The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xotol
Amar'e no.

Amar'e feeds off the pick and roll with a decent PG. He's been **** so far but he will only make the Knicks better with Lin.

Melo, perhaps. Melo has done the exact opposite of what D'Antoni wants: he slows the game down, engages in a staring contest for 20 seconds, and hits the jumper. D'Antoni's system relies on quick play and a lot of PG control. Melo either has to change for the team, or he has to go. Knicks will not thrive otherwise.

If everything pulls together, then damn. That's a good team.

Fair point. Amare was playing really well when he was the undisputed go-to guy on that team. I know it's hard to say "no" if Carmelo Anthony says he wants to come and play for your team, but I don't think history will look fondly upon that trade.
Reply 1221
Man for a while I was in severe fear of the rest of the season. I was convinced the Knicks were going to finish with a losing record. Now we're 3 games shy of .500. Lin is doing well, and I'm super excited. Whenever he does match up against Rose I am certain that Rose will give or take have his way but I think Jeremy will manage to hold his own somewhat. The thing I like about Jeremy is the fact that he's a ridiculously smart player, but the level of athleticism and talent Rose has can't be taught. On top of which the rest of the bulls squad is solid.
Reply 1222
Original post by Xotol
Amar'e no.

Amar'e feeds off the pick and roll with a decent PG. He's been **** so far but he will only make the Knicks better with Lin.

Melo, perhaps. Melo has done the exact opposite of what D'Antoni wants: he slows the game down, engages in a staring contest for 20 seconds, and hits the jumper. D'Antoni's system relies on quick play and a lot of PG control. Melo either has to change for the team, or he has to go. Knicks will not thrive otherwise.

If everything pulls together, then damn. That's a good team.

Yeah Lin will do for Amare what Felton was doing for him prior to the trade, feed him the ball in ideal situations. Melo can work, make no mistake this team needs Melo, every team needs a closer, a guy who can put it all together in the closing minutes. With that being said I think Melo needs to adjust his game, he give or take has to be what Ray Allen is for the Celtics, a guy who can come off of screens and hit his shots.
Reply 1223
Original post by Stilo
Man for a while I was in severe fear of the rest of the season. I was convinced the Knicks were going to finish with a losing record. Now we're 3 games shy of .500. Lin is doing well, and I'm super excited. Whenever he does match up against Rose I am certain that Rose will give or take have his way but I think Jeremy will manage to hold his own somewhat. The thing I like about Jeremy is the fact that he's a ridiculously smart player, but the level of athleticism and talent Rose has can't be taught. On top of which the rest of the bulls squad is solid.

I don't think it's really that important what happens when he faces Rose.

If he wins the matchup, then damn. He's something special.

If he loses, so what? Every good PG seems to lose against Rose. For example, CP3 is 0-5 against Rose and CP3 is arguably the best PG in the league.

It'll be an interesting spectacle but not what I'll really be looking for. I'll be looking at how close Knicks can get to Bulls and if they can play as a contender team. They should with Melo, Amar'e and Chandler.
Reply 1224
Original post by Xotol
I think it's safe to say that every person in America thinks he's Chinese. :rofl:

Case in point http://twitter.com/#!/ryenarussillo/status/168134863084470273
Reply 1225

He IS Chinese. Chinese-American. Taiwan is a country (disputed but wtv), it's a country full of Taiwanese-Chinese, who are as Chinese as Chinese-Chinese and Chinese-American.
Reply 1226
Real talk ^

If Qia Ja says it then it is how it is
Original post by Qi Jia
He IS Chinese. Chinese-American. Taiwan is a country (disputed but wtv), it's a country full of Taiwanese-Chinese, who are as Chinese as Chinese-Chinese and Chinese-American.

Kinda right, kinda wrong.
Well that was tense.

NOVAKaine >>>>>>>>>
(edited 12 years ago)
Knicks stole that win
Mistake by Ricky in the clutch
Heard Rondo was showing out, woulda been good to se him matched up against Rose
Carlos Boozer.. something is definitely fishy with his hair..

Reply 1232
Can someone give me a summary of what happened in the Bulls vs Celtics game...?

I'm abroad and my internet is too painfully slow to load anything graphic (even NBA.com doesn't work). :frown:
Reply 1233

:rofl:
Summary: it was close the whole way through - every time the celts got ahead by any real amount, bulls pulled it back - last quarter, celts had a 14 point lead with 5 mins to go, and a few mistakes brought it back to being very close, within 2 I think. But in the end it really was Rondos day (triple double), and celts won after some forced free throws - but then, if Rose was matched against Rondo it would probs have been very different!

The last quarter was truly fun to watch though - 2 consecutive steals and alley-oops by Boston to give them that 14 point lead - a shame they messed it up shortly after as the win would have been triumphant! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jingers
I will neg you so hard if you carry on like this.

His home jersey sold out on nbastore after the televised game lol

:mad:

Who else is there to talk about? Right now it's Lin Gawd's time. Rose Royce will see that although he's high end, Jeremy Lin is the one who gives Tebow strength.

Oh really? What's wrong with stating the truth? Watch this if you don't believe me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXOOsZ9q9Rc
Reply 1236
Oh god Lin :sogood:, I just can't believe how fairy tale-esque this is!
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/02/15/lin-for-the-win-video/
Original post by Qi Jia
Oh god Lin :sogood:, I just can't believe how fairy tale-esque this is!
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/02/15/lin-for-the-win-video/

So true, can't lie it's exciting
UnLINited.
Linception.
The Fellowship of the Lin.

This guy took the lindow of opportunity and has out-Kobed Kobe, he's the point gawd of the decade. Rose's clutch moment was aight but this guy done made a movie scene!!!!

Bow down and kiss the ling. Pay homage to the Harblinger of Doom to any team that wants it with him.

Original post by hackashaq
Oh really? What's wrong with stating the truth? Watch this if you don't believe me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXOOsZ9q9Rc

I do know the history of my country...
It was a knock down 3 with bad defending.. People need to stop going on about Lin, it's getting boring. I don't even know what it is but i'm becoming disillusioned and slightly bored of the NBA this season.

Latest