LA Clippers @ LA Lakers, 10:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 20
Washington @ Philadelphia, 7 p.m.

Wednesday, Dec. 21
Miami @ Orlando, 7 p.m.
LA Lakers @ LA Clippers, 10:30 p.m.
Reply 101
Original post by 419
will join later. can you create more than 10 teams as im sure more than 10 people will be interested.

Original post by S-man10
I shall join on friday when I have time ffs :sigh:

Could you guys join ASAP? The draft is tomorrow (or today) thursday 15 December 2011 5.30pm UK time. The deadline for entry is 4.30pm, 1 hour before the draft. :frown: Or should we just gather names first and remake a league?
Details:
League name: TSR NBA 2011/2012
Password: thestudentroom
Number of Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Format: ESPN Custom

DRAFT DAY THIS THURSDAY! 15/12/2011 5.30pm UK time.

link:http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueo...eagueId=137167
(edited 12 years ago)
I think we should wait and try to gather more people and see how many are interested, and then create a league. We still have 10 days left so I'd say a draft early next week would be reasonable. :smile:
Reply 103
Original post by brighteyes1994
May have to rethink a team pass as its rather expensive :/

On the fantasy league, do you specify when the draft is? If so, might be worth pushing it back til Friday?

Sorry I didn't reply to your previous posts. Yes I specify when the draft is but I can't change it, I guess it's in the rules so that league owners don't abuse it by setting it at outrageous times to gain unfair advantage. It seems we might have to remake the league.
Reply 104
This just in: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/12/14/paul-to-clippers/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

CP3 to the Clippers

LAC get: Chris Paul(G)
NOH get: Eric Gordon (G), Chris Kaman (C), Al- Faroqu Aminu (F) and an 2012 first round pick!
Holy Smokes! Can't tell if this is a good deal for the clippers though....if Paul decides not to resign after this year I don't see Blake hanging around for very long either and then they're really left with nothing.
LOL at the Lakers. They're going to be so mad about this.

I don't actually mind the Clippers, i'm thinking the team could be decent. Deandre Jordan is a beast of a center, Blake playing the 4..

BUT now they have Billups and CP3. Billups is going to be incredibly salty about this back up position. And with no Gordon they don't have a legit SG..

I can't actually decide whether this trade is worth it or not. If the 2012 draft pick turns out to be a good one then this deal is a disaster. :rofl:

Oh lawd.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 107
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
LOL at the Lakers. They're going to be so mad about this.

I don't actually mind the Clippers, i'm thinking the team could be decent. Deandre Jordan is a beast of a center, Blake playing the 4..

BUT now they have Billups and CP3. Billups is going to be incredibly salty about this back up position. And with no Gordon they don't have a legit SG..

I can't actually decide whether this trade is worth it or not. If the 2012 draft pick turns out to be a good one then this deal is a disaster. :rofl:

Oh lawd.

The 2012 draft is said to be good isn't it? Anyways, unless it's another Lebron, I'd say this was a win-win situation. Let's not forget Billups led the league in True Shooting Percentage last year with 0.639%(not sure bout the percentage).

With Blake and Deandre being a presence in a paint, this looks pretty good on paper IMO.
Reply 108
Right guys, since we don't have enough players in our league, it's more likely that we'll have to make a new one. Before that happens, I'd like to take a general survey of what type of league do we want. There's rotisserie which involves scoring fantasy points based on multiple statistics.
Points only which speaks for itself (kinda unfair if you ask me).

I'd prefer H2H (head to head) Most categories is win format.
I don't mind drafting either snake or auction style. (Be aware that although snake seems quite unfair, it usually irons out)
Do give this a read :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_basketball

Hopefully we can get started by Friday.

Please quote me so I can keep track of how many want to play.

Hopefully we'll be drafting on Friday night (the time can be pre-determined)!
Reply 109
Original post by BigFudamental
Holy Smokes! Can't tell if this is a good deal for the clippers though....if Paul decides not to resign after this year I don't see Blake hanging around for very long either and then they're really left with nothing.

