The Student Room Group

Can you be taken out of an exam after being entered?

Hey, my friend was wondering if you can be taken out of an exam after being entered. Her course leader has entered her for an exam for January accidentally, when she is supposed to be doing said exam in June.

Is it possible for her to be taken out of the exam? Obviously she doesn't want to get a U, nor does she have to try and learn the material she needs to learn for said exam in a month when she is supposed to have five months.

(Exam board is AQA if relevant)

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Yes; although you may incur a fee for doing so. (Depending on various deadlines and exam boards).
Reply 2
Original post by Zotler
Hey, my friend was wondering if you can be taken out of an exam after being entered. .

Yes - she should speak to her teacher or exams officer
Reply 3
Original post by Zotler
Hey, my friend was wondering if you can be taken out of an exam after being entered. Her course leader has entered her for an exam for January accidentally, when she is supposed to be doing said exam in June.

Is it possible for her to be taken out of the exam? Obviously she doesn't want to get a U, nor does she have to try and learn the material she needs to learn for said exam in a month when she is supposed to have five months.

(Exam board is AQA if relevant)

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can be withdrawn even for a short time after the exam has taken place. For other boards it is past the date when you would get a refund for a January entry but AQA still gives one for another couple of weeks. Get your friend to talk to the course leader asap and then to the exams officer.

Quick Reply

Latest