The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Original post by brighteyes1994
Do you guys think that we'll be getting any NBA games in the UK this year? Now that all the schedules are released and with the fact that the olympics were here already this year, I'm thinking it's probably less likely now :frown:

Also, when we start the new thread, how about making it the TSR Basketball/NBA society? Might attract some more people to chat, don't know what you guys think??

I was thinking that the other day and it doesnt look good tbh as for the next thread I dont really mind what its called or that sounds like a good idea though

I'm not really an 'expert' on basketball, but am I right in thinking Kevin Durant is massively underrated? I've watched him on various occasions and he has always stood out. Yet not many people seem to give him the credit he deserves.
Reply 3782
Original post by Manchester United
I'm not really an 'expert' on basketball, but am I right in thinking Kevin Durant is massively underrated? I've watched him on various occasions and he has always stood out. Yet not many people seem to give him the credit he deserves.

To put it simply no. He is a perennial all star, multiple all-NBA 1st team selection, came 2nd in MVP voting and when he got to the finals it was billed as the 2 best players going head to head (him and LeBron)
Reply 3783
New thread time, what do you all think?

Original post by Manchester United

Just to add to the above, the only reason he might seem underrated is because the rest of the world pretty much only know Lebron and Kobe (so it's always: ohhh look Kobe and Lebron are here). That's been the theme in the Olympics too. Durant is only 23, so not as widely known around the world, but in the US he is pretty much nailed down as the second best player in the league right now (behind Lebron). His ability to shoot combined with his length make him ridiculously good.
Original post by Xotol

Just to add to the above, the only reason he might seem underrated is because the rest of the world pretty much only know Lebron and Kobe (so it's always: ohhh look Kobe and Lebron are here). That's been the theme in the Olympics too. Durant is only 23, so not as widely known around the world, but in the US he is pretty much nailed down as the second best player in the league right now (behind Lebron). His ability to shoot combined with his length make him ridiculously good.

Oh okay then. I'm glad he is highly appreciated because he is a tremendous player. All of my friends only acknowledge Kobe and Lebron though :frown:
So what do we think? Are the new look Lakers a serious threat to OKC or the Heat?
Reply 3786
Original post by BigFudamental
So what do we think? Are the new look Lakers a serious threat to OKC or the Heat?

My first thought was that they would come out the West but now I worry about the age factor and thinking about match ups Westbrook will have a field day with Nash and Perk has always done well against Dwight so I dunno if I am ready to put them at 1 or 2 but they definitely round out my top 3 and I would say they are a serious threat yea

Original post by Xotol

Yeah why not
Reply 3787
When does the NBA season start?
Original post by Xotol

Sounds good to me

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3789
Original post by alexsong
Yeah why not