The Student Room Group

Social Work 2012

I couldn't find a thread for social work applicants 2012 so I decided to start one myself :smile:

I've applied to Brighton, Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Queens University Belfast and UWE. I have an interview for Brighton next week and one for Leeds the week after, I'm so nervous!

Is anyone else applying to social work?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying for social work:smile:! I have had no interviews yet only sent my application off a week ago! I'br also applied for leeds!
Reply 2
had a rejection for bournemouth but just got interview for winchester on 9th jan
Reply 3
I have a interview for Gloustershire in two weeks! Soooooo scared! I've also applied for York, Plymouth, UCLAN and Lincoln :smile:
Original post by lorrabell
had a rejection for bournemouth but just got interview for winchester on 9th jan

Winchester is :awesome:
Reply 5
Have only just had my application sent off by my college, but am applying to Brighton, Sussex, Chichester, Greenwich and London south bank uni all for Social work L500
Reply 6
I've got an interview tomorrow at Huddersfield Uni .. Feeling very nervous!
I've also got interviews at Leeds Met and Hull. Just waiting to hear from York and Leeds uni!:smile:
I'll let everyone know the types of questions they ask etc, and ill post it on here. I've gotta have a group interview, individual interview and test!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
I've applied for Social Work at Derby, Chichester, Oxford Brookes, Gloucester and UWE. I've had acknowledgements from Chichester, Oxford and UWE but no offers or interviews yet. UWE just asked me to fill in a questionnaire in addition to my UCAS application, I'm hoping to hear something soon!
Good luck to everyone else applying!
Reply 8
had a letter from UEA today asking for a second reference for social work. i was gonna ask where i do volunteering but i've only been there 3 months, do you think this would be ok? hopefully he'll make me sound really good
Original post by lorrabell
had a letter from UEA today asking for a second reference for social work. i was gonna ask where i do volunteering but i've only been there 3 months, do you think this would be ok? hopefully he'll make me sound really good

Unless they have specified that the person needs to have known you for a certain amount of time, it should be fine :smile:
Reply 10
it doesn't say an amount of time and if i get accepted then by next year i'd have more experience
Reply 11
Received an e mail from Chichester yesterday asking to write 1000 words on why I want to be a social worker. I have a week to write it, and if They accept it I will be interviewed jan 10th.
Reply 12
good luck with that, considering there's supposed to be a shortage of social workers they're a bit bloody fussy
Reply 13
Original post by Kitty-Kat

I've applied for Social Work at Derby, Chichester, Oxford Brookes, Gloucester and UWE. I've had acknowledgements from Chichester, Oxford and UWE but no offers or interviews yet. UWE just asked me to fill in a questionnaire in addition to my UCAS application, I'm hoping to hear something soon!
Good luck to everyone else applying!

I also got the questionnaire from UWE I only checked my intray yesterday and it turns out the questionnaire is due on Thursday! Have you filled it out already?

I had my Leeds interview on Friday and it was terrible. I don't think there's any chance of me getting an offer which is a pity because I loved the Uni/city.
Now I have to write an extended personal statement for Queens and I have interviews for Brighton and Nottingham Trent on 5th/6th January!
Reply 14
I've applied for the MA and so far have interviews at Birmingham-18th January Salford- 26th January and LJMU- 22nd Feb, anyone had interviews at these places yet? I'm so nervous! xxx
Reply 15
Original post by TMaj
I also got the questionnaire from UWE I only checked my intray yesterday and it turns out the questionnaire is due on Thursday! Have you filled it out already?

I had my Leeds interview on Friday and it was terrible. I don't think there's any chance of me getting an offer which is a pity because I loved the Uni/city.
Now I have to write an extended personal statement for Queens and I have interviews for Brighton and Nottingham Trent on 5th/6th January!

Yes I filled it out the day I received it, I thought they gave 2 weeks from the date it was sent by them for you to fill it it? Don't panic it's nothing terribly difficult =]
I have my first interview on the 10th at Chichester eek! you never know, your interview may not have gone as badly as you think. Good luck in your other interviews!!
Reply 16
Yes I filled it out the day I received it, I thought they gave 2 weeks from the date it was sent by them for you to fill it it? Don't panic it's nothing terribly difficult =]
I have my first interview on the 10th at Chichester eek! you never know, your interview may not have gone as badly as you think. Good luck in your other interviews!!

Did you have to do the 1000 words about why you want to be a social worker?
Have they confirmed the interview?

I have just received an e mail from London south bank offering an interview
For feb 3rd have not heard from Brighton, Sussex or Greenwich yet
Reply 17
got interview at keele on jan 20, another early start, have to leave at 5.30am
Reply 18
Ahhhh, all of you seem to have applied really early. I only sent mine off like early last week.... Anyways, I've applied to Bath, Birmingham, Gloucestershire, Winchester and York. How sharp are they at giving offers/interviews this year? When I applied last year to do Physiotherapy they took absolutely ages! Didn't do too well with my last application, but I had no relevant experience and I was waiting on results. Now I have a lot of relevant experience and three Distinctions from a Level 3 BTEC. Fingers crossed I'll at least get a few interviews!
Reply 19
Original post by pia smile
Did you have to do the 1000 words about why you want to be a social worker?
Have they confirmed the interview?

I have just received an e mail from London south bank offering an interview
For feb 3rd have not heard from Brighton, Sussex or Greenwich yet

Yes I had to write the 1000 words, how did you find it? They confirmed my interview the day I sent the 1000 words to them =]

Quick Reply

Latest