The Student Room Group

How to continue with this guy??

Just looking for some advice on how I should carry on with this guy, whether I should just stick to being friends with no intention of anything more, or whether I should sort of..gently try to further it?

Ehh this is briefly the situation..I met him the start of this year through a friend, became friends with him and starting hanging around with their friendship group a lot. Started to like him, then after a while I told him I did, but he wanted to stay friends so that was okay by me. Then had a drunken few kisses, but he still said he wasn't interested, so I was okay with it as I'd rather be friends than nothing.

Then I tried to forget about it, but then a few times when we were drunk he would come to me and we would hug and have like, deep conversations haha. Now he's started to hug me a lot when hes not drunk either haha, and the other night just me and him were hanging out, had a few drinks, and he kept pulling me into him and cuddling, pretty much all night, it was so nice haha >.<

Okay reading that back, ughhh he obviously has no interest in me! But he's a very quiet person, and really hard to tell what he's thinking. I really like him, and I think he knows I still do, but I don't want to push it if he isn't interested, but then I don't want to miss out on anything that could possibly happen by being to scared to do anything. If that makes sense. But I dunno if I'm reading into things too much. So I'm not sure how to go about things...dunno what I expect you guys to say tbh :/
Reply 1
Ask to spend time, just the two of you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Just looking for some advice on how I should carry on with this guy, whether I should just stick to being friends with no intention of anything more, or whether I should sort of..gently try to further it?

Ehh this is briefly the situation..I met him the start of this year through a friend, became friends with him and starting hanging around with their friendship group a lot. Started to like him, then after a while I told him I did, but he wanted to stay friends so that was okay by me. Then had a drunken few kisses, but he still said he wasn't interested, so I was okay with it as I'd rather be friends than nothing.

Then I tried to forget about it, but then a few times when we were drunk he would come to me and we would hug and have like, deep conversations haha. Now he's started to hug me a lot when hes not drunk either haha, and the other night just me and him were hanging out, had a few drinks, and he kept pulling me into him and cuddling, pretty much all night, it was so nice haha >.<

Okay reading that back, ughhh he obviously has no interest in me! But he's a very quiet person, and really hard to tell what he's thinking. I really like him, and I think he knows I still do, but I don't want to push it if he isn't interested, but then I don't want to miss out on anything that could possibly happen by being to scared to do anything. If that makes sense. But I dunno if I'm reading into things too much. So I'm not sure how to go about things...dunno what I expect you guys to say tbh :/

I've seen this before. He is interested because you're there and you like him and I'm sure there are things he likes about you too.

But at the same time he's not interested, because he doesn't see himself with you long term, but once in a while he's lonely and maybe even drunk so he turns to you.

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but you're second choice at the moment. However, after bringing you down I can cheer you up by saying look at the book/film One Day. She's second choice for like..20 years or something but then he realises there is no one better for him. Then again Anne Hathaway is ****ing hot..it wouldn't take me 20 years to realise that...

Quick Reply

Latest