 7 years of geography off by heart?!) ;_;. I'm sure it'll come together though.

I'm also trying to find the best sites for education news, might go pick up a Guardian tomorrow, see what the latest is on the printed front. I'm sort of just checking the BBC, Guardian and TES sites every morning with my breakfast and seeing what the latest is, the best stuff I'm bookmarking separately.
Original post by pineapple86
Didnt realise they do postgrad bank accounts, i may have to see if my bank do it.

HSBC definitely do, I'm unsure about the other though, if you can't see it they might be with regular student accounts though, I couldn't see them at first on HSBC

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/current-accounts/student-bank-account?HBEU_dyn_lnk=EveryDayBanking_StudentsGraduates_StudentBankAcc_Link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending