The Student Room Group

Strangest method of procrastination?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr. Gutsy
Meticulously researching information that's completely unrelated to my studies, such as the history behind appliances, the most effective methods for conducting menial tasks, or peculiar customs and traditions in other civilizations.

I ve run out of rep :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't actually know how I manage to procrastinate.
So far this evening, I've done in 6 hours, what could be done in half an hour, and haven't really done anything else. Sometimes, it's watching seasons of Veronica Mars, searching through and watching every remotely interesting documentary on 4od, daily mail, Youtube, looking through photos, going through my notebooks and ripping out pages. Making food, eating food, doing exercise (rarely), fixing things, doing the washing, the ironing. Going shopping. Any excuse to get out of the house is great.
I actually lose hours of the day. This sunday, I got home at 10am, intended to spend the day revising. Sat in bed on my laptop, next thing I know, it's pitch black and time to get ready for the next day, and I haven't done a single thing. Oh dear.
I decided to learn a language rather than do my coursework. Downloaded a 30 hour language course divided into 30min sessions. Worked my way to session 4. Got bored. Started procrastinating about finishing the language course and did my coursework instead.

:biggrin:
Making weird animal noises
Eating, even if I'm not hungry at all! I always pretend I need tea/biscuits because "it'll help me concentrate"
Searching up things that don't interest me. Flicking through tabs continuously, in case I've missed anything important
Going downstairs to listen to my mum moan. She moans about almost everything lol so I listen for a minute, moan at her moaning and say "I need to go back upstairs to study" lol.
Reply 84
procrasting from one coursework due on tuesday by doing one due on friday
Original post by Uzzy?
Aha not necessarily completing it for them, but for things like coursework I'd help with research or read through their essay and give feedback. Oh and I help with Cvs etc :tongue:

:awesome:

aw thats really nice of you! :smile:
Reply 86
Just spent past 15 minutes playing with white tack .

I find if you stretch it and allow it to return to its shape it becomes really soft/light/hollow feeling in the middle
haha funny you should start this thread...

the strangest thing i ever did to procrastinate was register as a tsr member :daydreaming:

i also go through the tsr emoticons to find one that fits my post which is quite time consuming

failing that i also have a dictionary.com account, its awesome informative fun:u:
Today I:
-Went and bought some cheese
-restrung and cleaned my guitar
-did an online shop
-made a sign to put on our broken toaster so nobody would use it subsequently blow the fuse. (this was kind of necessary.)

First time this term i have done any of those things! And still a thousand words to write...and probably about thousand i should rewrite...
Reply 89
Original post by rgray
Eat the entire contents of my kitchen

Including the cupboards?
Reply 90
I once tried to count the amount of hair on my wrong arm.
Reply 91
Making Nutella sandwiches for college the next day ^_^
Some of these are just brilliant! I wish I knew how the sensible people manage not to do it!
I imagine that I'm one of Jennifer Lopez's backup dancers and my entire class is there in the crowd watching my awesome skills as I gyrate across the stage in a hot leather ensemble. Then I imagine that I'm the lead singer of some femme rock band and I play an electrical guitar and have a scratchy sexy voice, and all my fans are cheering me on as I belt the most profound lyrics over sexy rifts. Then I head off to my bikini modeling gig in Saint Tropez, strutting on a catwalk in a g-string and a perfect ass...but then of course I go back to my day job as a high power lawyer when the day breaks, and everyone is like, omg how does she do it?

Ahem, that takes up the better part of three hours...then I really have to do my work. I might spend another hour lamenting my lack of self-discipline and focus. Then just to be sure I'll hop onto TSR and write about it. By this time I'm too unfocused and tired to work, so I head off with friends to grab some drinks. Oh well, there will always be another day. Tomorrow, I'm going to conquer the world...along with my course load. Or maybe I'll just wait till the Christmas break...:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by such_a_lady
Some of these are just brilliant! I wish I knew how the sensible people manage not to do it!

How are we not sensible? D:
Reply 95
Original post by X_mark_the_spot
I imagine that I'm one of Jennifer Lopez's backup dancers and my entire class is there in the crowd watching my awesome skills as I gyrate across the stage in a hot leather ensemble. Then I imagine that I'm the lead singer of some femme rock band and I play an electrical guitar and have a scratchy sexy voice, and all my fans are cheering me on as I belt the most profound lyrics over sexy rifts. Then I head off to my bikini modeling gig in San Tropez, strutting on a catwalk in a g-string and a perfect ass...but then of course I go back to my day job as a high power lawyer when the day breaks, and everyone is like, omg how does she do it?

Ahem, that takes up the better part of three hours...then I really have to do my work. I might spend another hour lamenting my lack of self-discipline and focus. Then just to be sure I'll hop onto TSR and write about it. By this time I'm too unfocused and tired to work, so I head off with friends to grab some drinks. Oh well, there will always be another day. Tomorrow, I'm going to conquer the world...along with my course load. Or maybe I'll just wait till the Christmas break...:biggrin:

I do stuff like this. Be PM for the hour instead of doing my homework. Sam Cam is fit :colone:
watching the Give It Away video by the Red Hot Chili Peppers for about an hour on repeat
I do the whole hairbrush, singing thing lol.
And record my voice on my MP3, just to hear how weird it sounds and alter it by putting on an Irish accent, Englsih, American and Australian lol.
Studying gets boring after a while!
Look up new hip hop artists to see if there is anything I like
TSR
Eat
Sleep
Reply 99
I spend hours on end coming up with the most awesome revision plans, then I get tired and sleep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending