The Student Room Group

TSR Money Savings Club

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JohnJoe
Jesus, that's impressive. D:

I hope to make about 6,000 until next september when I am going to Uni in England! o=

It's not that much really considering how much of my wages I've spent on stupid things in the past. I do work stupidly hard and pretty much every hour of the day; but I really really really don't want to struggle when I graduate, so I thought if I could work hard now it'd be good in the future :biggrin:.
In. :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by JohnJoe
The hell, are you hustling?

No. Just wages day. :wink: (I shouldn't have put 'for the day' I guess)
Original post by Dekota-XS
No. Just wages day. :wink: (I shouldn't have put 'for the day' I guess)

Oh fair enough, I was going to say if you were raking that in every day I'd want to know your secret! :wink:

Payday for me too today but only a third of what you got, half it goes into savings though to build it up as much as possible!
Reply 44
Original post by JustAnotherCliche
Oh fair enough, I was going to say if you were raking that in every day I'd want to know your secret! :wink:

Payday for me too today but only a third of what you got, half it goes into savings though to build it up as much as possible!

Every little helps!

Couldn't help but notice the dazzling link in your sig, do you buy those clothes in bulk and then make the designs on them and sell them? If so, props to you, nice idea.
Reply 45
Well I have about £12.5k in savings but a £13.5K student loan outstanding which makes me insolvent to the tune of a grand. Yay!
Reply 46
Original post by chefdave
Well I have about £12.5k in savings but a £13.5K student loan outstanding which makes me insolvent to the tune of a grand. Yay!

Whoa, 12,5k in savings!

How realistic is it to make 15k in 10 months?
Reply 47
Original post by JohnJoe
Whoa, 12,5k in savings!

Yeah but it's taken we quite a while to accumulate that stash! And all I can think of is that I'm still in £1k's worth of debt :frown:

If you can save £15k in 10 months I'd be very impressed. I simply don't earn enough to be able to do that.
Reply 48
Yeah but it's taken we quite a while to accumulate that stash! And all I can think of is that I'm still in £1k's worth of debt :frown:

If you can save £15k in 10 months I'd be very impressed. I simply don't earn enough to be able to do that.

Your £12,5 is damn impressive as well!
If you don't mind me asking how long have you been saving and how old are you?

I'm talking 15k€ (£12,8k), which is on about the same level of impossibleness but yeah... I have to try get:
1. Job for the day that still lets me go to Uni (conditional offer)
2. Job for the night until about 2 AM so I can sleep at 3-7

I wont be online much anymore if I manage to get those two jobs. But.. Money!

Wow that's some achievement, well done! I don't count student loan as debt tbh. I know it IS debt, but the repayments are so low that I'm simply not counting it at all. I don't have much of a loan anyway, but I'm just kind of ignoring it, lol.

Original post by JohnJoe
Whoa, 12,5k in savings!

Incredibly unrealistic! Do you have a job? How much do your earn? What are your essential outgoings? Have you ever thought about matched betting? I managed to make £500 in two weeks, but then got bored with it and haven't done any since- which is completely stupid because at the end of the day it's free money!

I'm really looking forward to pay day this month! I have two jobs so I get paid twice- once on the 10th and once on the 15th. Could really do with it, as silly me put way too much of last month's into my ISA so I've had to struggle this month, oops. I won't be doing that again!
Original post by JohnJoe
Whoa, 12,5k in savings!

£15k? You trying to earn that much or trying to save up to that amount?
Reply 51
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Incredibly unrealistic! Do you have a job? How much do your earn? What are your essential outgoings? Have you ever thought about matched betting? I managed to make £500 in two weeks, but then got bored with it and haven't done any since- which is completely stupid because at the end of the day it's free money!

I'm really looking forward to pay day this month! I have two jobs so I get paid twice- once on the 10th and once on the 15th. Could really do with it, as silly me put way too much of last month's into my ISA so I've had to struggle this month, oops. I won't be doing that again!

I thought so too, sadly. But if I quit hanging on my PC for about 6 hours a day/night and work instead... ._.

I have a job at the moment for christmas and I hope I can get at least 500-1000€ until that. I work kind of a lot at the moment and managed to get 300€ in 5 days. You see, my problem is that the bosses don't really give me many shifts and then I'm back boring myself home at my PC for hours.

Once I can change that ^ with another job with more hours, it might work out. But the boss seems to think I can't manage 10 hours a day 6 days a week. I can, and I did that once already.

I don't really know about matched betting, it sounds fishy. >-< lol

Original post by Erich Hartmann
£15k? You trying to earn that much or trying to save up to that amount?

Ehm, both.
I need to earn it to be able to save it (Nevermind donations from family for christmas) and it's €, not £. It's about £12,8k =]. I need it for course fee and halls.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JohnJoe

I don't really know about matched betting, it sounds fishy. >-< lol

It's not, it's completely risk free, that's the whole point. The only possible "risk" is human error when placing the bets; but you could say that about anything really.
Reply 53
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
It's not, it's completely risk free, that's the whole point. The only possible "risk" is human error when placing the bets; but you could say that about anything really.

I'm kind of bad at numbers though, from what I've read it's about those. Hm.

I'll stick to my original plan I think!
matched betting scares me :o: I just read a thread on it at mse but I'm nowhere near sure enough of what I'm doing to actually do it
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
matched betting scares me :o: I just read a thread on it at mse but I'm nowhere near sure enough of what I'm doing to actually do it

From what I read it looked complicated... My small brain cannot process all of that information :rofl:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain

Well I used Fix The Odds, which works out how much you need to bet and lay for you. I mean, sure it might not get you as much profit as you'd get it you went it alone, but I don't understand it well enough so at the end of the day it's still better than having no money at all! :-).
Reply 57
Some freebies

http://www.freestuff.co.uk/sporting-free-stuff/ free kinteica sports drink sample maximuscle breakfast oats and free sports nutrition samples, plus this site has got loads of other deals too

http://www.kinetica-sports.co.uk/ (free samples)

more free stuff
http://www.freestuff.co.uk/go-endurance
(edited 12 years ago)
For everyone scared of Matched Bettting just give it a try.
If you are worried do a low value bet on FixTheOdds so you can see it works, then do it manually.
I suggest £10 Totesport offer as its low value and you wont be losing out much using FTO.

But after that try doing it yourself, i did my first bet on FTO but it doesnt display the best odds so you are losing out.
As Angel said its decent money, she made £500 in two weeks, i have just made around £430 in two weeks but should have made £500 but Betfair changed their odds on an offer and i didnt check as i was rushing!

If you dont rush its risk free, its only when your rushing, not paying attention or pure gambling that you lose money.

There are two threads on the Money and Finance section and a big forum at MSE.
I have made some good posts for new people on those threads with links to helpful sites like where to find the best offers and where to find the closest matches for odds.
Original post by JohnJoe

I need to earn it to be able to save it (Nevermind donations from family for christmas) and it's €, not £. It's about £12,8k =]. I need it for course fee and halls.

I think it will be quite difficult for a young person to save up that kind of money in such a period. Exception is if you have other skills.

Try and see if you could help someone to babysit.... a few of my friends are going to work on a cruiseship for the summer, supposedly with tips and everything you can quite easily make it to around €9k.... well if you don't start drinking and gambling or spending it away that is :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending