The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Football Association of Wales announce manager Gary Speed has died at age of 42

SSN, Times and hold load of other sources saying Gary Speed has passed away.

Absolutely shocking news. R.I.P

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wales-Gary-Speed-dead-confirm-Wales-FA-article835471.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15909277

Original post by IanDangerously
"Not everyone we get to meet is quite what they seem, Speedo was exactly the guy he appeared to be. Just the saddest loss. And i guess that is the source of the shock for those privileged to count him a friend. He just seemed so well-balanced and sorted. Lost." - Clive Tyldesley, ITV

"Gary Speed was a gentleman, his career could've only gone strength to strength, his outlook was modern, brave.He will be greatly missed. RIP" - Guillem Balague, Sky Sports

"I am totally devastated, Gary Speed was one of the nicest men in football and someone I am honoured to call a team-mate and friend. Words cannot begin to describe how sad I feel at hearing this awful news. It goes without saying my thoughts are with his family at this tremendously sad time." - Ryan Giggs, Manchester United and Wales

"It’s absolutely devastating, Our careers crossed paths often and I played against him many times. He was a fantastic professional, a winner with a great reputation. We sometimes think of football being important, but it’s not." - Gary Neville, Sky Sports
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
RIP
A great man, RIP Gary Speed.

I hope to God this is a hoax...

Edit: It's not. ****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh..:frown:
News filtered through on BBC RADIO 5 LIVE. Shocking news.

Was watching him on Match of the Day yesterday and as always, looked very fit and healthy.

Just wonder what the cause was.

R.I.P. How tragic.
Reply 8
R.I.P.
Reply 9
Original post by white_haired_wizard
News filtered through on BBC RADIO 5 LIVE. Shocking news.

Was watching him on Match of the Day yesterday and as always, looked very fit and healthy.

Just wonder what the cause was.

R.I.P. How tragic.

Took his own life apparently :frown:
Reply 10
Wow.

Terrible news.

RIP Gary Speed.
Yeah they are saying the police reports are that he committed suicide.
Reply 12
Shocking news.

Really young too.

Such a shame.

RIP Gary Speed.
RIP. Awful news. :frown:
Original post by Budgie
This news is breaking right now. :frown: RIP.

very sad indeed.
Reply 15
Incredibly shocking news! Incredibly sad as well. Thoughts are with his family.
Reply 16
Utterly gutted.
RIP.
Reply 18
He was on MOTD last night and then committed suicide? Or was it today when he took his life?
Reply 19
RIP.

Latest