The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boateng
It will be a catastrophe for the Heat if they don't win it this season. The competition is very weak this year but then again i expected them to destroy Dallas last year and they didn't.

I really can't see anyone beating them in the Play-Offs.

Wade, Lebron and Bosh is a trio that is just that good.

Dallas 4 3-peat.
Reply 1281
Knicks are going to win this

Hornets have bottled this big time
Reply 1282
If Hornets loses this.... :facepalm2:
Reply 1283
Original post by johnharris19944
Cole wont be guarding lin itl be chalmers and if Lin starts getting hot Lebron is going to be sent in and Lin. Haha so true what you said about westbrook turnover contest.

Cole was guarding Rose for a bit when they played earlier on in the season... and Rose took him to the slaughter house. Cole was too aggressive.

Original post by boateng
Can anybody beat the Heat this season?

Original post by boateng
It will be a catastrophe for the Heat if they don't win it this season. The competition is very weak this year but then again i expected them to destroy Dallas last year and they didn't.

I really can't see anyone beating them in the Play-Offs.

Wade, Lebron and Bosh is a trio that is just that good.

No, just no.

Teams that have a chance at beating the Heat:

Bulls, OKC, Mavs, SAS, Knicks if they get their act together, and any team that has Dwight Howard. Others like both LA teams, Boston etc may have a smaller chance but I don't really see them to beat Heat 4 out of 7.

Bulls have the best chance IMO. They ran the Heat close last game without Deng and backup PG Watson against the Heat full team. Lebron cannot be accounted for in the 4th so they'll give the ball to Wade, and Wade isn't really that effective againt the Bulls. Deng won't dominate Lebron, no. But he'll offer a better defensive option than Brewer and he'll organise the defense better. If (and I stress the if) Rose figures out how to play Lebron, I think Bulls will beat the Heat.

OKC have a good chance if they learn how to play some D and stop turning over so much. Durant is one of the few players that does not get completely dominated by Lebron.

Mavs because of Dirk and clutch.

Ultimately, Heat will have to win a ring sooner than later. Wade's body is deteriorating. Couple that with the rise of Rose and Durant & Westbrook, I expect Bulls and OKC to be the best teams in a few years when they reach their peak.
LINsanity returs to normaLINty after a loss and 9 (:eek: !!) turnovers...
Original post by Xotol
Cole was guarding Rose for a bit when they played earlier on in the season... and Rose took him to the slaughter house. Cole was too aggressive.

No, just no.

Bulls, OKC, Mavs, SAS, Knicks if they get their act together, and any team that has Dwight Howard. Others like both LA teams, Boston etc may have a smaller chance but I don't really see them to beat Heat 4 out of 7.

Bulls have the best chance IMO. They ran the Heat close last game without Deng and backup PG Watson against the Heat full team. Lebron cannot be accounted for in the 4th so they'll give the ball to Wade, and Wade isn't really that effective againt the Bulls. Deng won't dominate Lebron, no. But he'll offer a better defensive option than Brewer and he'll organise the defense better. If (and I stress the if) Rose figures out how to play Lebron, I think Bulls will beat the Heat.

OKC have a good chance if they learn how to play some D and stop turning over so much. Durant is one of the few players that does not get completely dominated by Lebron.

Ultimately, Heat will have to win a ring sooner than later. Wade's body is deteriorating. Couple that with the rise of Rose and Durant & Westbrook, I expect Bulls and OKC to be the best teams in a few years when they reach their peak.

Knicks dont stand a chance against the Heat and neither do the Mavs or San antonio, let wades body deteriate then you saw how Lebron did with out him right? I expect Heat to be just fine and they will slaughter most teams when they play hard.
The 76ers have a better shot at beating the Heat then the knicks.
Reply 1287
Original post by johnharris19944
Knicks dont stand a chance against the Heat and neither do the Mavs or San antonio, let wades body deteriate then you saw how Lebron did with out him right? I expect Heat to be just fine and they will slaughter most teams when they play hard.

I said Knicks do if they can get their act together - that involves running D'Antoni's system well with Amar'e and Melo. If they can do that, they're going to be a big team and will have a chance of beating anybody tbh. That frontcourt would be the best in the NBA.

Mavs do because they did it last year and because of Dirk and his playoff play. SAS have been incredible this season and are really underrated IMO. Their mix of old and youth will get them far.

You've just given opinion with no reasoning. Note: I am saying that these are teams that have a chance of beating the Heat, not that they will.

Are the Heat favourite to win it all? Probably. Is it theirs to lose? Definitely not. It's theirs to earn like every other team.

I'm not sure you read my post properly. The Heat will be a worse team than they currently are when Wade's body deteriorates - he's their second best player. Bulls and OKC are a young team with a growing core (Rose and Durant). They've yet to hit their prime and they're still contenders currently. That bodes well for them.

Bulls and OKC will only get better.

Also, I have never denied that Heat wouldn't slaughter most teams if they play hard. 'Most' does not mean everyone though and there are teams with a genuine chance of beating them in the playoffs.
Reply 1288
Original post by Xotol

No, just no.

NYK too much of a liability. Don't see them getting much come play-off time. Also not forgetting that forth quarter run Miami made against Chicago last season of 20 something points in the final three minutes to practically steal the game :colonhash:

Forgetting to mention about Lin's turnovers. Come miami it will all translate to alley-oops on the other end. Will be a disaster :rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1289
Original post by S-man10
NYK too much of a liability. Don't see them getting much come play-off time.

Maybe I should have elaborated. I agree with you, but if they can start running D'Antoni's system well with Amar'e and Melo, how good would they be? They'd have some major talent there.

D'Antoni's fast system is an issue in the slow play-off games, but they'd still be a force, no?

Also not forgetting that forth quarter run Miami made against Chicago last season of 20 something points in the final three minutes to practically steal the game :colonhash:

Well yeah. I think Miami would be favourites against Chicago if they played in the play-offs, but that doesn't mean it won't be close.

Rose has gotten better and they've added Rip.

I'm just getting annoyed at the 'ZOMG MIAMI ARE UNBEATABLE!' and 'IT'S THEIRS TO LOSE!'

A few teams have a real shot at beating Miami.
Reply 1290
Original post by Xotol
Maybe I should have elaborated. I agree with you, but if they can start running D'Antoni's system well with Amar'e and Melo, how good would they be? They'd have some major talent there. D'Antoni's fast system is an issue in the slow play-off games, but they'd still be a force, no? Well yeah. I think Miami would be favourites against Chicago if they played in the play-offs, but that doesn't mean it won't be close.Rose has gotten better and they've added Rip. I'm just getting annoyed at the 'ZOMG MIAMI ARE UNBEATABLE!' and 'IT'S THEIRS TO LOSE!' A few teams have a real shot at beating Miami.

I agree too and I thought earlier in the season that OKC were real contenders. As for the Knicks, check my addendum above. With the Heat running fast break all night from turnovers and add Lin the turnover machine to that mix... Well you get the idea...

As for the knicks, it would clearly depends who they face first in the play-off. Anything more than 4th seeding and I don't see them getting past the first round :no:
Reply 1291
Original post by S-man10
I agree too and I thought earlier in the season that OKC were real contenders. As for the Knicks, check my addendum above. With the Heat running fast break all night from turnovers and add Lin the turnover machine to that mix... Well you get the idea...

Ah, I didn't take that into account I guess. Yes, the Heat would kill the Knicks with a lot of turnover.

I still think Lin will dramatically cut down his turnover rate with more experience and more game time.

As for the knicks, it would clearly depends who they face first in the play-off. Anything more than 4th seeding and I don't see them getting past the first round :no:

Yeah, they'd struggle in the play-offs. Best out of 7 games will probably kill them against decent teams.
Reply 1292
Imagine the ball movement if melo amare and jr smiff are on the floor together smh I don't think smith will get too heavy minutes though Lin is the pg, shump can defend at the 2 and fields is a useful guard too maybe smith will play some 3 behind melo though
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1293
Original post by alexsong
Imagine the ball movement if melo amare and jr smiff are on the floor together smh I don't will get too heavy minutes though Lin is the pg shump can defend at the 2 and fields is a useful guard too maybe smith will play some 3 behind melo though

Not being a grammar nazi, but I didn't understand one bit of that ffs :colonhash:
Reply 1294
Original post by S-man10
Not being a grammar nazi, but I didn't understand one bit of that ffs :colonhash:

Yeah I just read it back and it is a hot mess it should be 'I don't think smith will get too heavy minutes'
Reply 1295
Countdown to the NBA all-star game anyone? :bigsmile:
Reply 1296
Original post by S-man10
Countdown to the NBA all-star game anyone? :bigsmile:

Tbh, it's just an unimportant contest on who can defend worse and throw alley-oops better.

The Rising Stars contest is actually pretty competitive and I'm looking forward to that. Slam Dunk will be won by Shumpert because of Lin, and the 3 pointers contest is gonna be ****.

Overall, I think it's going to be a **** All-star.

Also, SAS scraped past Clippers in OT and NJN destroyed a Rose-less Bulls. :frown:
Reply 1297
I was just thinking with the whole Linsanity debacle......where can I watch D league games- is it part of the game pass???
Reply 1298
Original post by Xotol

Also, SAS scraped past Clippers in OT and NJN destroyed a Rose-less Bulls. :frown:

:eek:

did not see this coming
Reply 1299
Original post by 419
:eek:

did not see this coming

Well, I tuned into the game a bit late and it was like 19-2 or something to NJ. I expected the worst then. :frown:

Bulls were never really in the game. Team high was a pathetic 16 by Boozer. D-Will had a monster night with 29-8.

Oh, and Tony Parker with a 30-10 double double. He's had a fantastic season.

Latest