Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 11/12 NBA season thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So we shall see whose fault it really is regarding the Knicks.

Was D'ntoni that bad or is Carmelo Anthony a black spot to NBA teams.
    • 25 followers

Anthony a black spot to the D'ntoni system more like it

It would have been scary having Lin running pick and rolls with Amare with Anthony and JR smith for the open shot as was mentioned a few posts ago. But sadly...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stilo)
    D'Antoni's a good coach, he just didn't have the personnel in NY to be successful. At any rate, let's hope that Mike Woodson and his defense first attitude turn my Knickerbockers around.
    Your owner is awful

He sent the Knicks down when he traded nearly his whole team to get Carmelo Anthony. Who in their right mind would do that especially for a player who isn't a legitimate top 5 player (even though he is clutch, i give him that)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Anthony a black spot to the D'ntoni system more like it
    Well i have never been a huge fan of Melo, think he is really overrated but it is known that Dntoni doesnt play defense which was one of the problems

However when Melo was out of the team, the Knicks looked good and suddenly when he is back, they start losing.

Apparently Dntoni wanted to trade Melo for D-Will. I could see Deron Williams doing really well with the Knicks actually.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most boring trade deadline ever...
    • 25 followers

:ditto:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to really like the Knicks before the Melo trade. :emo: Players like Gallinari, Felton and Chandler were good roleplayers.

That buzzer beater that Gallinari made yesterday was insane.. :coma:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Knicks look 100 times better already

Maybe Dntoni was pretty useless and too one dimensional.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    The Knicks look 100 times better already

Maybe Dntoni was pretty useless and too one dimensional.
    Have you watched the Trailblazers lately? They've frankly been horrible in some games, getting blown out by teams like the Celtics.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Novak is disgusting.

Smith is also disgusting.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spolstra or what ever is dumb ass

Always moaning at refs
    • 25 followers

This is frustrating :facepalm2:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got beaten by a Bulls team without Rose! Uh oh...!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Magic are aggresively looking to move Dwight now according to twitter, why did they wait so long ?? once he moves a few more pieces may follow
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fair play for Dwight staying if true.

I hate this 'superteam' direction thing that the NBA is going in. I think Howard wanted to stay all along but he was being advised to move to the big city in the Brooklyn Nets.
    I also think Howard saw what happened to Lebron when he left the Cavs for the Heat and doesnt want to be hated and abused in the way that Lebron still is. He comes across as a guy who wants to be liked and almost have a hero like status, so with him staying a lot of people will have new respect for him even if this whole episode has been a mess.

That said, if Orlando has a bad play off run, i bet Dwight will be crying again that he wants out next season.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL, John freaking Lucas, our 3rd string PG, just took the almighty Heat down. That jump shot over Lebron was awesome. Lmao.

That was probably the most hilarious game I've seen in a while. Playing without our best player, second best shooter, as well as our second best player being partly injured and having a poor game. No double double from Noah and Boozer was awful.

And STILL, we beat Heat with Lebron and Wade combining for 71 points.

Oh, but wait, the Heat played without Miller. His 5ppg would have propelled them to a 1 point lead. LOL.

Na, I'm happy with this win, but I want to see it in the post season. It'll all be to play for then.
    • 25 followers

Come at us bro
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    Fair play for Dwight staying if true.

I hate this 'superteam' direction thing that the NBA is going in. I think Howard wanted to stay all along but he was being advised to move to the big city in the Brooklyn Nets.
    I also think Howard saw what happened to Lebron when he left the Cavs for the Heat and doesnt want to be hated and abused in the way that Lebron still is. He comes across as a guy who wants to be liked and almost have a hero like status, so with him staying a lot of people will have new respect for him even if this whole episode has been a mess.

That said, if Orlando has a bad play off run, i bet Dwight will be crying again that he wants out next season.
    He's leaving next season.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And the Nets still suck so I'm happy. D-Will is walking this summer.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    LOL, John freaking Lucas, our 3rd string PG, just took the almighty Heat down. That jump shot over Lebron was awesome. Lmao.

That was probably the most hilarious game I've seen in a while. Playing without our best player, second best shooter, as well as our second best player being partly injured and having a poor game. No double double from Noah and Boozer was awful.

And STILL, we beat Heat with Lebron and Wade combining for 71 points.

Oh, but wait, the Heat played without Miller. His 5ppg would have propelled them to a 1 point lead. LOL.

Na, I'm happy with this win, but I want to see it in the post season. It'll all be to play for then.
    Good win for Chicago but if anyone else had stepped up that would have been a heat win. Bosh was poor as was chalmers. Joel anthony i have nothing to say about that guy haha. The bench didnt get it going either not a good enough game from the Heat. Wade and James can score 71 every game but if no one else steps up like what happened tonight the Heat wont get very far.
Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.