The Student Room Group

Glasgow 2012 dental applicants.

Hiiiiiiii Everyone :biggrin:
Again no one made this thread...so i thought i should make one :cool:

Has anyone heard from glasgow.. as i thought they would be giving replies by november ?

Anyways... on this thread we can discuss anything related with dentistry & glasgow:tongue:

Wish you all the best for your application :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aqua05
Hiiiiiiii Everyone :biggrin:
Again no one made this thread...so i thought i should make one :cool:

Has anyone heard from glasgow.. as i thought they would be giving replies by november ?

Anyways... on this thread we can discuss anything related with dentistry & glasgow:tongue:

Wish you all the best for your application :biggrin:

Glasgow admissions told me all decision will be made by this week ... THEY HAVE DECIDED ON A UKCAT ! However, wont disclose the cut-off score :colone:

yep , best of luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by SRK.
Glasgow admissions told me all decision will be made by this week ... THEY HAVE DECIDED ON A UKCAT ! However, wont disclose the cut-off score :colone:

yep , best of luck to everyone :smile:

OMG Nooooo :frown:
Theyy cant do that... i have got very low UKCAT :frown: Damnn... they should look at the overall picture of the applicant by reading their personal statement... & all & not just the UKCAT !!! Damnn...!!:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by aqua05
Theyy cant do that... i have got very low UKCAT :frown: Damnn... they should look at the overall picture of the applicant by reading their personal statement... & all & not just the UKCAT !!! Damnn...!!:frown:

wait, so you never knew they will decide on who to give interviews based upon their Ukcat ? They've ony started from this year onwards though, hence it should be low. And yes, deciding based on the overall application is fairer. Dont worry , I'm sure it'll be ok !:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SRK.
wait, so you never knew they will decide on who to give interviews based upon their Ukcat ? They've ony started from this year onwards though, hence it should be low. And yes, deciding based on the overall application is fairer. Dont worry , I'm sure it'll be ok !:smile:

Nope i didnt know that they will be giving out interviews based on the UKCAT...as during the uni fair in my country... they said they'll be looking at the overall picture of the individual instead of only looking at the UKCAT...Damnn....
Reply 5
Original post by aqua05
Nope i didnt know that they will be giving out interviews based on the UKCAT...as during the uni fair in my country... they said they'll be looking at the overall picture of the individual instead of only looking at the UKCAT...Damnn....

then it most likely is different for internationals ! I'm sure if they told you this, they'll stick to it . :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by SRK.
then it most likely is different for internationals ! I'm sure if they told you this, they'll stick to it . :smile:

I hopeee sooooo ! **fingers crossed**
I hope both of us get an interview :smile:
What are your stats ?
Reply 7
Original post by aqua05

One of my friends from last year got rejected due to their ukcat, but he emailed them straight away explaining all the work experience etc. that he had done (he had looooads) and they gave him an interview. It was probably a one off, but if you can show how passionate you are, maybe drop them an email? It's worth a punt! Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by aqua05
I hopeee sooooo ! **fingers crossed**
I hope both of us get an interview :smile:
What are your stats ?

Thanks, I'm sure you will. Stats : 5 A's (Scottish highers) , 645 (Ukcat) . do you know how many applications Glasgow received this year ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by KCosmo
One of my friends from last year got rejected due to their ukcat, but he emailed them straight away explaining all the work experience etc. that he had done (he had looooads) and they gave him an interview. It was probably a one off, but if you can show how passionate you are, maybe drop them an email? It's worth a punt! Good luck!

I actually feel better...
Hopefully i get an interview..
Reply 10
Original post by SRK.
Thanks, I'm sure you will. Stats : 5 A's (Scottish highers) , 645 (Ukcat) . do you know how many applications Glasgow received this year ?

You mean applications right ?
I heard this year they have got around 500 applications
Reply 11
Original post by SRK.

When you called the admissions office.. did they tell you why they there has been a delay ?
Reply 12
Original post by aqua05
You mean applications right ?
I heard this year they have got around 500 applications

haha yeh, ( spelling check problems from PC ! ) we'll see how that translates into interviews.
Reply 13
Original post by aqua05
When you called the admissions office.. did they tell you why they there has been a delay ?

nope, they only mentioned that the interviews will be given out by the end of this week.
Reply 14
Original post by SRK.
nope, they only mentioned that the interviews will be given out by the end of this week.

The wait is killing me!!
Reply 15
Original post by aqua05
The wait is killing me!!

yeh I seem to be refreshing my mail every 10 seconds hoping to see "Glasgow University ". Dreading the e-mail from Track.
Reply 16
Original post by SRK.
yeh I seem to be refreshing my mail every 10 seconds hoping to see "Glasgow University ". Dreading the e-mail from Track.

Same here..
i bet they have even chosen the people to interview :/
Reply 17
I thought they'd let us know by the end of today!
Reply 18
When is the latest they E-mail you for interviews ? 5 :00pm is my guess .
Reply 19
Original post by SRK.
When is the latest they E-mail you for interviews ? 5 :00pm is my guess .

Well for a friend of mine who applied to cambridge his email came through at 8pm so it can be later than 5, but then again it is a different course and different uni. Also wanted to ask that if you got rejected will you get a email saying you have been rejected cause i would rather have that then wait.

The wait is killing me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest