The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Robert Gordon Applicants 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Any diagnostic radiography applicants, my sister got an interview march 14 th :smile:
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
I have an unconditional offer for BENG electrical and electronic
Reply 62
I just recieved an unconditional offer for Robert Gordon. I didn't really plan on going there, it just filled up my UCAS applications. However, I have been researching it and it does sound impressive. Guardian or times rated the Graduates as having the best prospects I think and the most modern Uni in UK, but never really heard of the place.

Im from Northern Ireland, been to to Scotland once when i was younger so don't know much about Aberdeen or Scotland really.
Are the Scottish friendly enough to the Irish?
What is the city like? really that cold? lol
Whats Aberdeen like for nightclubs? Shopping etc?
Is there a lot of students in Aberdeen?
What is the University itself like? accomodation, student union etc

Any help at all would be great...
Reply 63
Original post by German_Saskia
Just got an unsuccessful. No it was my first choice.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

What to do now?? :frown:

What about clearing? To be honest, I'm not sure how clearing works, but maybe u get that way in? :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Happylad
I just recieved an unconditional offer for Robert Gordon. I didn't really plan on going there, it just filled up my UCAS applications. However, I have been researching it and it does sound impressive. Guardian or times rated the Graduates as having the best prospects I think and the most modern Uni in UK, but never really heard of the place.

Im from Northern Ireland, been to to Scotland once when i was younger so don't know much about Aberdeen or Scotland really.

Hey man im from N.ireland also and thinking of going to robert gordon maybe .. Im same as you I dont no much about Aberdeen really.. I'm sure there will be lots of irish students at Robert gordon! What did you apply for?
Reply 65
Original post by LilyLC
What about clearing? To be honest, I'm not sure how clearing works, but maybe u get that way in? :smile:

Uhm I don't know. BUt I guess there wont be any places for my favorite course. :confused:
Reply 66
Uhm I don't know. BUt I guess there wont be any places for my favorite course. :confused:

I honestly don't know… But who know, you should check it out, who knows? :biggrin:

Or else, why not take a gap year? (If possible) :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by LilyLC
I honestly don't know… But who know, you should check it out, who knows? :biggrin:

Or else, why not take a gap year? (If possible) :tongue:

Oh I don't want to take a gap year. I like to get into Uni soon. I'm not the youngest. :biggrin:
Reply 68
Original post by colly92
Hey man im from N.ireland also and thinking of going to robert gordon maybe .. Im same as you I dont no much about Aberdeen really.. I'm sure there will be lots of irish students at Robert gordon! What did you apply for?

I applied for International Business Management. What did you apply for?

Its really strange that I can find hardly any information about what its like to go to the University. Would love to know any reccomendations from current students about whats the best campus to stay at.
Reply 69
Oh I don't want to take a gap year. I like to get into Uni soon. I'm not the youngest. :biggrin:

Ah, ok :biggrin: I understand you, I am also a year older than everybody because I started school in switzerland, and now with a gap year I am 2 years older than most, I know it's not much but its enough to make me go crazy :tongue:
Well, then just try clearing :biggrin:
And if not, well, there other marvelous unis :smile:
Have u got any offer yet from others?
aww it feels mad that people are getting offers and i only sent mine 3 days ago lol
good luck everyone

im applying for communication design so fingers crossed
i might be waiting a while on an offer xD
Reply 71
Original post by LilyLC
Ah, ok :biggrin: I understand you, I am also a year older than everybody because I started school in switzerland, and now with a gap year I am 2 years older than most, I know it's not much but its enough to make me go crazy :tongue:
Well, then just try clearing :biggrin:
And if not, well, there other marvelous unis :smile:
Have u got any offer yet from others?

Yep, turning 26 tomorrow. :colondollar:
Yeah got an offer from Greenwich. Still waiting on Napier and Abertay.
Reply 72
Original post by CS_14
Hiya,

RGU is my first choice and i applied for Media, anyone else in the same boat?
I went up for both the open days, it looks great! like the accommodation too :smile:

Hey I'm in my first year at rgu for media! its such a great course, lots of coursework but only one exam for the first semester :smile: i think you will really enjoy it! what accommodation are you looking at to stay?
Reply 73

hey, as a first year student at robert gordon's and having kind of been in your position less than a year ago, i thought i might be able to help with some of your questions :smile:

Scottish are unbelievably friendly to the Irish and will make you feel at home, mainly cause of the fact that there are sooo many Irish students here studying, especially nursing!
Aberdeen's a lovely place, pretty cold but then i'm from near Aberdeen so i guess i'm used to it!
There are a wide variety of pubs and nightclubs for the size of aberdeen (its pretty small compared to glasgow or edinburgh), a favourite pub for Irish people is Malones, its got such a good vibe and brilliant fun!
Shopping - there are 5 shopping centres, union square the biggest and then union streets got lots of extra shops, suppose too many cause i always seem to run out of money! haha
Aberdeen is full of students, on a night out genuinely around 80% of the young people you would speak to would be students!
The University itself, well depends what building you would be based in. The Business school and Health Faculty are soo nice, big spacious lecture rooms but big screens so you can see whats going on. I don't know about the other buildings but i haven't heard any complaints.
Accommodation - depends what you want really. Woolmanhill is great for meeting lots of different people, is city centre and is the cheapest out of the student halls, however sometimes cause it's like the party place, you can struggle to get studying done. Though the library is literally a 2minute walk away for some peace and quiet. Woolmanhill is very basic aswell and some may describe it as a 'prison' because of it's brick walls, but it is comfy enough!
Other places tend to be quieter, however more expensive and sometimes a bit further away from the centre of town. Woolmanhills the best one, though maybe i'm biased.
The Student Union is cheap as chips, honestly sooo cheap! Good for meeting people. Not just a place to go for a drink before a night out as they show football matches on their many screens during the day and have a pool table for chilling too.

Hope i helped answer some of your questions. :smile:

Nightlife f****** owns
Reply 75
Original post by kareenxd

Hope i helped answer some of your questions. :smile:

Yeah was really helpful, thanks for taking your time to answer that!

last questions though...if you were staying in woolmanhill, is Garthdee in walking distance? would you have to pay for the bus to it or can you get it free with some sort of student card?
Reply 76
Original post by theonelink
Nightlife f****** owns

I'm going take f****** owns as its good. Nice one.

last questions though...if you were staying in woolmanhill, is Garthdee in walking distance? would you have to pay for the bus to it or can you get it free with some sort of student card?

Garthdee is definitely not walking distance from Woolmanhill. I did know people who biked it, though.

Buses are fairly expensive here but then again it's the second most expensive city in the UK so it's to be expected.
Reply 78
Yeah was really helpful, thanks for taking your time to answer that!

na garthdee you're best to get the bus which is a £3 day return ticket or you can get a bus pass for a semester/year which costs a lot. Some people do take their bike because it can be quicker than the bus because of traffic, etc though i'm too lazy for that :P
I'm a bit late joining the thread but... I've applied to RGU's Law and Management BA and it's my first choice. Really seems like my perfect course and I love the idea of the third year placement but I've not heard anything back yet. Anyone applying to the Business School in general that has heard?

Quick Reply

Latest