The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Still waiting on Sussex... guess we will all be waiting until the new year to find out! :frown: BOO! congrats to everyone who has a place elsewhere!!
Reply 101
Conditional offer for primary PGCE at Brunel!!! Sooooooooooooooooo happy!!!
Reply 102
Congrats to everyone who has secured a teacher training place..! I found out on Tuesday that I've been accepted onto the Religious Education PGCE! Yay me...I'm over the moon..:-)

So what r ppl planning on doing, in terms of prep for the next 8-9 months
Original post by pippa23
I have just received my offer for Geography at Oxford, abbie_fabbie is this what you are doing? If so, see you there!

Now to start trawling through college websites to try and make sense of them all:confused:

Hey it is! Congrats! When did you have your interview? What college are you thinking of applying for?
Reply 104
my interview was 14th Dec so I think I found out quite quickly, when was yours? I'm not really sure about colleges, I don't know what to look for! I quite like St Edmunds and Christ Church but only because they look pretty! What about you? I'm so excited now, can't wait for September!
Reply 105
Just recieved an Unconditional from Brunel for the Primary PGCE! So happy! Best Christmas Eve ever! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 106
Anyone got a place for Roehampton for either 2011 so studying currently or 2012? Do you know what extract from Harry Potter you were given to correct the grammar and spellings from?
Reply 107
Original post by neelab
Anyone got a place for Roehampton for either 2011 so studying currently or 2012? Do you know what extract from Harry Potter you were given to correct the grammar and spellings from?

Hi, I had my interview last month (November) and the corrections we had was from 'Little Red Riding Hood'. We had to correct the spellings and then write a piece on how children learn. Hope this helps.
Reply 108
Original post by joshua07

Hi, I had my interview last month (November) and the corrections we had was from 'Little Red Riding Hood'. We had to correct the spellings and then write a piece on how children learn. Hope this helps.

Sorry Joshua07 just to confirm this was for the PGCE Primary FS and KS1? Just asking because a girl i know studying currently there on the course above had to correct harry potter extract
Reply 109
Original post by neelab
Sorry Joshua07 just to confirm this was for the PGCE Primary FS and KS1? Just asking because a girl i know studying currently there on the course above had to correct harry potter extract

Mine is the PGCE KS2 but the interview I attended was a mixture of FS & KS1 and KS2. I believe the Harry Potter extract was for last year's interview, I read that somewhere when reading through other threads so I would know what to do to prepare for my interview. The only correction was the commas on each sentence and the 200 word essay on how children learn.
Reply 110
oh brilliant sounds great! do you remember the lines at all? I know it is cheeky! or if it was from the start, middle or end of the story? u said just commas? are you sure? seems too easy! are you sure you didnt have to put speech marks, full stops etc in? can you please also tell me the timetable for the day, how did it go? interview - were you interviewed by yourself by one person or 2? presentation - was you by yourself or another student etc? also did you take a portfolio?

thanks
Reply 111
Mine is the PGCE KS2 but the interview I attended was a mixture of FS & KS1 and KS2. I believe the Harry Potter extract was for last year's interview, I read that somewhere when reading through other threads so I would know what to do to prepare for my interview. The only correction was the commas on each sentence and the 200 word essay on how children learn.

oh brilliant sounds great! do you remember the lines at all? I know it is cheeky! or if it was from the start, middle or end of the story? u said just commas? are you sure? seems too easy! are you sure you didnt have to put speech marks, full stops etc in? can you please also tell me the timetable for the day, how did it go? interview - were you interviewed by yourself by one person or 2? presentation - was you by yourself or another student etc? also did you take a portfolio?

thanks
Reply 112
Hi guys...I've been accepted on the Brunel Primary PGCE as well! Well done Shell!

Have a great new year and see you in 2012! :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by neelab

Original post by neelab

thanks

sorry joshua07 i am posting an additional question to the post before u have even answered the original one! My friend has asked when u read the TES was it at home or whilst waiting to be seen? Thanks i appreciate u giving time to a complete stranger and answering all me and my friends questions
Reply 114
Original post by neelab
sorry joshua07 i am posting an additional question to the post before u have even answered the original one! My friend has asked when u read the TES was it at home or whilst waiting to be seen? Thanks i appreciate u giving time to a complete stranger and answering all me and my friends questions

I read the TES at home (around two weeks worth as I had just subscribed to it) and I talked about Summer born children and how it effects their education. I can't remember the exact lines but something like "She cried what big ears you have grandma" and because it seemed too easy it made me doubt myself. The day began with us handing in all our documents, then followed by a tour of the university. We were then given a talk by one of the lecturers for about 20-30mins followed by the English task for another 30 minutes. We were divided into groups and each person in that group was interviewed by the same person, so there was only one interviewer per person. My interviewer was very nice but I didn't take a portfolio. Although the test seemed to easy I think it was also the 200 words on how children learn. I wrote about visual, kinetic and I can't remember the third.

Hope this helps.
Reply 115

I read the TES at home (around two weeks worth as I had just subscribed to it) and I talked about Summer born children and how it effects their education. I can't remember the exact lines but something like "She cried what big ears you have grandma" and because it seemed too easy it made me doubt myself. The day began with us handing in all our documents, then followed by a tour of the university. We were then given a talk by one of the lecturers for about 20-30mins followed by the English task for another 30 minutes. We were divided into groups and each person in that group was interviewed by the same person, so there was only one interviewer per person. My interviewer was very nice but I didn't take a portfolio. Although the test seemed to easy I think it was also the 200 words on how children learn. I wrote about visual, kinetic and I can't remember the third.

Hope this helps.

it does thanks last question from me although my friend may have more lol but u said only commas so u didnt correct the sentence 'She cried what big ears you have grandma' as:

She cried, "What big ears, you have grandma"

So i mean u didnt use speech marks like i have above?
Reply 116
Original post by neelab
it does thanks last question from me although my friend may have more lol but u said only commas so u didnt correct the sentence 'She cried what big ears you have grandma' as:

She cried, "What big ears, you have grandma"

So i mean u didnt use speech marks like i have above?

No the speech marks were already there, the only corrections were the commas.
Reply 117

Ok thanks alot i thoroughly appreciate it! I recall u mentioning being asked what preparation you will do for the PGCE and how you felt capable of doing the PGCE. What did u answer for these? Please give as much info as IOE rejected me on the basis of failing the interview unfortunately.
Reply 118

Also did you say you had to correct some spellings? On what?
Reply 119
Original post by neelab
Ok thanks alot i thoroughly appreciate it! I recall u mentioning being asked what preparation you will do for the PGCE and how you felt capable of doing the PGCE. What did u answer for these? Please give as much info as IOE rejected me on the basis of failing the interview unfortunately.

I made a mistake when I said spelling mistakes, I actually meant to say corrections in the text which were the commas. In regards to my response as to what preparation, I told them that after leaving my school placement, I have started to revise my Maths and English and looked at ways of making learning fun for children. I also told them how excited I am and how I enjoyed observing the ways different teachers taught their class and what I had learnt from it. I think I showed a lot of enthusiam at this stage as I mentioned the different methods I observed and which one I felt was more beneficial for me. I also said I was ready for the PGCE and realised it would be hard work but I was now ready to put in the work required and made sure I expressed I excited I was working with children.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending