The Student Room Group

Jackson doctor gets 4 years in jail

Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, on Tuesday was sentenced to four years in jail without probation for involuntary manslaughter in the pop star's death.
Reply 1
Thanks for letting us know. Disappointing lack of coverage in the media.
Seems the witchunt has been complete.
Reply 3
Original post by Guru Jason

Seems the witchunt has been complete.

I agree.
I haven't seen any of the trail, is it conclusive? I know he's been sentenced and everything, it's just when it first broke that he was being held I though it was because they were looking for people to blame. Like wanting it to be murder. But if he's defo done it then fair enough, like the guy above me said - there's been a disappointing lack of coverage.
Its not a witch hunt.

He was a doctor using a dangerous drug ina dangerous way. More dangerous than supplying and shooting him up with heroin.

The fact Michael paid him to supply and monitor him makes it worse, not better.

They guy is a disgrace to the profession and deserves jail time.
Original post by Jamie
Its not a witch hunt.

He was a doctor using a dangerous drug ina dangerous way. More dangerous than supplying and shooting him up with heroin.

This is where I disagree. He was his doctor...trying to save his life. He would have hardly tried to kill him voluntarily or involuntarily as he must have knew this would happen. I feel there was massive pressure from the media, fans of Jackson etc to find a scapegoat. Murray was this.
Reply 7
Original post by Jamie

Original post by Jamie
Its not a witch hunt.

Yes he deserves the jail.
As Jacko once said, "don't stop 'til you get enough".

Glad to see he kept that up until the end.
This is where I disagree. He was his doctor...trying to save his life.

No, he wasn't.
He had cannulated jacko (put a needle intoa vein) in order to give him propofol.
Thats part of a general anaesthetic. It is not like going to sleep, its much deeper than that. Too much and you stop breathing and you heart stops.

This is what happened.

THe doc then tried to start CPR. He failed.

The drug he had given and way he had given it was illegal and irresponsible. It killed Jacko.
Reply 10
only the almighty lord can make a suitable judgement! we need to take the power of justice out of mans hand. if someone commits a crime, they should be killed and then god can decide a suitable punishment.
Original post by Jamie
No, he wasn't.
He had cannulated jacko (put a needle intoa vein) in order to give him propofol.
Thats part of a general anaesthetic. It is not like going to sleep, its much deeper than that. Too much and you stop breathing and you heart stops.

This is what happened.

THe doc then tried to start CPR. He failed.

The drug he had given and way he had given it was illegal and irresponsible. It killed Jacko.

Jackson willingly drank the propofol (part of the reason he is only in for 4 years). Is someone willing drinks somthing and they know whats in it, its not murder, manslaughter or nothing.
Jackson willingly drank the propofol (part of the reason he is only in for 4 years). Is someone willing drinks somthing and they know whats in it, its not murder, manslaughter or nothing.

Please do some reading if you are going to comment.

Propofol does nothing if you drink it.
You inject it. Into a vein.

Without this doctor Jackson would not have been able to get hold of this drug nor injected it into himself.

That he could afford to pay off another doctor to do this is no defense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending