The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S-man10
as a neutral I think I might say it might have been good to see some fresh legs on the Celtics team tbh. Both are wayyyy past what they used to be and don't think can hold it anymore.

Paul Pierce put up 43 points last night on a good shooting percentage. It might be time to trade someone but to make out like Paul Pierce is way past it is a bit of a stretch.

PPG: 19.5
RPG: 5.30
APG: 4.5
EFF: + 18.88

If you consider those to be bad numbers then i'm worried..
Reply 2201
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
Paul Pierce put up 43 points last night on a good shooting percentage. It might be time to trade someone but to make out like Paul Pierce is way past it is a bit of a stretch.

PPG: 19.5
RPG: 5.30
APG: 4.5
EFF: + 18.88

If you consider those to be bad numbers then i'm worried..

Those are some good numbers, but seeing as you are a Celtics fan, don't you think Pierce might be just a bit past it, and that trading him now when he has some value for decent young players, is better than trading him for some cash and draft picks later on when he doesn't have much value?

Tbf, I would say both Allen are way past it. Granted Pierce put up 43 last night, but back then I'd expect Pierce to put up 40 pts in and out. Now days it seems as if his old tired legs might crack any time.
Original post by S-man10
Those are some good numbers, but seeing as you are a Celtics fan, don't you think Pierce might be just a bit past it, and that trading him now when he has some value for decent young players, is better than trading him for some cash and draft picks later on when he doesn't have much value?

Tbf, I would say both Allen are way past it. Granted Pierce put up 43 last night, but back then I'd expect Pierce to put up 40 pts in and out. Now days it seems as if his old tired legs might crack any time.

What?! Look at Pierce's career numbers, he isn't far off his average points per game. Yet again i wouldn't say he is way past it, he is obviously in decline though, as you would expect with an aging player in the league.

The logical side of me would say if we could get some decent pieces then it would be worth trading him. However the sentimental side of me would like him to retire as a Celtic, which would be quite fitting considering all he has done for the organisation.

From a business viewpoint then maybe he should be traded.
Reply 2203
What?! Look at Pierce's career numbers, he isn't far off his average points per game. Yet again i wouldn't say he is way past it, he is obviously in decline though, as you would expect with an aging player in the league.

The logical side of me would say if we could get some decent pieces then it would be worth trading him. However the sentimental side of me would like him to retire as a Celtic, which would be quite fitting considering all he has done for the organisation.

From a business viewpoint then maybe he should be traded.

tbf, he isn't off his average but off his peak lets just say.

I would be saying the same thing if this was wade tbh, so not much worth saying here from me :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2204
Don't think I'm in the mood to watch anything tonight :colonhash:
Melo with 21 points already in the 1st quarter
Reply 2206
aint watchrd ball in a while. waiting for playoffs tbh
Reply 2207
Original post by Simon Adebisi
Melo with 21 points already in the 1st quarter

you ever put any action on football?
Original post by S-man10
you ever put any action on football?

Yes
Won about 150 pounds on this week's CL ties
Reply 2209
Yes
Won about 150 pounds on this week's CL ties

bet on chelsea beating barca?:colonhash:
Original post by S-man10
bet on chelsea beating barca?:colonhash:

:yes:
Reply 2211
:yes:

good work :congrats:

/sarcasm :colonhash:
Original post by S-man10
good work :congrats:

/sarcasm :colonhash:

Should have put money on it bro then it would have been win win for you
the sentimental side of me would like him to retire as a Celtic, which would be quite fitting considering all he has done for the organisation.

Agreed!
Reply 2214
Seen rumours on twitter that Howard has told the owner he won't play for svg any more
Original post by alexsong
Seen rumours on twitter that Howard has told the owner he won't play for svg any more

Saw that as well
Reply 2217
Saw that as well

Did he says "thats a bitch ass move"? :holmes:
Original post by S-man10
Did he says "thats a bitch ass move"? :holmes:

Yep
Reply 2219
Yep

lol to whom, and dwight is a likeable guy, although i'm not sure hes all grown up and mature

Latest