Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MSc Animal Welfare Science Ethics and Law

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I got my offer for the MSc animal welfare at University of Glasgow.
    Has anyone done this masters or got accepted. what was your opinion on it?
    I would love to get some feed back.
    thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am in the process of applying for next year. What did you think?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I postponed last yr. Im attending in sept 2014 so i might see u there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied for this masters?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting this course too! Can't wait. Been out of school almost ten years, will be weird to go back...

What kind of backgrounds do people have coming into this? I'm a vet nurse, have been working in a university medical research lab in Norway for years.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh cool! hopefully there will be a few of us anyway! i think it will be a range of backgrounds.. im hoping anyway because i haven't got a science background. im really looking forward to it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I don't have a science background I just work in the animal department at the medical faculty here in Oslo. But it gives me some great experience to build on for this course. And a lot of friends with academic backgrounds. My former boss, a vet who worked there for for many years, said she'd come with me if she could. I'm ridiculously excited. Also really scared of failing and having to go back to my current job with nothing changed... But it's a risk I'm willing to live with.

What kind of background do you have?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Found some classmates on the MVLS Facebook page. We made a group for our year. It's here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1444778775806526/

Feel free to join, we'd love to get to know everyone and maybe plan something for the first week.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have deferred my entry to next year. what is the timetable like? Is it 5 days a week?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is a Google Calendar link to the timetable for the Animal Welfare and Quantitative Methods MSc courses. If you go back to the school year you can see when lectures were held last year. From what I can tell it's about one lecture per day all through the semester, but of course we're not expected to take all the different subjects.

The link comes from this page. There's a couple more interesting links there, like the descriptions for the offered courses, as well as who teaches them and how they're assessed and weighed towards your degree.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied but not had a response. It's been two weeks, how long did it take everyone else to receive a decision?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Took about four weeks for me. And I applied in april...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2014
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.