The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I received an email from Joan Hopper at Hull Uni today with the subject "APPLICANT DAYS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AT HULL UNIVERSITY" but the body of the email was:
CORRUPT CONTENT ALERT

The content this replaces was found to be corrupt.
Cause of corruption: Invalid character set or encoding.
Ticket Number: '0840-4f21-61e0-0002'

See your system administrator for further information.
Copyright 1999-2007 McAfee, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
http://www.mcafee.com

Did anyone else get this? Or is it just my school email servers going all weird?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Am I correct in thinking that on May 17th a letter with username and password is sent to all those that put Hull as firm / insurance, which you then use to log in and apply for accomodation?
Original post by Philraw123
Am I correct in thinking that on May 17th a letter with username and password is sent to all those that put Hull as firm / insurance, which you then use to log in and apply for accomodation?

I think so... I know you get one sometime after you firm/insurance, but I'm not sure about the exact date. :smile:
Original post by DoubleNegative
I think so... I know you get one sometime after you firm/insurance, but I'm not sure about the exact date. :smile:

:smile: Thanks for the info! ... have you got an offer from Hull yet - what course?
:smile: Thanks for the info! ... have you got an offer from Hull yet - what course?

Yeah, I do - Psychology. I'm desperate to do the Accommodation stuff too, since it'll be my firm. :P What about you?
I have an interview for Music on the 1st of Feb.
I live in the South, so getting there in the first place is gonna be interesting :P

From what I gather, Hull sounds like an alright university. I've heard mixed opinions abotu what it's actually like, but when I visited before, the campus seemed pretty nice :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by Dopefish47
I have an interview for Music on the 1st of Feb.
I live in the South, so getting there in the first place is gonna be interesting :P

From what I gather, Hull sounds like an alright university. I've heard mixed opinions abotu what it's actually like, but when I visited before, the campus seemed pretty nice :smile:

I know two people doing music here and they both really enjoy it.

I got in through clearing and wasn't really expecting to like it here, but actually it's great. The campus is nice, the areas around the uni are the complete opposite to what I'd heard about Hull before and I'm really enjoying it here.

Hi, I have an offer from Hull and will be going to the applicant day in March. I have been to an open day and really liked it but I am not making any final decisions on my firm/insurance choices until I have been to all the applicant days. One thing I would say, however, is that a good friend of mine is at Hull and their experience and that of their friends is that applying for accommodation early is absolutely no guarantee of getting first choice accommodation!! Nicholson (I am sure the spelling of that is wrong) is the only en suite and self catered accommodation at The Lawns and is very oversubscribed. My friend chose it as a first choice for accommodation and put other en-suite accommodation at The Lawns as subsequent choices. They applied as soon as their full password came through (which was the first day you could apply) didn't get any of their choices at all. However, their friend, also put Nicholson as a first choice and got it, having applied after my friend. This person had no medical or other reason to get Nicholson whereas my friend did, so I have to assume that the accommodation is a bit "hit and miss" and that it is done in no particular order.
I got an offer back in November for BSc Geography! :biggrin: 280 points :smile: I'm going the 11th Feb open day!
Reply 189
Original post by burtholomew
Félicitations ! I got my offer this morning to study French and Spanish. Eek! :smile:

Well done!!...Hull is going to be my insurance, still deciding on my firm!
Reply 190
Original post by SpecialApple
I got an offer back in November for BSc Geography! :biggrin: 280 points :smile: I'm going the 11th Feb open day!

I got an offer too, same course and points :smile: but i'm not going to that open day, going sometime in march... but my sister is at the uni and so i'm staying with her in halls to see what that side of the university is like
Yeah, I do - Psychology. I'm desperate to do the Accommodation stuff too, since it'll be my firm. :P What about you?

Not sure whether it'll be my main or my insurance... depends on whether or not Nottingham University gives me an offer. I'll be studying American Studies - 4 years
Not sure whether it'll be my main or my insurance... depends on whether or not Nottingham University gives me an offer. I'll be studying American Studies - 4 years

That's cool. :smile: I looked at Nottingham, but the offer was too high, and I preferred other unis over it. Very green though. ^_^
Does that mean you'll be spending a year in America?? I'm so jealous! I looked at English with American Studies at Manchester briefly, but decided I couldn't deal with another three years of English. :tongue:
Hull's definitely my firm though - it has a great course for Psychology. :smile:
Original post by Cwhitwham
I got an offer too, same course and points :smile: but i'm not going to that open day, going sometime in march... but my sister is at the uni and so i'm staying with her in halls to see what that side of the university is like

Yay! :biggrin: My sister goes there too but she does medicine so she's all over the place half the time! Have you been on a previous open day?
Reply 194
Yay! :biggrin: My sister goes there too but she does medicine so she's all over the place half the time! Have you been on a previous open day?

No I haven't been to a previous one but i've had a look around briefly haha, have you? Is Hull one of your top choices or insurance?
Original post by Cwhitwham
No I haven't been to a previous one but i've had a look around briefly haha, have you? Is Hull one of your top choices or insurance?

Yeah I have :smile: Erm I think it will be my firm assuming I don't get an offer from Dundee!! you?
Anyone else out there firming Hull? :biggrin:

Yeah I have :smile: Erm I think it will be my firm assuming I don't get an offer from Dundee!! you?

I'm the other way round. I'm firming Hull, and insurance Dundee if I ever hear from them. ^_^
Anyone else out there firming Hull? :biggrin:

I'm the other way round. I'm firming Hull, and insurance Dundee if I ever hear from them. ^_^

Aww hehe I know they're taking forever!! What course??
Aww hehe I know they're taking forever!! What course??

Gah, I know! It's so annoying. XD Psychology. You? :biggrin:
Gah, I know! It's so annoying. XD Psychology. You? :biggrin:

Geography! :biggrin: Can't wait

Quick Reply

Latest