The Student Room Group

TSR Money Savings Club

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Doesnt appeal to me at all really. Even when I'm on holiday I get bored really quickly and need something to occupy my mind.

What would you spend the money on then?

Wow! :redface: Bored on holiday :redface:

And me, I'd save it for uni :biggrin:
Original post by Lauren Pen
Wow! :redface: Bored on holiday :redface:

And me, I'd save it for uni :biggrin:

Likewise. It's probably the wisest choice to be honest, in addition to being the most sensible.
Likewise. It's probably the wisest choice to be honest, in addition to being the most sensible.

Yeah, unless someone doesn't feel that uni is for them.
Yeah, unless someone doesn't feel that uni is for them.

Indubidibly.
Indubidibly.

yeah
Reply 225
Saving up with a house doesn't really help me decide where I should save my money. I was thinking of putting some of it in a mixture of funds (ie corporate bond, emerging market funds) and then some in the classic savings account.

Any comments?
Reply 226
Sadly it no longer looks as though i will have money spare from this student loan payment.

I should have enough money for general stuff though so i think i shall get a job in April and save substantially through summer.
Original post by Rakas21
Sadly it no longer looks as though i will have money spare from this student loan payment.

I should have enough money for general stuff though so i think i shall get a job in April and save substantially through summer.

Stick in my son.
Reply 228
So I bought a new laptop, a new camera and ****, I am broke. Well, but I am pretty happy.

Probably wont be going to the UK next year for studies because of the money issues, but .. that's alright too.
I actually seem to be bleeding money, which really is not a great feeling. I have a part time job whilst at uni and a job in a care home when back up north for the hols.

I think my most subsantial savings will come from learning to cook more and go out less (pretty obvious I know). We shall se how things turn out :smile:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I actually seem to be bleeding money, which really is not a great feeling. I have a part time job whilst at uni and a job in a care home when back up north for the hols.

I think my most subsantial savings will come from learning to cook more and go out less (pretty obvious I know). We shall se how things turn out :smile:

Discipline is key my friend. What are your savings at at the moment? Anything in particular you're saving up for?
Discipline is key my friend. What are your savings at at the moment? Anything in particular you're saving up for?

I have a modest amount already, I'm not saving for anything in particular. More just for life in the later years of uni. Will probably need to run a car for placements and when my brother goes away to uni, I can see my parents having to compensate a bit.
Alright savers, whats the chat? How you lot getting on?
Reply 233
About 20 Euro left and that'll be saved at least until february. Sigh.
Thought I would share a saving blunder with you all that I encountered the other day, thought it will have to be vague incase the person comes on here!

I went to go see a friend who was going back to a study abroad program. The friend hadn't sorted out ANYTHING for it. Including looking at her bank balance. After working out all of their costs, I realised they had a margin of £35 for anything to go wrong. and this £35 was the last of the overdraft.

Moral of the story: Have a permanent amount of savings that you don't go under , or touch, unless in an emergency!
I was almost tempted to buy a Macbook Pro earlier today, but I then I reminded myself of my customary stingy ways. Instead I relented and spent £28 on a jacket, which I actually needed, to be fair.

£1500 it remains.
Why did ya want a Macbook?
Why did ya want a Macbook?

I could be doing with a laptop for college and when I eventually start uni. A Macbook may be overkill though I think lol.
I could be doing with a laptop for college and when I eventually start uni. A Macbook may be overkill though I think lol.

lol exactly - dell's good :P
lol exactly - dell's good :P

Indeed it is, lol. So how are things with you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending