The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miss_Brown

Hi,

I am new to this site!

I have gained a place at the university of Plymouth on a Drama PGCE.

I secured a place last year but due to the TDA allocations they had to then offer me a defferred place for 2012.

I was at the time very upset, but we are now in 2012 and I am getting very excited!

IS there any other people out there who have applied to the university of plymouth or gainned a place?

Victoria :smile:

Hey, Ive got an interview at Plymouth in a few weeks for PGCE Geography, just wondering what did you find the interview like?? and the written task??
Maddi
Reply 161
Original post by StarBabyCat
when was it processed? That's the date you have to go for. It might be worth calling them. I'm waiting to hear back from the same course; mine was processed on Oct 14th and my interview was 8th Dec. They don't like to give you too long to prepare, 5 days at the most I think. I guess I waited a month before calling and they said another 2 weeks. So I'd say call, but you are within the normal range.

Come join in our convo over on the TES prospective student teacher forum!

The only date it says on my application on GTTR is last updated which is the 14th of November? Oh right, good stuff, how did it go? Thats good to know, just a bit itching now to get it done with and get a place on the course hopefully! Good luck by the way, do you know when you will find out if you got on the course or not?

Cheers will do, need to revise all the current education topics so been meaning to get on there for a while
Original post by Maddison.H.
Hey, Ive got an interview at Plymouth in a few weeks for PGCE Geography, just wondering what did you find the interview like?? and the written task??
Maddi

Hi Maddi,

I found the interview good, the staff were very friendly and I didnt feel at all pressured!

I had a written test, where I had to answer a question on teaching in an essay style. Don't worry about this too much as they are looking for good puncuation and grammar here and a good argument.

Then, we did a presentation on our chosen topic, mine was greek tragedy and we had to say how we would deliever a lesson on this genre. I had to present this to three people (2 candiates and the lecturer)

Finally the one to one interview where we discussed education issues at the time of my interview december 2010 education was changing a lot so discussed 'white paper'. My advice read the TES paper!!
Just be yourselve, and relate all your answers to experience you have previously had in schools!

Keep me updated, happy to answer any other questions.

Vikki

good luck :smile:
If you do venture to the TES forum you'll see all of the twists and turns! Basically we've been waiting for ages, one person got an unsuccessful. It's my 3rd time applying, the competition is insane. Hope its 3rd time lucky for me!
Reply 164
Hi
I currently have an interview for Newcastle Uni Primary PGCE course and would be so grateful if anyone could lead me to a current educational issues site? Or shed light on the main ones? There are so many out there I want to make sure I am reading the relevant ones, in the interview do they ask you on a topic or is it likely I choose one to discuss?
Also the TES is now a magazine and you have to subscibe, or can you buy this in the shop?
Sorry I am so nervous and scared I want this so much!! Any help greatly appreciated x
Reply 165
Original post by doingmybest
:biggrin: Haha, sorry! I just assumed that you were from your username. I wasn't on the back row, I think I was on the second to back row, on the far side. What's your name? Who interviewed you?

I emailed them before xmas and they said that although they have their allocations, they were not yet finalised and when they are they'll endeavour to get decisions out as quickly as possible. I emailed them again today to find out when in January we are likely to hear. I'm going crazy worrying that I'm going to be unsuccessful; I've never wanted anything as much as I want this!

I called today but couldn't get through to admissions so gave up, the person who picked up the phone in enquiries did not know if they had made their decisions yet. I can't remember the name of the person who interviewed me (Barbara, Margaret?). I was wearing a black suit with a red top underneath and panicked because during the written task although I had identified the errors, I didn't write down the correct answers. Where you sitting closer to the door or the other end?

I want this so badly and want them to just say yes so that I can relax a bit and start preparing for the course. At the moment I feel as if my life is still on hold!
Original post by joshua07
I called today but couldn't get through to admissions so gave up, the person who picked up the phone in enquiries did not know if they had made their decisions yet. I can't remember the name of the person who interviewed me (Barbara, Margaret?). I was wearing a black suit with a red top underneath and panicked because during the written task although I had identified the errors, I didn't write down the correct answers. Where you sitting closer to the door or the other end?

I want this so badly and want them to just say yes so that I can relax a bit and start preparing for the course. At the moment I feel as if my life is still on hold!

I remember you! I'd done the same thing, as had a few people who I was sitting with; to be fair, the instructions were to identify the errors, that's probably why so many of us had done the same thing. I was sitting at the window end. I had a black pinafore dress on with black boots.

I didn't call them, but emailed this morning: they replied saying that we should hear in 2/3 weeks :frown: This is going to be a long January once again.
Original post by destiny55uk
Hey everyone,

I am new to this, so bear with me! lol I was just wondering if anyone has got an interview for Reading Early Years PGCE? I look forward to hearing off you all :redface:) x

I had an interview at Reading but for languages not primary. but if you're interested to find out how it went, i can tell you.
If you do venture to the TES forum you'll see all of the twists and turns! Basically we've been waiting for ages, one person got an unsuccessful. It's my 3rd time applying, the competition is insane. Hope its 3rd time lucky for me!

StarBabyCat... what is your forum? I'm very interested to have a read now! :redface:

Hi Maddi,

I found the interview good, the staff were very friendly and I didnt feel at all pressured!

I had a written test, where I had to answer a question on teaching in an essay style. Don't worry about this too much as they are looking for good puncuation and grammar here and a good argument.

Then, we did a presentation on our chosen topic, mine was greek tragedy and we had to say how we would deliever a lesson on this genre. I had to present this to three people (2 candiates and the lecturer)

Finally the one to one interview where we discussed education issues at the time of my interview december 2010 education was changing a lot so discussed 'white paper'. My advice read the TES paper!!
Just be yourselve, and relate all your answers to experience you have previously had in schools!

Keep me updated, happy to answer any other questions.

Vikki

good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile: yeh i may be asking more questions later!!
Maddi
Reply 170
I remember you! I'd done the same thing, as had a few people who I was sitting with; to be fair, the instructions were to identify the errors, that's probably why so many of us had done the same thing. I was sitting at the window end. I had a black pinafore dress on with black boots.

I didn't call them, but emailed this morning: they replied saying that we should hear in 2/3 weeks :frown: This is going to be a long January once again.

I got an unconditional offer today!!! Yes! Let me know as soon as you hear.
Original post by joshua07
I got an unconditional offer today!!! Yes! Let me know as soon as you hear.

Me too! I am SO relieved, excited, ecstatic and amazed! See you there :biggrin:
Reply 172
Me too! I am SO relieved, excited, ecstatic and amazed! See you there :biggrin:

Congratulations, will see you in September. I can't stop smiling! I think I will have a really good sleep tonight instead of logging on to GTTR to check my status. What a great start to the new year, this is going to be the best year ever!!!
Congratulations to those who have heard back today! It seems a long wait until September doesnt it!
Its official;

An unconditional offer from

the Institute of Education,
Secondary History PGCE

Am absolutely chuffed!! 3rd time of applying, second time interviewed...all my begging paid off! (I literally begged them to take me ha ha!)
Reply 175
My offer is official now i just firmed the offer on gttr. I rang newman yesterday as i had ben on the priority list and they said they were waiting a decision from the subject leader. So i was glad when i had an email today saying something had changed. Good luck to those still waiting!! Roll on april when my SKE starts
Its official;

An unconditional offer from

the Institute of Education,
Secondary History PGCE

Am absolutely chuffed!! 3rd time of applying, second time interviewed...all my begging paid off! (I literally begged them to take me ha ha!)

Congratulations! It's been clear how much you wanted this opportunity! Well done fellow history trainee!
Reply 177
Has anyone else got a Kingston PGCE interview coming up?
I got offered a place for secondary history at Edge Hill :smile: Proper happy
Well done everyone else
Reply 179
How and when did you find out u got a place on the PGCE at edge hill???? Have they started letting people know???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending