The Student Room Group

Advice needed...

Ok so I have all my offers now. I got five offers and one rejection from Durham. Now my offers are as following:

Leeds - ABB
Manchester - AAB
Southampton - ABB
Birmingham - ABB
Edinburgh - ABC

Out of all those I can't decide whether to go for Edinburgh or Leeds. I didn't really like Manchester and Southampton, and Birmingham is still an option. Edinburgh is a definite, but I am unsure whether to put it as my first or insurance.

If anyone has any good suggestions, that'd be appreciated thanks...
Reply 1
Ash, Not to show bias but without doubt I would choose Edinburgh. It is ranked higher, is a fantastic city and you will enjoy a degree from one of the best. I was rejected from Edinburgh, sadly, but got an offer for Leeds which I might use as insurance. As it stands, I will choose either KCL or Nottingham. If had an offer from Edinburgh this would have been my top pick. By chance, have you visited either places?
Rose
Reply 2
I've visited Leeds, and thought it was great place. I'm visiting Edinburgh in late March, but I've heard so many good things about it; and yes I do know that it is ranked higher so it will probably be my first choice.

But is it possible to put down Edinburgh and than put down an insurance? Because Edinburgh have given me the lowest grade offers - it wouldn't make sense to put down an insurance which has a higher grade offer than your first choice does it?
Reply 3
Birmingham Uni is a lovely place, Edinburgh has a very good reputation :smile: try to imagine spending 3-4 years in each of the places and go for the one you know you can do it

Latest