The Student Room Group

International student taking highers at college?

Hi all.

My fiancée is moving to Scotland next year and we will be married here. I say that because it's important to note that she's not here on a student visa - she is here with 'further leave to remain' which, after two years of marriage, will become 'indefinite leave to remain'.

She is going to apply for university once she fulfils the criteria for 'home fees' (i.e. after three years living here), but during that three year hiatus she would like to take some highers at college.

My question then is what would the fees be like for her taking highers at an FE college. I've had a look at colleges all over Scotland (we'll likely be in Glasgow or Edinburgh though) and they all have an 'International' section that mostly has things like foundation courses, or English courses etc. None of them specify whether the Highers' fees are different for home vs international students.

Any help is appreciated.
SAAS (Agency that pay tuition fees etc) have an excellent section on their website were you can find out what sort of funding you're entitled to : http://www.saas.gov.uk/student_support/index.htm

I'm certainly not aware of what FE college fees are. Your absolute best bet is to call one of the colleges you're interested in and find out. Alternatively call the agency I mentioned above (SAAS), they will almost deinitely have an answer for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending