Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

PGDE 2015 intake

Announcements Posted on
Have you had any embarrassing moments? Share them here.. 27-02-2015
£100 of Amazon vouchers up for grabs in our two-minute student survey 23-02-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im looking to apply to Glasgow Uni to do the pgde in secondary modern studies, just wanted to know if anyone else was applying for a pgde. Thanks! x
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hiya Lauren,
    I am applying for a primary PGDE at Glasgow, currently studying undergrad education at Durham! Do you know what is going on with the UCAS application process, apparently for Scottish universities we have to apply through undergrad, do you know if that is right? x
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on applying for the 2015 intake for Primary as well . I've emailed administration to ask what the procedure is because I'm slightly confused .

Posted from TSR Mobile
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm also applying for PGDE Primary at Glasgow, Strathclyde and UWS. I spoke to UCAS and they said that you definitely need to apply through undergrad. I've been through the part on UCAS where you add options and it let me add it in okay.

Hope this helps!

Samantha
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I was going to start a Facebook group is that's something that would benefit everyone ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hello all! Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think I was the only one applying! Very odd that it's done thru the undergraduate cycle but hey ho, iv half done it, just need to write my personal statement then I'm done! I'm keen for a fb page just lemme know!! Would be good to meet people especially if we will be at the same uni! Xx
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I applied last week for PGDE secondary in Biology How exciting! Good luck to everyone! x
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Oh how exciting! I can't apply til after the school hols coz that's wen I start my classroom observations! It's been hard to organise childcare coz I'm a fulltime mum! So il apply after iv been in at least 2 days, altho I do plan on staying on till the summer. I just want this application sent off! Everything's finished just need to add my experience to the personal statement. I emailed Glasgow an they only take between 8-10 students for the pgde!!!!
    Is there anyone else applying for modern studies?
    xxx
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PKMilwain)
    I was going to start a Facebook group is that's something that would benefit everyone ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Facebook group might be of benefit to myself, always a good idea for us to support each other as we make our teacher training applications. Like the rest of you, I am looking to apply to Scottish institutions.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanting to be included in the PGDE Facebook page leave me your name so I can add you to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Samantha Kelly
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Lauren Davie
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Skye Clark
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Sophie Anderson
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Shannon Richardson
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Is someone making a facebook group or will I make one?
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Also, who is everyone using as a reference? Employer or am I best to get a character ref?
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I'm using a uni tutor even tho I left in 2010 but thats still allowed. Xx
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Guys,
    does anyone know for certain the deadline date for applications?

I have applied previous years and it has always been the end of November/ start of December. I asked UCAS and they said the standard deadline for MOST PGDE courses is the 15th January.

I'm a bit concerned as I will be submitting my application once my reference completes it.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    January 15th apparently. I might contact UCAS directly about the specific courses though. Now I'm worried haha!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 3, 2015
2015 general election
New on TSR

Uni tuition fees could drop to £6k

Election genius or huge blunder by Labour?

Article updates
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.