The Student Room Group

I have feelings for a guy my friend likes.

Crush is such a stupid term but basically, yeah. My friend told me she liked this guy on her course, I didn't know him before but she did tell me that he came round to her uni room, that they kissed and cuddled.
So on a night out, me and my friend went to the bar on campus before union to see all her course friends. I knew none of them but I went along. At this point I still don't know who the guy is that she likes. As we join the group I see one of the guys looks very attrative and start talking to him without knowing his name. But as my friend introduces me to everyone, as she gets to this guy she subtly nudges me, to tell me that was the guy she liked, my first though was ' Damn!, why does it have to him!'. So there was no way I could really like this guy.

Anyways as we are at the University Club we are all dancing and having fun. This guy is giving hints towards me, kind of putting his arm round my waist as we danced and also I catch him looking at me, he also asked me whether I had a boyfriend or not, at which I replied honestly that I didn't. A number of times in the evening I kept feeling really guity although I did nothing except dance with him a bit, my friend did notice and I said sorry but she wasn't annoyed that I had danced with him, her response was 'he can do what he wants'.
At the end of the night the guy asks me if I wanted to get a drink sometime, I said Yes kind of impulsively, my friend doesn't know he asked me.
Since then I have told him the situation with my friend and how although I would like to meet, I don't think it would be a good idea. He then told me that he feels terrible for letting things go to far with her and that he only likes as a friend and also said he was sorry to put me in this situation.
My friend who likes him has gone away for a few days, which makes it even more difficult, because I am left over thinking the whole thing.
So although I feel it would be good to see him just to see whether I still like him or not and also to get to know him more, but then I feel like I would be lying to her, and I definitely don't want to ruin things with her. But then if I was to tell her I was meeting him, even just in a friendly way it would be kind of suspicious. I suppose its clearly best to wait until she comes back because I don't want to deceive her, but what should I do when she gets back? In the end I feel even though he doesn't like her, I wouldn't be able to get to know him more, because it would make it awkward between us and her and him.
Original post by Anonymous
This guy is giving hints towards me, kind of putting his arm round my waist as we danced and also I catch him looking at me

lol
Reply 2
Original post by Teenage Pirate
lol

what's so funny? I realise its sounds very stupid and like a 14 year put it but it but yeah thats just how I saw it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
what's so funny? I realise its sounds very stupid and like a 14 year put it but it but yeah thats just how I saw it.

Think he found it funny because people tend to look at other people, and tend to get close when they're dancing, doesn't mean to say that these are hints that he likes you in the same way.
Reply 4
Original post by ash1011
Think he found it funny because people tend to look at other people, and tend to get close when they're dancing, doesn't mean to say that these are hints that he likes you in the same way.

Actually I'd say those are pretty good signs that a guy likes a girl.. And I'm usually right about these things.
Reply 5
Original post by ST3V1E
Actually I'd say those are pretty good signs that a guy likes a girl.. And I'm usually right about these things.

I didn't say it was or wasn't :confused: Just trying to explain a possible reason for that guys 'lol'

But i humbly apologise :cool:
Reply 6
I would say it depends on how close you both are...
I kinda had a situation like this, my mate and her ex were having problems, being her best mate, the guy spoke to me about it cause I knew where she was coming from. Basically we both ended up liking each other, and after him and my mate split, we kinda got together at a party. I told my mate as soon as, and we have both realised he was trying to play us off against each other in the hope that we would fall out and he could get with one of us, however, because me and her were so close to begin with, and have gotten closer over the whole situation, it is only him that has lost out.
But yeah, I've mentioned this cause I think you should try and leave it, cause it could go the opposite way to how we went, and you could lose a good friend, and then find out that the guy is a douche, then you'll wonder why you decided to forfeit your friend for him... And even if it did go how we went, there was a hell of a lot of tears, shouting, and arguing in the middle of college. (yeah, we all go to the same college. Awkward!!)
Yeeah you probably think I'm a douche for going after my mates ex, but believe me, I know it was totally the wrong decision, and I already hate myself for it.
Reply 7
Original post by mc5088
I would say it depends on how close you both are...
I kinda had a situation like this, my mate and her ex were having problems, being her best mate, the guy spoke to me about it cause I knew where she was coming from. Basically we both ended up liking each other, and after him and my mate split, we kinda got together at a party. I told my mate as soon as, and we have both realised he was trying to play us off against each other in the hope that we would fall out and he could get with one of us, however, because me and her were so close to begin with, and have gotten closer over the whole situation, it is only him that has lost out.
But yeah, I've mentioned this cause I think you should try and leave it, cause it could go the opposite way to how we went, and you could lose a good friend, and then find out that the guy is a douche, then you'll wonder why you decided to forfeit your friend for him... And even if it did go how we went, there was a hell of a lot of tears, shouting, and arguing in the middle of college. (yeah, we all go to the same college. Awkward!!)
Yeeah you probably think I'm a douche for going after my mates ex, but believe me, I know it was totally the wrong decision, and I already hate myself for it.

yeah, thats true. We live in the same flat aswell and I get on really well with her. I can only see that maybe if she truely is over him or doesn't mind me getting to know him, then maybe it would work
Reply 8
Should I just leave it maybe talk to her about it, cause I think she likes someone else as well.
Reply 9
Girls always want what they can't have/know they can't have; in this case, a guy your friend has liked before you started liking him.

I thought chicks before dicks would apply.
Reply 10
Original post by SugarPuffs
Girls always want what they can't have/know they can't have; in this case, a guy your friend has liked before you started liking him.

I thought chicks before dicks would apply.

yeah I think that's probably right. As he has said he doesn't really see her that, but sees her as a friend, but even so, the fact that my friend likes him, is the main thing.
he sounds like a bit of a careless player tbh not that i have much info. honestly i wouldn't risk my friendship for him. is he really worth it?
just talk to your friend...be sincere...and kinda try to persuade yourself not to like that guy if possible...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending