The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by strategist
hi, i think this is a little off topic but since this is the TSR it's probably the best place to ask this. I'm going to the UK for my studies and seeing that basketball is quite unpopular in the UK, will there be anyone who's actually watching/following the NBA? i don't want to be the only one who will be watching basketball with no one to discuss to or play with. :frown:

From my experience, there's not many people who watch the NBA. I only know one other person in my school who follows it and he doesn't know anywhere near enough to have an interesting convo about it.

Quite a few play basketball though, so you could have success there?

I just talk to people in TSR and other forums I use about it. I follow Football, Tennis and the NBA. First two I talk to my mates (football the major one); NBA I discuss here.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1441
hi, i think this is a little off topic but since this is the TSR it's probably the best place to ask this. I'm going to the UK for my studies and seeing that basketball is quite unpopular in the UK, will there be anyone who's actually watching/following the NBA? i don't want to be the only one who will be watching basketball with no one to discuss to or play with. :frown:

Hmm.. Chinese people generally love basketball and watch the NBA religiously.
Reply 1442

Which uni you might go to?
Reply 1443
Original post by Qi Jia
Hmm.. Chinese people generally love basketball and watch the NBA religiously.

Really?

I know quite a few Chinese people and none watch the NBA lol.

Maybe I don't know enough or experience is just bad. :s-smilie:
Reply 1444
Original post by Xotol
Really?I know quite a few Chinese people and none watch the NBA lol. Maybe I don't know enough or experience is just bad. :s-smilie:

It really depends on place to place for chinese folk. But yeh, many many do infact.
Lol @ chuck getting a pedicure throughout the whole of last night's ITN.
Reply 1446
I just watched the all-time draft by TNT from last year (lol at Chuck picking AI).

I know it was suggested before by someone that we could do something like that here. What do you guy think of that?
Reply 1447
Original post by Xotol
I just watched the all-time draft by TNT from last year (lol at Chuck picking AI).

I know it was suggested before by someone that we could do something like that here. What do you guy think of that?

Got link for this video???
Reply 1448
It's pretty long but it's so damn funny. Watch for epic Barkley fail in first 5 minutes.

Reply 1449
Nah...

I call dibs on Jordan and Olajuwan :smug:

Stockton, Jordan, Magic/Bird, Hakeem, Shaq

Come at me bitches :colonhash:
Reply 1450
Hakeem with Shaq........ :awesome: no teams got a chance
Reply 1451
Original post by S-man10
Nah...

I call dibs on Jordan and Olajuwan :smug:

Stockton, Jordan, Magic/Bird, Hakeem, Shaq

Come at me bitches :colonhash:

Give me Oscar Robertson over Stockton and Wilt over Shaq and you've got my team.
Reply 1452
My team...

Magic, Jordan, Bird, Hakeem, Kareem.

Kareem dominates with his unstoppable skyhook, no one scores on Jordan and Hakeem. Magic, best PG of all time.

Domination.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1453
Charles: "Big guys, you can never have enough of them... I need a point guard!"

:rofl3:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=860222 ffs :colonhash:

Arsenal fans it seems have started comparing RVP to LBJ :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1454
Where was Melo in that draft !?

Reply 1455
was he not in the wildcards?
Reply 1456
Only watched the first 10 or so picks might have missed that I was joking about him being the best 3 ever though
Reply 1457
Can't sleep so SAC vs MIA it is
Reply 1458
Listening to the jalen rose podcast off grantland.com (really good listen) and they touch on the topic of lying about height that came up on here a few months back and he said its because it gets exagerated in high school and then they just keep adding inches as you get older or something to that effect
Reply 1459
Now for NYK :teeth:

Latest