Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Maybe gonna go

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am only 21, and I am sure I am not the youngest, its all good
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterH92)
    Hahaha i meant it the other way around xD
    I went 19 a few months ago, it'd kinda feel weird if everyone else was like 25+ :P
    It's a student, pretty much everybody going will be either a 6th form student, so 18, or in University, so 19 to 23. Obviously there are a couple of people booked up who have graduated and so are a bit older but the vast majority will be Uni student age.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha i meant it the other way around xD
    I went 19 a few months ago, it'd kinda feel weird if everyone else was like 25+ :P
    me and 'lifesabeach' are 18 and 'jcornh05' is only 17! so your definitely not the youngest
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well then, i shall be booking the trip tomorrow it seems ;D
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha still haven't got round to it but gonna do it within a few days xD - just got one question though

If we have to get down to london, i've only been there one before, will it be easy to find out how to get to the coach?? I may get a lift down so it might not be a problem, it's just if i end up taking the train

Also it's not a massive sausage fest right?? My uni is (like around 6 guys to a girl i think or something really bad lol), and most people don't go outside, so i'd love to go and meet some more people anyway, i'd just like to know before cuz otherwise it'll be bugging me haha XD
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha still haven't got round to it but gonna do it within a few days xD - just got one question though

If we have to get down to london, i've only been there one before, will it be easy to find out how to get to the coach?? I may get a lift down so it might not be a problem, it's just if i end up taking the train

Also it's not a massive sausage fest right?? My uni is (like around 6 guys to a girl i think or something really bad lol), and most people don't go outside, so i'd love to go and meet some more people anyway, i'd just like to know before cuz otherwise it'll be bugging me haha XD
    Well I'm a girl. And I've never been to London before in my entire life. It's gonna be interesting!
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Well I'm a girl. And I've never been to London before in my entire life. It's gonna be interesting!
    Well they're not going to say "get the coach in London", they'll say "get the coach at x place in London". So far, it seems as though that place is a tube station, so it sounds pretty damn accessible and relatively simple to get to - just get on the right tube line....

Don't have to worry about that for aaaages yet, anyway.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Well they're not going to say "get the coach in London", they'll say "get the coach at x place in London". So far, it seems as though that place is a tube station, so it sounds pretty damn accessible and relatively simple to get to - just get on the right tube line....

Don't have to worry about that for aaaages yet, anyway.
    I know. Just terrified of public transport so that's not gonna help me much
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know. Just terrified of public transport so that's not gonna help me much
    Then pay for a private jet all the way to Alpe d'Huez

And you'll have plenty of time on a shared - but private - coach to get over it!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Then pay for a private jet all the way to Alpe d'Huez

And you'll have plenty of time on a shared - but private - coach to get over it!
    I'll be fine on the TSR coach... just getting to that point is the hard bit. It's fine. I'll get sedatives or something to survive London
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be fine on the TSR coach... just getting to that point is the hard bit. It's fine. I'll get sedatives or something to survive London
    Well how far do you have to go? Can't imagine there'd be too much... Getting off whatever train into London you need, getting onto the tube, maybe one change on the tube, then to the coach. Simple enough, no?

Not as if you'll be wielding skis as you go unlike some!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:

Well you'll know the exact location in advance and be able to plan your journey so don't worry. Where you coming from?

Umm, no idea, never even considered it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm from huddersfield so fairly far away lol, the time i went to london was probably before i was in high school so it's gonna be fun finding my way around >.<

and i was just curious because i've got some decent friends from back home, but in terms of girls at this uni, i know around like 6 or something I'd at least say hi to, and that's better than a lot of people here haha :/
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm from huddersfield so fairly far away lol, the time i went to london was probably before i was in high school so it's gonna be fun finding my way around >.<

and i was just curious because i've got some decent friends from back home, but in terms of girls at this uni, i know around like 6 or something I'd at least say hi to, and that's better than a lot of people here haha :/
    Yeah well if you arrive on train all you need to do is plan a tube route in advance, you won't need to navigate streets and you just follow signs in tube stations. Worry about it nearer the time when we know finer details
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure a few of us could meet up at various train station anyway - nobody is gonna leave you wandering London completely alone and I imagine there's gonna be a fair few of us arriving at the same time. No need to worry really!
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm from huddersfield so fairly far away lol, the time i went to london was probably before i was in high school so it's gonna be fun finding my way around &gt;.&lt;

Shouldd I assume, therefore, you've completely missed all the chatter - and the thread - about there potentially being a northern pickup, therefore eliminating any need on your part to travel hundreds of miles by train?
    See this thread for more info.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure a few of us could meet up at various train station anyway - nobody is gonna leave you wandering London completely alone and I imagine there's gonna be a fair few of us arriving at the same time. No need to worry really!
    lol I won't particulary mind it if i have to find my way around, but meeting others at stations would be a cool idea

Shouldd I assume, therefore, you've completely missed all the chatter - and the thread - about there potentially being a northern pickup, therefore eliminating any need on your part to travel hundreds of miles by train?
    See this thread for more info.
    And you assumed correctly ;D
    Haha I didn't check this for ages, i just skimmed a few of the most recent threads a few days agi but yeah thanks lol, that makes things a bit easier

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 17, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.