The Student Room Group

Glasgow 2012 dental applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Moose Biscuit
I have an interview on 18th feb as well! :biggrin:
But no mention of this Admissions Portfolio that I kept hearing about for this Uni.
Did anybody get any info on something like this when they got their interview offer?

There's no mention of it on their official website, but if you google glasgow admissions you find it. Maybe it is an old way of doing things, and now they use another way??

Slightly worried that I'm missing out on something...

Congrats for the interview ! is yours on the 18th /19th ? May I ask what your Ukcat is ?
Reply 61
Original post by Michael_10
Anyone know how to accept the invitation? My "reply to offers" button is greyed out :s-smilie:

you should be able to click on it as normal, have you found out when it's for (18th/19th feb?)
Reply 62
Original post by SRK.
After giving you info. about how getting a e-mail from Track mean you are unsuccessful, I would have never thought- after track got updated- that there would be an invitation lying there for me. Congrats for your interview - when is it ?

Haha. Well done mate. Mine is on 18th. Can i ask you if you made a backup choice as your fifth choice and what it was? There ar way too many life science degrees. What is best cause i haven't put that down yet. I was thinking along the lines of anatomy or biochem. I was also thinking about pharmacology but my teacher said that is quite tough.

Also what are MMI'S like? I have absolutely no clue and do we need to bring in stuff to show off manual dexterity?

cheers
Reply 63
Original post by seeby85
Haha. Well done mate. Mine is on 18th. Can i ask you if you made a backup choice as your fifth choice and what it was? There ar way too many life science degrees. What is best cause i haven't put that down yet. I was thinking along the lines of anatomy or biochem. I was also thinking about pharmacology but my teacher said that is quite tough.

Also what are MMI'S like? I have absolutely no clue and do we need to bring in stuff to show off manual dexterity?

cheers

I've put down chemical engineering as a back up cause I enjoy physics & chemistry as well as biology and chemistry( thought of biomedical engineering however didn't like the combination of physics and biology). What about pharmacy ? It's a degree which has good prospects upon graduation.

MMI's - multi mini interviews (that's as much as I know) just expect role plays, tasks etc.!?

About bringing stuff for manual dexterity , I don't know about this as we are going to be going through many stations and it becomes odd when you go to a station which has nothing to do with manual dexterity. Also it may be inconvenient carrying it !

If we do bring in something, is it just the one or should we bring in or a few ?
Having done pharmacy I will thoroughly recommend it.

Original post by seeby85

cheers
Reply 65
I've got an interview at Glasgow, Saturday 18th Feb at 9.50am - anyone else's at the same time?

Does anyone know what the stations will be like?
Original post by srk.
congrats for the interview ! Is yours on the 18th /19th ? May i ask what your ukcat is ?

ukcat 760
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by katec13
I've got an interview at Glasgow, Saturday 18th Feb at 9.50am - anyone else's at the same time?

i've got the same time as you :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by ally1

Hey, congrats for your interview ! Can I ask what your Ukcat is ? Also, do you think there will be more than 1 applicants at any one time for the interviews. My guess is that there will be since there are only two interview dates :tongue:
Reply 69
Original post by SRK.
Hey, congrats for your interview ! Can I ask what your Ukcat is ? Also, do you think there will be more than 1 applicants at any one time for the interviews. My guess is that there will be since there are only two interview dates :tongue:

i got 655 so i was surprised i got an interview! and yeah i think so, considering i've got the same time and day as someone else..
Reply 70
Original post by katec13

Original post by ally1

Me too! Saturday 18th 9.50am. UKCAT 685.
I'm getting the plane up as I live in the south.

Have you guys had any other interviews yet? I had one at King's yesterday.
Good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 71
Original post by Fire Point
Having done pharmacy I will thoroughly recommend it.

Ok cheers mate. I will have a think about it but i'm solely wanting to do a life science course just for access to postgrad dentistry so is this quite a tough course? I quite like the sound of it though and seems very interesting.
Reply 72
Original post by Floramb

ah well done :smile: how was your interview at king's? i've got one on the 30th of jan :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by ally1
ah well done :smile: how was your interview at king's? i've got one on the 30th of jan :smile:

thanks! well done to you! :biggrin: it was ok. don't worry about king's though, they're really nice :wink:
Reply 74
Original post by Floramb

Is Glasgow your first choice?
I've had an interview and an offer from Newcastle.
Reply 75
Original post by katec13
Is Glasgow your first choice?
I've had an interview and an offer from Newcastle.

I don't know why someone would -ve rate you... They are just jealous! Congrats!! When was that interview and how long was it until your reply?
:biggrin: I don't really have a favourite... just doing dentistry would be enough! lol
is glasgow your first choice then? so where else have you appiled? :biggrin:
Reply 76
Any international applicant who has received an interview ?
Reply 77
Original post by Floramb
I don't know why someone would -ve rate you... They are just jealous! Congrats!! When was that interview and how long was it until your reply?
:biggrin: I don't really have a favourite... just doing dentistry would be enough! lol
is glasgow your first choice then? so where else have you appiled? :biggrin:

haha, i don't mind i don't see the point in the pos and neg feedback :smile:
My interview was the 24th of November and they emailed me on the 28th about my place.

Newcastle is my first choice so i was so pleased when i got in. I live close by though so that's why it's my top choice :smile:

I've also applied to Leeds and Cardiff for dentistry and Sunderland for pharmacy....but i don't want to do pharmacy lol.

How about you? Do you have a back up?
Reply 78
Original post by katec13
haha, i don't mind i don't see the point in the pos and neg feedback :smile:
My interview was the 24th of November and they emailed me on the 28th about my place.

Newcastle is my first choice so i was so pleased when i got in. I live close by though so that's why it's my top choice :smile:

I've also applied to Leeds and Cardiff for dentistry and Sunderland for pharmacy....but i don't want to do pharmacy lol.

How about you? Do you have a back up?

Oh cool! That's great you got your first choice!
Kings Glasgow Sheffield and Barts. I don't live anywhere near any of them! Haha

I don't have a back up :/
I was thinking bioengineering at sheffield, but I never chose it.

If it all goes wrong and I don't get a place, I'll reapply next year (if I have the grades...)
If I don't get AAA I'll have to have a bit of a rethink. Lol :biggrin:
Anybody else going to the 12:50pm interview on 18th feb?
I hate that it's not first thing in the morning... too much time to sit around getting nervous!!
:crazy:

Quick Reply

Latest