Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Food and Drink: For You, Manners Go Out The Window!

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saranghea)
    A subway sandwich!! I have NEVER managed to get through the whole thing wothout getting everything on my face, my clothes...once, I managed to leave bits of salad in my friend's bag, I have no idea how?!
    This! I have never managed to eat one where the majority of the filling hasn't fallen and gotten everywhere!

Another is sugary doughnuts.....

Watermelon or honey melon slices (Chopped up into bits is okay )
    - I just somehow manage to get the juice to dribble down my neck!

Juicy huge Pears are another....

and chinese noodle soups like this .... - I always manage to get my face splattered with everything in it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For some odd reason ravioli and variation thereof.

When in public I'll peel the pasta apart and eat the filling separately with a knife and fork, fiddly but worth it. In non-public surroundings I simply use by hands. >__>

Yes, I eat pasta with my hands.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    And I'm sorry, but when I've got a big pint of lager, I don't care.

I don't care if I'm in the company of ROYALTY.

I AM GOING TO BELCH.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manners never go out of the window. :lolwut:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Just joking.

I eat Mars in the most disgusting way: I bite the chocolate off and give it to whoever around wants it, then pick the caramel off and finally eat the nougat in one bite.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had one in almost three years buuuutttttt...... KEBAB! :perv:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to a Hotel Chocolat box of chocs, manners begone. Offer to other people? Let others have the first choice? SCREW THAT. You can have something out of the biscuit tin or something.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Pizza, chicken wings, ribs, noodles and the hamburgers you get in proper restaurants.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, the excitement from seeing my name used in your hypothetical situation is too much. Feels like my fifteen minutes of fame.

As for the thread, when it comes to me and food, manners and consideration for others do generally go out the window. If there's a certain way of eating something which means MAX enjoyment, I don't care a diddly what people think of me. Think I'd hesitate with that bbq rib to get as much meat off the bone as possible? NA-HUH.

But typically common things are spaghetti, feast Ice creams (especially when they start melting and u have to start licking your fingers and down the stick and all sorts!)
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chicken, I have to eat with my hands. Also, crumbly cookies.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ribs, chicken wings, southern fried chicken, chicken burgers, any burger of any variety (especially ones from GBK), chippy chips... and god help that ****er that tries to eat pizza with a knive and fork. Are you KIDDING?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saranghea)
    A subway sandwich!! I have NEVER managed to get through the whole thing wothout getting everything on my face, my clothes...once, I managed to leave bits of salad in my friend's bag, I have no idea how?!

Also popcorn- impossible to eat without scoffing large handfulls into your mouth.
    popcorn, also not something you can eat without just chucking it all down yourself and not even caring

and fruit fondue.. who cares if you have chocolate all over your face, if you don't eat really quickly all the chocolate is gone and you're just left with fruit :eek:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Peaches. Get the juice all over me, but my god, its so worth it.
    Cheeseburgers- I eat congealed cheese off the wrapping, because its the best part.
    Corn on the cob, I can't restrain myself when I see it :coma:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A pasty, especially from Greggs is a cruel thing to eat in public. It's not exactly a sit down and hide your face behind your fancy napkin joint so plonked on a bench with a hearty cheese and onion bake which liberally showers your face with greasy pastry flakes and oozy sauce is not exactly elegant. Saying that, it still rules, and the looks flung my way as I guzzle that loveliness down are ones of jealousy and NOT disgust.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically all the time. I have a terrible childish compulsion to pick apart my food, like an overgrown pigeon or similar. Sandwiches in particular are a nightmare. I just can't help myself! If I'm at work I tend to bring liquid 'food' such as frijj milkshakes or smoothies for snacktimes to save public shame. No doubt I'll soon find a way of breaking those down into their separate components. Start bringing filter paper and funnels to work maybe. Sigh.

Also, if I'm particularly into a sauce and I'm with family members, I have no qualms in licking the plate clean.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much any fast food is made to be eaten like a total slob, IMO. :3 That said, I have friends that will sit and eat pieces of toast, sandwiches etc., etc. with a knife and fork (and labour over it for about three hours in the process) just pick it up and eat the bloody thing, damn it! :rolleyes:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a Greggs sausage roll is just begging to be chav-munched regardless of company. With the greggs paper wrapper half-surrounding it, chomp down on it getting pastry flakes all over yer gob.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Corn on the cob, I can't restrain myself when I see it :coma:
    is there a tidy way to eat corn on the cob? i know some people use a knife to cut the corn off the cob but you might as well just buy tinned/frozen sweetcorn in the first place...
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jendra9311)
    is there a tidy way to eat corn on the cob? i know some people use a knife to cut the corn off the cob but you might as well just buy tinned/frozen sweetcorn in the first place...
    That's why I just bite into it :p: I don't think cutting the corn off is worth it- like you said, might as well buy frozen / tinned corn
    I like microwaved frozen corn too, tbh, it just doesn't have that satisfying bite
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't even ask me HOW I'm supposed to be polite eating a KFC.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cereal bars are just designed for nibbling!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 8, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.