Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Hull University Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just insuranced Hull!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamNimrod)
    What Hall are you staying in?
    I live in my own house, but I have friends at Needler, Thwaite and the Lawns who all seem to think it's pretty cool there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Hull for computer science (software development) on Friday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I confirmed Aquatic Zoology at Hull a few weeks ago. Only just found this place!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what the gym facilities/classes are like? There's not much on the website, and I'd really like to know.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoubleNegative)
    Can someone tell me what the gym facilities/classes are like? There's not much on the website, and I'd really like to know.
    The gym facilities are pretty standard really, it's not a huge gym. I was a member there for my first semester but this semester I've moved to the fitness first on clough road because it's bigger and nearer to where I live.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:

Pretty dire to be honest... It's okay if you want to focus purely on cardio but there isn't a lot for anything else... you'd be better off joining a sports team (if that's your interest) and then going to the Clough Road gym or the Beverley Road Gym would be your best option.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    The gym facilities are pretty standard really, it's not a huge gym. I was a member there for my first semester but this semester I've moved to the fitness first on clough road because it's bigger and nearer to where I live.

(Original post by Samus2)
    Pretty dire to be honest... It's okay if you want to focus purely on cardio but there isn't a lot for anything else... you'd be better off joining a sports team (if that's your interest) and then going to the Clough Road gym or the Beverley Road Gym would be your best option.
    Thanks guys. I might give the Clough Road gym a look, since you've both mentioned it. I'll probably join a sports team too though. Thanks again for the help though.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. I might give the Clough Road gym a look, since you've both mentioned it. I'll probably join a sports team too though. Thanks again for the help though.
    It's pretty good - about 10 minutes away from uni, it's 11.99 for students per month with a 10 pound joining fee but there's no contract length and no notice needed when cancelling. It's a modern gym. If you wanted to go swimming though I'd recommend the Bev Road baths gym - £25 a month but access to gym and pool.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed place for Zoology anyone else, doing biologcal sciences?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    It's pretty good - about 10 minutes away from uni, it's 11.99 for students per month with a 10 pound joining fee but there's no contract length and no notice needed when cancelling. It's a modern gym. If you wanted to go swimming though I'd recommend the Bev Road baths gym - £25 a month but access to gym and pool.
    Sounds like a good deal. I'll definitely check them both out, but probably closer to the time. :P Thanks for all your help though, I'll keep it in mind.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Just firmed Politics and International Relations at Hull for ABB a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering whether anyone else firmed it too?

Also, are they strict about the entry requirements? I got BBB at AS....

Thanks
    :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisaraD)
    Hello! Just firmed Politics and International Relations at Hull for ABB a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering whether anyone else firmed it too?

Thanks
    i chose it as my firm (but i'm doing film studies) and i was wondering the same thing! my offer says i have to get 300 points with a minimum of a B in film studies, but at the applicant day they said anywhere between 260-300!
    have you been there btw? i'm trying so hard to get the grades, it looks so good honestly i'm so excited!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Hey there, I am currently in my first year at Hull Uni. My flat-mate is currently studying international relations. He needed ABB to get in and he got BBB at A-level and got in fine. I was 20 points short myself and managed to get in to do Accounting and Financial Management so they are quite lenient with the ucas score so i think you will be fine. If you have any other questions then feel free to message me or i can chat to my flat-mate if you wanted to talk about the course.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaStokess)
    i chose it as my firm (but i'm doing film studies) and i was wondering the same thing! my offer says i have to get 300 points with a minimum of a B in film studies, but at the applicant day they said anywhere between 260-300!
    have you been there btw? i'm trying so hard to get the grades, it looks so good honestly i'm so excited!
    I know, I can't wait to go either! Hopefully we might meet up there at some point! The course looked absolutely spectacular, which is why I was so easily convinced to turn down Sheffield, even with it's amazing rep. Internet Hi-5!

I have indeed, the open day was probably one of the best experiences I've ever had, and considering I thought my cat was being put down back at home, I find it utterly remarkable that I managed to enjoy going to Hull so much. Luckily he's downstairs destroying aesthetic figurines now. ^_^

Any idea what kind of accommodation you're going for?!

(Original post by Jomow)
    Hey there, I am currently in my first year at Hull Uni. My flat-mate is currently studying international relations. He needed ABB to get in and he got BBB at A-level and got in fine. I was 20 points short myself and managed to get in to do Accounting and Financial Management so they are quite lenient with the ucas score so i think you will be fine. If you have any other questions then feel free to message me or i can chat to my flat-mate if you wanted to talk about the course.
    Oh brilliant, thank you. That is SUCH a relief. Hopefully I'll be able to get those grades. Thanks so much for taking the trouble, and now that you mention it, I was wondering what are the gym prices like? Not that I'm remotely healthy, but I figure I may as well get balance out the extortionate amount of binge drinking I intend to do!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I firmed Hull for Human Biology last week. My offer is unconditional so it's just a waiting game! Anybody else doing Human Bio?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Oh brilliant, thank you. That is SUCH a relief. Hopefully I'll be able to get those grades. Thanks so much for taking the trouble, and now that you mention it, I was wondering what are the gym prices like? Not that I'm remotely healthy, but I figure I may as well get balance out the extortionate amount of binge drinking I intend to do!
    Hey, yeah you will need to do some exercise to counter the amount of drinking you will do, especially in freshers where i expect you out every night

The Uni gym is about £20 a month i believe and £200 for a full years membership. There is a fitness first about 10 minutes away from the uni which a lot of people go to as well but im not sure about the prices on that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jomow)
    Hey, yeah you will need to do some exercise to counter the amount of drinking you will do, especially in freshers where i expect you out every night

The Uni gym is about £20 a month i believe and £200 for a full years membership. There is a fitness first about 10 minutes away from the uni which a lot of people go to as well but im not sure about the prices on that.
    Actually the university gym is only £99 for the year if you are a member of the AU (athletic union-play on any sports teams) but its £179 if you aren't a member, basically AU members get an £80 discount.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Hull
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jomow)

(Original post by Mr. OG)
    Actually the university gym is only £99 for the year if you are a member of the AU (athletic union-play on any sports teams) but its £179 if you aren't a member, basically AU members get an £80 discount.
    Brilliant! Thanks so much for the info, though I doubt that I'd be good enough to get onto any sports teams - My greatest sporting achievement is just about qualifying for the discus at sports day in Year 10 and javelin in Year 11, and I came last... Both times... :'(

(Original post by Darkphilosopher)
    Just firmed Hull
    Awesome, I shall see you there! Hopefully....

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 7, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.