The Student Room Group

Attendance at college is pretty low, im worried about the consequences

delete
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Go to someone in the school who has a role in pastoral care - headteacher, or a member of a pastoral care team if you have one, and tell them that your home situation is rough. Tell them about your mental health issues last year. I had the same problem last year - it was my AS year, and my attendance suffered (my grades didn't, but the teachers were angry about me missing so much anyway) and they were quite harsh on me until I was found to have depression and finally came clean about the problems I'd been struggling with.

If you're a hard-working student, which it sounds like you are, and the school have any sense, they'll do their best to help you and will do everything in their power to make sure you achieve the grades you deserve, whether that means extra tutoring, counselling to help with the problems at home or just the teachers being more understanding regarding your absences :smile: :hugs:
Going through pretty much the same thing. I've just had 6 weeks off college because I went out to Africa to volunteer for two weeks, then came back really sick so I've had loads of time off. Last year I got ABBC and to get into the uni I want, I only need BBC and I'm predicted ABB but I feel seriously behind and literally n o n e of my teachers want to help me by giving me notes or anything!
Really panicking now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest