The Student Room Group

Glasgow 2012 dental applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My interview is 12:50pm on the 18th as well, the closer it's getting the more nervous I am!
Reply 81
mine is on the 18th at 12:50 too :smile: how is everyone preparing i'm not sure if there will be much we can do to revise considering all the role plays, etc
Original post by seeby85
Ok cheers mate. I will have a think about it but i'm solely wanting to do a life science course just for access to postgrad dentistry so is this quite a tough course? I quite like the sound of it though and seems very interesting.

There are easier courses you could do before going for postgrad dentistry! It is a Masters degree in 4 years. It is tough if you want a distinction but it's good fun too.
Reply 83
Hey! Here's a question for the Scottish applicants. Do you know what Glasgow are likely to offer people after the interview? If we are lucky enough to get an offer will it be a conditional on advanced highers??
Reply 84
Anyone have an interview tomorrow?
Reply 85
How did people's interview go today ? ?

Would you say it is simillar to that of dundee ?!
Reply 86
I'd say it was quite similar because of the role play scenarios and such, what did you think?
Reply 87
Original post by ipr
I'd say it was quite similar because of the role play scenarios and such, what did you think?

yep, some questions were difficult ( Don't want to go into detail just incase !) .

Do you know when we will hear from them ? They say in March, however when in March ?
Also, any idea of how many interviews have been given out ?
Reply 88
Lol! I think I know which questions you are talking about! They said March but they also said because this is the first time their using the system it could be earlier than March or late March as they don't know how long they will take. I think it was roughly 200 interviews, not sure though

This wait is going to feel like an eternity!
Reply 89
Would be great if it was earlier than March, that would mean we would hear in the next week! Something tells me though that might not be the case!!
Reply 90
Original post by Michael_10
Would be great if it was earlier than March, that would mean we would hear in the next week! Something tells me though that might not be the case!!

That will be awesome ! However, like you, I am also thinking it will be some time in March .

Any idea how they rank applicants after the interview stage, is the UKcat & Academics, aswell as our interview performace taken into consideration ?
Reply 91
Original post by SRK.
That will be awesome ! However, like you, I am also thinking it will be some time in March .

Any idea how they rank applicants after the interview stage, is the UKcat & Academics, aswell as our interview performace taken into consideration ?

No idea, sorry. When we got the little presentation and the person said 'any questions' I would have liked to ask all these, but don't want them to think we are nagging haha!

Have you heard from anywhere else? Still waiting on Dundee too! Argh :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
No idea, sorry. When we got the little presentation and the person said 'any questions' I would have liked to ask all these, but don't want them to think we are nagging haha!

Have you heard from anywhere else? Still waiting on Dundee too! Argh :s-smilie:

haha so true ! When they asked us, we just kept quiet even though we probrably had so many.

Yep still waiting from Dundee, I think they give out offers in the first week of March ?

Where else have you applied to and have you had any other interviews ?
Reply 93
Original post by SRK.
haha so true ! When they asked us, we just kept quiet even though we probrably had so many.

Yep still waiting from Dundee, I think they give out offers in the first week of March ?

Where else have you applied to and have you had any other interviews ?

I hope they do! When I had my interview back in January they said late feb, but I think they wer just a bit optimistic at the time!

I've had interviews at Newcastle and Queen Mary, but I'd like to stay in scotland if at all possible!!
Reply 94
Has anyone heard anything back from Glasgow? Time seems to be going very slowly at the moment! :redface:
Reply 95
Original post by Dental12
Has anyone heard anything back from Glasgow? Time seems to be going very slowly at the moment! :redface:

I got my friend to ring them the other day. Apparently they're not giving out offers until mid-late march :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by Floramb
I got my friend to ring them the other day. Apparently they're not giving out offers until mid-late march :frown:

Thanks :smile: thats put my mind at rest- for now!! :s-smilie:
Reply 97
Original post by Fire Point
There are easier courses you could do before going for postgrad dentistry! It is a Masters degree in 4 years. It is tough if you want a distinction but it's good fun too.

Thank you for the info. I have already applied for anatomy and got the unconditional. I think anatomy won't be as tough and i will enjoy it. Now just waiting on the dental school replies.
Reply 98
Hey! Here's a question for the Scottish applicants. Do you know what Glasgow are likely to offer people after the interview? If we are lucky enough to get an offer will it be a conditional on advanced highers??

I emailed them back in September about advanced higher because i wanted to take 4. i thought it would give me an advantage but they said it wont so i just dropped one.
As for offers, they said that 'if an offer is made, it is most likely that there will be conditions so it is best to lighten your workload'.

So yes, there will be conditions; however, for scottish medicine applicants, they receive either a rejection or an unconditional.
Reply 99
Dundee offers are going out, hope we hear from Glasgow soon!!!

Quick Reply

Latest