Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by callmenighthawk
in comparison to reading, a nice vibrant city with a alright university, and doesn't let people in who miss their grade boundary by 5 grades.

That's due to supply and demand. The university needs to fill spaces otherwise it is penalised. Just because a university isn't popular doesn't mean it isn't a good university which offers top class degrees.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 41
When I visited, I really wasn't impressed with the area around the university - council estate property ... however the university itself is mostly redbrick, has a good layout and the staff / students seem friendly. The course that I have received an offer for (American Studies) sounds like an excellent course and the structure sounds really interesting, more so than a more respected university, like say... Nottingham. Sure, it might not be as popular and respected, however you're there for 3 / 4 years and you need to enjoy your time there.

I have applied for both by the way, so no.. I'm not being biased.
Reply 42
My track has finally updated about my offers but I am still yet to receive the information about the applicants' day which they promised to send my two weeks ago... might it be appropriate to ring up and check?
Original post by pauliet
Law

what grades do you need?:smile:
Got a offer from Hull yippee!!
Reply 45
Original post by flandalf
My track has finally updated about my offers but I am still yet to receive the information about the applicants' day which they promised to send my two weeks ago... might it be appropriate to ring up and check?

Maybe just e-mail them to begin with, they may not send all the information until the new year...

Original post by cappuccino345
Got a offer from Hull yippee!!

Well done, what course and will it be your firm choice?
Reply 46
just got an offer from Hull for German with Business :biggrin:
Original post by melvin2907
Maybe just e-mail them to begin with, they may not send all the information until the new year...

Well done, what course and will it be your firm choice?

aw thank you!!! im doing marketing :smile:
Reply 48
I sent my UCAS application off about 3 hours ago and I've applied for Hull twice! A bit late but still by the deadline my college has set. Everyone here seems to be having their offers accepted so congratulations to those people! I think I'm going to be completely on edge until offers start to come in, if I get any at all that is. :rolleyes:
Reply 49
At Hull, I'm applying for Creative Writing & English, as well as Creative Writing with Media, Culture & Communications. Hopefully applying twice will improve my chances...

I'll need 280-340 points, I'm predicted 310 overall. So I'm slap bang in the middle.
I also need Grade B in A-level English, but I think I've got that covered. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Brickfaced
I sent my UCAS application off about 3 hours ago and I've applied for Hull twice! A bit late but still by the deadline my college has set. Everyone here seems to be having their offers accepted so congratulations to those people! I think I'm going to be completely on edge until offers start to come in, if I get any at all that is. :rolleyes:

which course have you applied for at Hull? And where else have you applied?
I'm sure you will get offers, I thought that and I've had 4/5 in less than 3 weeks! good luck
Reply 51
Original post by flandalf

I got my offer on Track last week ^_^; ... I received information about the applicant day before Track got updated and that's like 2 weeks ago. I would probably ring them and ask why you haven't received it, they are quite helpful.
Reply 52
I got an offer exactly a week after I sent my UCAS application off. However, I'd actually substituted Hull the morning of my offer..oh well :P
Reply 53
Original post by JakeE10
which course have you applied for at Hull? And where else have you applied?
I'm sure you will get offers, I thought that and I've had 4/5 in less than 3 weeks! good luck

Applied for English with Creative Writing as well as Creative Writing with Media. Also applied to Buckingham, Chester, Leeds Trinity.

Anyway thanks, fingers crossed! :^_^:
Reply 54
Original post by f.chowdhury
what grades do you need?:smile:

I'm still waiting to hear from them
I'm applying to Hull! I've got AACC with Scottish Highers and am going for History and Politics :biggrin:

Good luck everyone! (Tbh I'd rather not go to Hull because of fees.)
I'm applying to Aberdeen, Dundee, Strathclyde, Stirling and Hull to do History and Politics :biggrin:
Reply 57
Geography, F800. Need 320 UCAS.
Law, M100. 320 needed aswell.
primary teaching! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest