The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology A2 Unit 3 - January 19th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Sana210693
I thought the paper was okay considering i revised the practicals , but the essay questions were so vague i couldnt makeout what was ao1 and what was ao2

Thissssss. For ao1 I mentioned the studies, but my friend for the ao1 mentioned and defined what daycare is. Bah.
Reply 121
Original post by danielleL
Ah, okay.
Because I see that huge red "10 WARNING POINTS" thing at the top of the page.

yeah i put the same.. the last 12 marker was a bastard though.
Original post by mrsay
yeah i put the same.. the last 12 marker was a bastard though.

just like the examiner that wrote it
Reply 123
Some people in my exam didn't get around to doing that 12 mark in child until the invigilator said "you have 5 minutes left" D:

I did that last year for unit 2 and got a D.
Hopefully I didn't get a D this time round.
Reply 124
That exam seemed like 45 minutes, not 90.

I THOUGHT I did alright when I came out of the exam, now i'm just sat here thinking I've lost so many marks -.-'
Guess it's just the waiting game now... and revision for my next 2 exams... and new work for the summer exams... and getting into uni... no pressure, people x]
It went way too fast! Loads of people came out feeling rubbish about it - I thought it wasn't too bad? but I do health and crime so don't know what sport and child were like :smile:
Original post by mcquitmp

Original post by mcquitmp
My Daughter just said it was horrific and everyone found it hard - did everyone feel like that or was it just her and her school unprepared ?

it was ridiculous! whattttttttttt! can't believe the practicals came up for both sections!

and also haha yeah i got warning points because i had no idea what i was posting was not allowed! :frown:
Reply 127
Are we allowed to post about this at the moment?? Hope you all did okay everyone!
Reply 128
Yes we are
Did people include research evidence in both 12 markers? I've always been told that you'll be capped at 6 marks if you don't include at least one piece of supporting/contradicting evidence and I forgot :frown: e.g for child I described and evaluated andersson and belsky & rovine's studies but didn't include supporting research evidence for either of these studies
Reply 130
how did everyone go about the 12 marks?
crime: yuille & cutshaw health: physical dependance
Reply 132
can you remember the exact questions???!?!?
All the short questions went good for me only bad thing for me was issue for first part and the last question in second bit. I just wrote the positives and negatives, without studies. Essay question in crimimal smashed. Word to mods I have not said anything about paper in terms of questions or answers so do not give me warning points for no reason at all.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 134
Criminal 12 marker was very vague, I think I pulled it out the bag, though.

Child 12 marker was not what I wanted but I had to work with what I had.

The rest was semi-okay.

So I don't give anything away the exact same questions that came up in crim + child SHOULD be an easy 18 marks, my teacher went through both just before the exam.

Fingers crossed, good luck everyone.
Reply 135
What did everyone put for the 12 mark criminal question on methodology? I did Yarmey study and evalutated the use of field experiments. Ethical issues were very hard to think of. What did others put? I think you were meant to write about one of the studies in terms of aim method results conclusion though.. then ethical evalution oops
Reply 136
Original post by mrsay
how did everyone go about the 12 marks?

I found them hard. I rambled lots!
Reply 137
I was so annoyed the practicals came up twice in Crime and Child! Especially as we haven't covered it that well in class, does anyone think that the format of this exam was slightly different to that of the past papers? Hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries if everyone found it tough....:/ Also, for the Crime question on methodology were we supposed to describe the procedure of the study (i did yarmey) or were we supposed to describe the actual research method? i did the latter, but others just described the study...?!
Reply 138
Original post by RPM1
I was so annoyed the practicals came up twice in Crime and Child! Especially as we haven't covered it that well in class, does anyone think that the format of this exam was slightly different to that of the past papers? Hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries if everyone found it tough....:/ Also, for the Crime question on methodology were we supposed to describe the procedure of the study (i did yarmey) or were we supposed to describe the actual research method? i did the latter, but others just described the study...?!

I described Yarmey's study too! but in terms of the research method, so I did evaluation on field experiments and linked in Yarmey's study, talking about reliability and validity etc. I didn't go into lots of detail on Yarmey though :/ Not sure if i got it right as I think it was meant to be aim method results conclusion and evaluation. The wording of it was mean! Think i lost a lot of marks on that one
Reply 139
Original post by parkes123
I described Yarmey's study too! but in terms of the research method, so I did evaluation on field experiments and linked in Yarmey's study, talking about reliability and validity etc. I didn't go into lots of detail on Yarmey though :/ Not sure if i got it right as I think it was meant to be aim method results conclusion and evaluation. The wording of it was mean! Think i lost a lot of marks on that one

Yeah i didn't like the wording of the whole paper! It was a really odd exam though, didn't bring in theories or concepts which i found strange. I'm sure I did badly...do you when we get the results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending