The Student Room Group

how hard is it

how hard is it to get AAB from CCC

I do bio chem & mathematics

thanks
Reply 1
Even through retakes pretty difficult but very possible as long as you put the work in. I went from DDD to A*BB but my subjects weren't as difficult as yours.
Reply 2
Original post by stuckinthemud2

thanks

very very hard.

You know I think essentially, it's not really about the difficulty. It's whether somebody who got CCC at AS physically has the ability to get AAB after the harder A2.
Reply 3
retake all your modules that scored low B's or less, get A's in A2 exams, rethink your study plan and revise notes daily, make sure you understand every aspect and detail of your topics... it's do-able, but you have to know exactly what your weaknesses were last year and make sure you focus on improving those areas. consider getting a tutor if you don't get enough help in class or if your classes are large. you can do it if you put your mind to it!
Reply 4
Original post by Lumos
retake all your modules that scored low B's or less, get A's in A2 exams, rethink your study plan and revise notes daily, make sure you understand every aspect and detail of your topics... it's do-able, but you have to know exactly what your weaknesses were last year and make sure you focus on improving those areas. consider getting a tutor if you don't get enough help in class or if your classes are large. you can do it if you put your mind to it!

I definitley had the work ethic for it but got majorly stressed out from worrying so much I already resat the year from UUUE (same subjects with physics) and I did it again to get CCC. I was so burnt out during the exam period though because I put so much pressure on getting A grades as that was my original goal that it affected my health. I was predicted 3 A grades and getting exactly that in every test throughout the entire year. I feel this really hindered my exam performance but I don't know what to do from there to really get those grades that I worked so hard for. I'm retaking a module per subject in January with 1 A2 exam. I've already started revising for my June exams alongside and will aim to be finished by March latest. I want it more than anything but just sometimes feels so so impossible :frown:
Reply 5

thanks

I don't think you should be asking how hard its going to be, what you should ask is; how many hours of work, per day, am i going to put in? All i can say, if you put the work in, then the grade you want, is more than feasible. A-Levels is a roat curriculum; personally, i don't think it tests one's intellectual capacity or raw aptitude, but rather, how many hours and how good your memeroy technique is, and whether you can regurgitate that in exams. So just work hard, is what im proposing.
Reply 6
I definitley had the work ethic for it but got majorly stressed out from worrying so much I already resat the year from UUUE (same subjects with physics) and I did it again to get CCC. I was so burnt out during the exam period though because I put so much pressure on getting A grades as that was my original goal that it affected my health. I was predicted 3 A grades and getting exactly that in every test throughout the entire year. I feel this really hindered my exam performance but I don't know what to do from there to really get those grades that I worked so hard for. I'm retaking a module per subject in January with 1 A2 exam. I've already started revising for my June exams alongside and will aim to be finished by March latest. I want it more than anything but just sometimes feels so so impossible :frown:

firstly, congratulations on getting up to CCC!! that's a great step up, it shows that you really can improve when you persevere! It sounds like you're highly capable of getting the grades you want but suffer from exam stress that causes you to under-perform. perhaps a solution to this would be to do a lot of practice papers so that you get used to the format of the exam, sitting down and working through a paper under exam conditions, and this my make it less nerve-wracking for you. try to take some time to relax and enjoy yourself around exam time, if you focus on them too much you'll go crazy! practice relaxation exercises and visualize yourself in the exam hall when you're practicing, you'll soon get used to the routine and when you take the exam you will be more prepared for it. good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Lumos
firstly, congratulations on getting up to CCC!! that's a great step up, it shows that you really can improve when you persevere! It sounds like you're highly capable of getting the grades you want but suffer from exam stress that causes you to under-perform. perhaps a solution to this would be to do a lot of practice papers so that you get used to the format of the exam, sitting down and working through a paper under exam conditions, and this my make it less nerve-wracking for you. try to take some time to relax and enjoy yourself around exam time, if you focus on them too much you'll go crazy! practice relaxation exercises and visualize yourself in the exam hall when you're practicing, you'll soon get used to the routine and when you take the exam you will be more prepared for it. good luck!

My only problem is the exam stress because I was on the way to getting A's but I felt extremely depresed during exam period due to my burn out, like I just could not be bothered anymore at all. I'm surprised I even got CCC from what I felt like...it was so tough :frown: And I had no support either, but I really want to change it around but I'm worried that it may happen again. Thanks for replying to me though, I also did all the past papers and the whole thing wasnt nerve-wrecking for me, it was really the fear of failure - I couldnt let myself fail again like that so I put huge amounts of pressure on myself, also doesnt help I have a Type A personality :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest