Visit website
Reply 1
I'm going to the one on the 8th if that's the one you mean
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I remember the psychology open day last year. All meeting at George Fox a bit nervous and then everyone just started talking to each other. It was actually quite a good day and you get to see quite alot of the university, most importantly the department. so hopefully inlovewithlife your nearly 100% will be a full 100% by the end of the day.:smile:

xx
Reply 3
I'll keep an eye out for you.
Reply 4
Hi, i went to the open day yeaterday (Wed 8th) and i don't know what to think of it. The Psychology course looked quite good and the staff were all friendly but i really couldn't see myself being happy there. I'm not sure whether i like it or not. It all looked a bit.. crappy
Reply 5
Nel48
Hi, i went to the open day yeaterday (Wed 8th) and i don't know what to think of it. The Psychology course looked quite good and the staff were all friendly but i really couldn't see myself being happy there. I'm not sure whether i like it or not. It all looked a bit.. crappy

you don't like the place or the department? PM me if you want to know more about the course or anything.
Reply 6
Hi, I did like the department, it was more the campus itself that i wasn't sure about. I can't really pin-point what - i think i need to re-visit and go on a campus tour or something before i decide. Lancaster itself does look very nice though.

Some of the college accomodation looked at lot better than others, although a lot did look very old and run-down. I know i shouldn't judge a place by the buildings but it does seem to be a 'concrete jungle' with no real structure to it. There also seemed to be a lack of atmosphere although one of my friends there has said it's a very atmospheric place.

Do you enjoy studying at Lancaster? Am i being stupid judging the place partly on the buildings?
Reply 7
Thanks :smile: Yeah, I'll be sure to have a proper look round, and JoeFen, I'll keep an eye out! :smile: Who knows what I'll make of it, but we can but try, does no harm to look!
Reply 8
Nel48
Hi, I did like the department, it was more the campus itself that i wasn't sure about. I can't really pin-point what - i think i need to re-visit and go on a campus tour or something before i decide. Lancaster itself does look very nice though.

Some of the college accomodation looked at lot better than others, although a lot did look very old and run-down. I know i shouldn't judge a place by the buildings but it does seem to be a 'concrete jungle' with no real structure to it. There also seemed to be a lack of atmosphere although one of my friends there has said it's a very atmospheric place.

Do you enjoy studying at Lancaster? Am i being stupid judging the place partly on the buildings?

i know what you mean about the buildings but its whats happening in them that counts!! Lancaster is a great place to study and has a place to go every evening but at the same time it is quiet enough to be able to get the work done.

im really enjoying the course which in the first year is split into 2 modules 101 and 102. I think there is a general consensus that everyone enjoys 101 better, it includes the social, cognitive, neurological psyc. Whereas 102 concentrates more on statistics and research methods....a bit daunting at first but you get used to it. For both modules there are 2 lectures a week and then for 101 a seminar/tutorial every other week and for 102 a 3 hour practical.

Latest

Trending

Trending