The Student Room Group

TSR Money Savings Club

Hello TSR Money Bunnies! :rock:

Let's get ready to save!!!!!!!!!!! :afro:

I thought it would be a good idea to set up a club/thread dedicated to saving money , money off offers etc...... Basically we share tips and voucher codes/ links etc..... for offers etc....

But one word of warning: Do not post affiliate links. Because TSR won't allow it and this thread is not for you to post your affiliate links to get cash and whatnot.

If you wish to join post below. If enough people are interested we can create a soc. :smile:

Members

Agent Smirnoff :awesome:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The hell.

Sounds good, I'm in. :ahee:

So I saved €50 by not buying that amazing hat I saw. Bank account now says €130.
Reply 2
I'm so in! I love bargains, I think "voucher code" is probably the two words I type into google the most often lol.
I'm in

Saved £340 from work so far!! I'll update next week!
Reply 4
I really need to get in on this, I fritter SO much spare cash down the drain and if I saved even some it'd be nice.
Reply 5
Can I just start with saying...Tesco Clubcard. If you haven't got one, and you shop at Tesco, get one, honestly it's worth it. In 2008 I went to flamingoland with clubcard points (there were 4 of us, all got in for free), last year I ate Christmas dinner at Bella Italia with 4 other family members for free (only paid for drinks), this year I've got myself a fridge-freezer with them, it's just really worth getting one!
Reply 6
Ohh yeah money!! I love it :P
This should be made a sticky for everyone.

Oh yeah... IN definitely.
Count me IN! :biggrin: I find the best site for vouchers/deals and freebies is http://www.hotukdeals.com/.
Reply 9
Count me in too!! All about student beans!!
Reply 10
OP should update the list!

So far my savings are 366€ =].
Count me in! I really need to stop spending.
Reply 12
Original post by FelixFelicis
Count me in! I really need to stop spending.

How much have you saved so far?!

Make my 366+150 =].

= 516€ in my savings!
15k in savings this year oh yeahr!!
I need to make £3100 by June next year with £2500 due at the end of April.. I'm currently on £1685. It would be easy if I wasn't spending £300 a month before doing anything fun :sigh:
Aha have you guys seen http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-ultimate-guide-to-penny-pinching/4od#3265247 I'm careful with money but the people on here are scary.

Plus an old teacher of mine is on it :ninja:
Original post by Bill_Gates
15k in savings this year oh yeahr!!

Nice dude, how did you manage that? Stocks and shares?
Original post by JustAnotherCliche

My stocks & shares are doing terrible at the moment (honesty) i run a small business and im quite a cheap ass not when im drunk though.
Original post by JustAnotherCliche

Forgot to mention a property investment too.
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Aha have you guys seen http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-ultimate-guide-to-penny-pinching/4od#3265247 I'm careful with money but the people on here are scary.

Plus an old teacher of mine is on it :ninja:

Im at the bit where the guy picks up roadkill ... I might throw up.

I wanna be a member!

Savings:

£1016.

Aiming for £10000 before I finish uni in June 2013 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest