The Student Room Group

Fashion Public Relations at LCF 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by bethjh
Hiyaa, I had the interview... it went okay. There is a man and a woman in the interview. The group gets split into two and first you get put with either one and do a group activity of creating links between loads of pictures they give you and you have to present links. Which went well. Then you have the individual interview with the other person to who you did the group interview with so mine was the guy. It was HORRIBLE. He's so pretentious, everyone came out thinking the same thing. He's really rude and was like slagging off Vogue and other people thinking he's so different for not liking them... frustrating! but i'm not sure if i'll get accepted or not... we'll see! Have you heard back yet? Yeah I've print screened them! What have you put in yours? :smile:

Ahhh thanks, thats so much help!! :biggrin: when are you expecting to be told ifyou were successful or not?
When you had the interview, did he ask you about your personal statement much? and did he stick to what you were expecting, or stray off to other topics a lot?
I havent heard back yet, but hopefully now the christmas hols are over i will!! i have an interview for glamorgan uni on the 14th which i'm nervous about but feeling fairly confident at the moment i think :s-smilie: haha. I've just got a lot of my photography work in my portfolio, along with some english language journalistic style pieces and some stuff i did for media last year...desperately trying to make it look impressive lol! :smile: thanks again!
Reply 81
Original post by imy7
Ahhh thanks, thats so much help!! :biggrin: when are you expecting to be told ifyou were successful or not?
When you had the interview, did he ask you about your personal statement much? and did he stick to what you were expecting, or stray off to other topics a lot?
I havent heard back yet, but hopefully now the christmas hols are over i will!! i have an interview for glamorgan uni on the 14th which i'm nervous about but feeling fairly confident at the moment i think :s-smilie: haha. I've just got a lot of my photography work in my portfolio, along with some english language journalistic style pieces and some stuff i did for media last year...desperately trying to make it look impressive lol! :smile: thanks again!

Next week I think! He didn't mention my personal statement he only asked why I want to do the course and by that telling him a person in this specific field I would aim to be like (don't say Grace Coddington, Alexandra Shulman or Christopher Bailey... look at creative directors or publishers for different brands?), if I have a blog, who I follow on twitter and what magazine I read (don't say Vogue) haha. He'll try and challenge you so make sure you have an argument for your answer! Also in the group question look up old artists/art movements, photographers, factory girl film and links between designers there were henry holland, anna wintour, audrey hepburn, yves saint laurent, chanel, phillip green, bhs, m+s, topshop, fauvism art movement... those were some pictures we had to link so you might wanna look up some of those? it's okay because you'll bounce off each other in the group one but they're the only ones i can remember! aw good luck! Got my Ravensbourne one Friday which I'm nervous about... yeah I'm really paranoid about my portfolio... it doesn't look much! hm ow well, we'll see! Good luck! + hope that helped :smile: x
Reply 82
Original post by Laura xox
No not yet, really want an interview there as well. I've heard back from dmu for buying & uca. Is ur marketing course at dmu, the fashion buying one?

yeah it is, did you apply for that course ? if so have uu heard back yet?
Reply 83
Original post by edare1
yeah it is, did you apply for that course ? if so have uu heard back yet?

Yh I've applied to that to :smile: I've got an interview on 17th jan, I know we don't need portfolios what this interview, but have no idea what there gna ask :s feel so under prepared tbh x
Original post by edare1
my interview wasn't good if am honest, i thought it went really crap& if am honest i think i will get a reject && nope i haven't heard but yet from them - have you had an interview with them ?& thanks so much

I had a ravensbourne interview before christmas as well & still haven't hear back & they said a week so i'm really worried now :s
Original post by edare1
i got an offer for university of creative arts - has anyone heard back from them ?

i got an offer there for fashion promotion think that will be my first choice tbh coz what i've heard about them seems to be totally different to what I thought
Reply 86
Original post by Laura xox
Yh I've applied to that to :smile: I've got an interview on 17th jan, I know we don't need portfolios what this interview, but have no idea what there gna ask :s feel so under prepared tbh x

i think at first its a group interview then we will have a one to one interview - good luck mines on the 31st of jan
Reply 87
Original post by gracejones.
i got an offer there for fashion promotion think that will be my first choice tbh coz what i've heard about them seems to be totally different to what I thought

thats good - congrats and yeahh same i think that will be my first choice cos when i applied i was not to sure cos i thought it would be crap but when i went for my interview i loved ( if am honest i don't want to go lcf )
Reply 88
Original post by gracejones.
I had a ravensbourne interview before christmas as well & still haven't hear back & they said a week so i'm really worried now :s

yeahh same i havent heard nothing back - am sure you shouldnt worry - atleast they havent rejected you with an email :smile:
Reply 89
I've got an interview at UCA Rochester for fashion promotion tomorrow :smile: and I am sooo nervous!:eek:
Can anyone give me tips on what to wear and also what happens in the workshop?
Original post by gacoleman1
I've got an interview at UCA Rochester for fashion promotion tomorrow :smile: and I am sooo nervous!:eek:
Can anyone give me tips on what to wear and also what happens in the workshop?

Don't stress too much its pretty laid back, the tasks you're given are straightforward but I only did one out of two. & just go casual/smart not too smart though & something you'll feel comfortable in.
Reply 91
Wicked thanks for your help! I had my interview yesterday, how long did you have to wait for a reply? :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by gacoleman1
Wicked thanks for your help! I had my interview yesterday, how long did you have to wait for a reply? :smile:

i got my reply the next day but dont be worried doe :smile: good luck & did it go well ?
Reply 93
The interview went really well - I got a conditional offer! :smile: I've got an interview at the Middlesex in a couple of weeks but feel a bit better about it now I've got through one interview! Where else have you applied for and what would your first choice be?
anyone applied for fashion promotion & imaging at UCA ?!
Reply 95
Has anyone else heard back from Nottingham? I just found out that I've got an offer and wondered who else has too?/ have it as one of their 1st or 2nd choices?? :smile:
Reply 96

Original post by cjag
Has anyone else heard back from Nottingham? I just found out that I've got an offer and wondered who else has too?/ have it as one of their 1st or 2nd choices?? :smile:

hey! yeah I've had an offer too, and pretty sure its going to be my first choice, however still haven't heard from LCF yet, but thinking theres very little chance I'll get in there, and I love Nottingham anyway so yeah :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by bethjh

I have my interview tomorrow (!!) and i'm panicking because i can't decide whether i need to bring my portfolio or not?! there's no mention of it anywhere, and from what you told me it doesn't look like we need one? :s-smilie:
Reply 98
Has anyone heard from LCF yet for Public Relations?
I got an email saying they had recieved my application but thats all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending