The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by Mufasaa
Miami would have o give up Wade or LeBron for Dwight. No way Orlando accepts anything else from them.

Dwight will be a free agent though. So Orlando have no choice. Apparantly he wants to go to Heat or Clippers.
Original post by Mufasaa
Miami would have o give up Wade or LeBron for Dwight. No way Orlando accepts anything else from them.

I think they'd also accept something like Bosh+role player+draft picks. You can rebuild around Bosh, sort of.

Still, if I had to bet I'd say the Magic hold onto him.
(edited 12 years ago)
lol D12 didn't want to go to Chicago cos he wanted to be 'the man' but he would be willing to go to the heat and be their 2nd/3rd best player ?
Reply 1883
can someone please link me to these trade rumours saying Howard moving to Miami because I just don't see that happening at all.
Original post by BigFudamental
I think they'd also accept something like Bosh+role player+draft picks. You can rebuild around Bosh, sort of.

I really don't think the Magic want Bosh and a role player. Essentially that is the Raptors whilst Bosh were there, and even then he is older and therefore further on the decline.

Dwight isn't handling this too well, IMO.
Reply 1885
Original post by boateng
Dwight will be a free agent though. So Orlando have no choice. Apparantly he wants to go to Heat or Clippers.

I don't think either have any cap room?

Original post by BigFudamental

I'm not so sure, what tradeable role players do Miami have? Battier and Chalmers have some value but I'm not sure those two plus Bosh and some draft picks (they'll be low picks) would add up to near enough one Dwight Howard. Remember as well, Toronto tried to build around Bosh but they were never that good.
Reply 1886
Original post by boateng

No. He has stressed a desire to go to either Dallas or New Jersey as his top two destinations, with the Lakers as his third. AFAIK there have been no rumours circling about dwight joining the heat.

The reason he's stated that he doesn't want to join the Bulls is apparently it's too cold in Chicago. Obviously it's not cold in NJ though :rolleyes:
Original post by cha4zz
No. He has stressed a desire to go to either Dallas or New Jersey as his top two destinations, with the Lakers as his third. AFAIK there have been no rumours circling about dwight joining the heat.

The reason he's stated that he doesn't want to join the Bulls is apparently it's too cold in Chicago. Obviously it's not cold in NJ though :rolleyes:

You do realise the Nets are moving to New York? Whilst the weather will be the same, as it's barely any distance.. it's quite something to live there.

I can totally understand why someone would rather live in New York than Chicago.
Reply 1888
Yeah I know they're becoming the Brooklyn Nets after this season. All I was stating is that if climate was truly the issue for going to Chicago, he wouldn't be considering NJ/Brooklyn either.
I hate this whole idea that it's up to the rest of the team to make sure a star wins a championship. Instead of moping and whining Dwight should be in the gym working on his offense.
dont know if everyone has espn or league pass but if you want to watch nba on youtube this guy uploads full games, he covered all of the all star weekend events in full and hd.. lately he only posts the first quarter and then gives you a download link for the rest of the game but his channel still has the best nba content i've found search youtube for "kumho4life"

"theNBAaction" is another good channel this channel uploads the full 4th quarter of games in 720p

enjoy
Reply 1891
Orlando want to trade with Chicago the most. Makes sense - Chicago can give the most in return.

If Howard says he's open to Chicago, the deal will be done. Rose, the best PG, with Howard, the best C. Best PG - C combination since Magic and Kareem? Maybe.

Damn, how much Iwant this to happen. If Howard is serious about winning championships, he'll sign.

Btw, the Heat deal is not happening. Heat would have to give up either Lebron or Wade, which isn't happening. Bosh + some nobodies isn't going to satisfy Orlando.
Reply 1892
I've been wondering this all week, if you were offered Dwight for Blake straight up, and were guaranteed Dwight signed an extension, would you pull the trigger?
Original post by cha4zz
I've been wondering this all week, if you were offered Dwight for Blake straight up, and were guaranteed Dwight signed an extension, would you pull the trigger?

Without any hesitation.
Reply 1894
overtime in orlando
Supposedly Magic are trying to entice Howard to resign by letting him decide whether Van Gundy and Otis Smith should be fired or not at the end of the season....this getting ridiculous. What kind of weird player-coach relationship is that if the player has the coach's job in his hands.
Reply 1896
this drama has got to be over with soon :sigh:
He's going to the Nets.
Reply 1898
Lebron - No clutch gene

Dwight Howard may have played his last game for Magic.
Don't know why Miami were going for threes. Should've have went for a quick two and then fouled.

Latest