The Student Room Group

Access to HE 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Isis
Hopefully! I had to go all the way to my college, pick up my diploma and scan it to my firm. They said they were going to post the diplomas today. Why would they even do that? Idiots.

I'm just waiting for my firm to get back to me. Hope i hear something today

The university where I did my access posted the certificates *2 days* ago, they didn't even bother notifying us that they had them or give us the choice to pick them up. Shoved them straight in the post and didn't turn up today.
Original post by owen.meredith
The university where I did my access posted the certificates *2 days* ago, they didn't even bother notifying us that they had them or give us the choice to pick them up. Shoved them straight in the post and didn't turn up today.

If you know that you met your unis conditions then i guess you're ok right? Are your uni asking you to post your certificate to them? I don't understand why OCN can't just send our results to UCAS. Things would be easier...
Original post by Little Isis
If you know that you met your unis conditions then i guess you're ok right? Are your uni asking you to post your certificate to them? I don't understand why OCN can't just send our results to UCAS. Things would be easier...

I'm 2 Chemistry units over, but 2 Biology ones above along with a few distinctions in other things. I do wish they could have sent everything electronically!
Reply 1343
Same story here, my college send out letters in mid July with info that certificates will be dispached to us as soon they will received from OCN London. Knowing that, I arranged visit to my parents abroad. When I called them yesterday I've been told that they don't post certificates and I need to collect it from the college.
So here I am in other country dealing with silly fools from the college over the phone. Not good at all.
Hey im about to start an access course to HE at Mathew Bolton in Birmingham I know I can get an 24+ loan but can I get any other help for travel accommodation etc.? and how much could I get?

Kind regards
Original post by UNI Nurse23
Hey im about to start an access course to HE at Mathew Bolton in Birmingham I know I can get an 24+ loan but can I get any other help for travel accommodation etc.? and how much could I get?

Kind regards

Hi, also going to Bmet in September for access to he business. Which access course are you doing and have you had an email to inform you of a registration date yet. I have to go on Tuesday for mine and I know you can discuss financial help with them then, although to my knowledge they only help with transport costs and that is on a monthly basis and is based on your attendance. If you are full time ( 3 days a week for me) then if you are absent for 1 day they will not help the following month.
Original post by mature35
Hi, also going to Bmet in September for access to he business. Which access course are you doing and have you had an email to inform you of a registration date yet. I have to go on Tuesday for mine and I know you can discuss financial help with them then, although to my knowledge they only help with transport costs and that is on a monthly basis and is based on your attendance. If you are full time ( 3 days a week for me) then if you are absent for 1 day they will not help the following month.

Im doing access to HE Health and social care. I've already been to induction just gave me my course details and timetable need to go back to show proof of funding to get my id badge later on. I wanted to find out if an access to he health would be enough for getting into university to do physiotherapy.
Im doing access to HE Health and social care. I've already been to induction just gave me my course details and timetable need to go back to show proof of funding to get my id badge later on. I wanted to find out if an access to he health would be enough for getting into university to do physiotherapy.

What uni are you thinking of going to? Best bet is to contact there admissions team or talk to them at an open day, but go soon as we start filling in our ucas forms when we start our course.
What uni are you thinking of going to? Best bet is to contact there admissions team or talk to them at an open day, but go soon as we start filling in our ucas forms when we start our course.

Birmingham ye I will do soon
Birmingham ye I will do soon

BCU or University of Birmingham
I know bcu has an open day in Oct, and uni of Birmingham is in Sept. Best to book a place online so you get the open day programme and can plan your day.
I know bcu has an open day in Oct, and uni of Birmingham is in Sept. Best to book a place online so you get the open day programme and can plan your day.

Ok thanks

Quick Reply