The Student Room Group

Bank of England

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by deejay10
I applied for the Graduate Economics scheme, so maybe a slightly different timeline and process to the Postgrad scheme.

Just got the email saying that I'm through to the next stage. Only options available to book were 13th and 18th of Feb. When's yours?
Reply 21
Original post by cultist17
Just got the email saying that I'm through to the next stage. Only options available to book were 13th and 18th of Feb. When's yours?

Mine is on Jan 21st.

Is yours a group exercise and interview ?

How are you planning to prepare for it ?
Reply 22
Mine is on Jan 21st.

Is yours a group exercise and interview ?

How are you planning to prepare for it ?

Not much I can do really. I'm skimming through my macro policy course notes, reading up on the bank and making sure that I know my research portfolio inside out
Reply 23
Has anybody heard back from the Bank yet? I was told we would find out by the 4th March (today!).
Original post by ps1234
Has anybody heard back from the Bank yet? I was told we would find out by the 4th March (today!).

No I haven't heard anything.... For some reason I thought they said 7th March but it was such a long time ago that this may have well become corrupted in my head.
Did anyone hear anything yesterday?
Got the phonecall at 5.30pm yesterday, got the offer! Was chuffed. Good luck if you haven't heard yet
Original post by pompeychimes
Got the phonecall at 5.30pm yesterday, got the offer! Was chuffed. Good luck if you haven't heard yet

Congratulations! I haven't heard anything so I guess it's not looking good...
I spoke too soon. Got the call and got the offer! Very pleased. Good luck to everyone waiting
Original post by diddlysquat29
I spoke too soon. Got the call and got the offer! Very pleased. Good luck to everyone waiting

Awesome, congrats :biggrin: which division?
Original post by pompeychimes
Awesome, congrats :biggrin: which division?

Banking services - notes division. You?
Original post by diddlysquat29
Banking services - notes division. You?

Ah nice, I'm in financial stability
Reply 32
I've heard no news here...I'm guessing they have contacted all the succesfull applicants first :frown:

Anyone received a rejection call today ?
Reply 33
I've heard no news here...I'm guessing they have contacted all the succesfull applicants first :frown:

Anyone received a rejection call today ?

I havent heard anything either and am thinking the same thing :frown: Haven't received a rejection call yet though so keeping everything crossed. Please let me know if you hear anything - good or bad..and good luck!
Reply 34
Anyone on the postgraduate scheme heard back yet (full-time preferably)? Have all those that got the offer been Graduate applications?

thanks all
Azamat
Reply 35
Original post by ps1234
I havent heard anything either and am thinking the same thing :frown: Haven't received a rejection call yet though so keeping everything crossed. Please let me know if you hear anything - good or bad..and good luck!

Hi ps1234, have you heard back yet or received any emails? I've still not heard and wondering what's going on now!

thanks
Azamat
Reply 36
Original post by Azamat
Hi ps1234, have you heard back yet or received any emails? I've still not heard and wondering what's going on now!

thanks
Azamat

Heya, I heard back for the Postgrad scheme on Tuesday. Went well!
Reply 37
Original post by Azamat

thanks
Azamat

Hey, I received an email on Thursday evening saying they can't extend an offer right now but they still have a few spaces and so they'll get in contact with a final verdict in a couple of weeks..
Reply 38
Cultist17 congrats, Ps1234 sounds like your in the same boat as me! I've heard they have already rejected some people and I'd imagine they are still waiting on certain departments to get back to HR in terms of who they like. Probably optimistic if I was to say that we'd hear tomorrow but who knows.. Good luck anyway, let me know when you hear

cheers
Azamat
Reply 39
Hey guys,

Has anybody heard anything so far today? I'm guessing successful people will be notified today or tomorrow based on what they did a couple of weeks ago.

Quick Reply

Latest