Blake Griffin?
Original post by Qi Jia
Right guys, since we don't have enough players in our league, it's more likely that we'll have to make a new one. Before that happens, I'd like to take a general survey of what type of league do we want. There's rotisserie which involves scoring fantasy points based on multiple statistics.
Points only which speaks for itself (kinda unfair if you ask me).

I'd prefer H2H (head to head) Most categories is win format.
I don't mind drafting either snake or auction style. (Be aware that although snake seems quite unfair, it usually irons out)
Do give this a read :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_basketball

Hopefully we can get started by Friday.

Please quote me so I can keep track of how many want to play.

Hopefully we'll be drafting on Friday night (the time can be pre-determined)!

sounds better :smile: Im in again :smile:

Glad we finally know where Chris Paul is going :smile:
Reply 111
That is a very threatening lineup. Seems like the Clips have done better than the knicks who spent two years on all of that.
Original post by Stilo
Blake Griffin?

The very same.
Reply 113
Rotisserie: Rotisserie, or "Roto". In this scoring type teams are ranked from first to last in each statisticalal category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category, and totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.

Points-Based: Points-Based scoring allows you to assign a given point value to each individual statisticalal category (i.e. Assists=2, Rebounds=1, etc.) Standings are based on the accumulation of points covering all statisticalal categories and combined into one total points column. The team with the most overall points wins.

Head-to-Head: Points: H2H Points is very similar to how fantasy football is played. It allows you to assign a given point value to individual statistical categories (i.e. Assists=2, Rebounds=1, etc.) and each scoring period's winner is determined solely by which team accumulates the most fantsy points versus a single opponent. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

H2H Each Category is the most common type of head-to-head play in fantasy basketball. It allows you to select "X" number of statistical categories. For each scoring period, team totals are accumulated and a win, loss or tie is credited in each category based on the matchup results (i.e. 6-3-1 in a 10 category league). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

Head-to-Head: Most Categories: H2H Most Categories allows you to set "X" number of statistical categories. For each scoring period (usually Monday through Sunday) team totals are accumulated in each of the categories. At the end the scoring period the winner is determined by which team wins the most number of categories. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). These results correspond directly to each team's overall record. If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

these are the league formats. Any thoughts? I prefer H2H-Points.
Reply 114
Don't like the Paul trade for the Clippers really, props to Stern for milking them for all he could. Was thinking today about the Bulls getting Dwight Howard and how good it would be to watch but they werent on his shortlist for some reason and hes apparently 'off the market' at the moment
It's gon' be lob city
Original post by alexsong
Don't like the Paul trade for the Clippers really, props to Stern for milking them for all he could. Was thinking today about the Bulls getting Dwight Howard and how good it would be to watch but they werent on his shortlist for some reason and hes apparently 'off the market' at the moment

Why don't you like the trade? Kaman would have gone anyway, there is no way of knowing if the first round draft pick will be any good.. Essentially it was Eric Gordon and Aminu for CP3.. they needed something like this.
Reply 117
They got held to ransom by Stern and ended up paying more than they wanted to, I understand why they wanted Paul but really there is a point where they should have said no but they didn't. Gordon can be a top 10 players in the league and is on the up as one of the most natural and efficient scorers going whereas Paul has a busted knee and was on autopilot most of last year so who knows if he will break down in a couple of years, or even worse walk away from the Clippers as a free agent. If Gordon doesn't live up to his potential or Paul signs a max deal and stays as the best pointguard in the NBA then they did well but they paid over the odds and I think Gordon and Blake was a great pair to build around
!!!!!!

NBA.com offering FREE league pass from 25th December - 9th of January. No credit card or anything required, just need to make a free account. Sounds almost too good to be true.
Reply 119
Original post by BigFudamental
!!!!!!

NBA.com offering FREE league pass from 25th December - 9th of January. No credit card or anything required, just need to make a free account. Sounds almost too good to be true.

Where does it say that

EDIT:https://ilp.nba.com/nbalp/secure/registerform
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest