Original post by lipstickstains_x
conditional offer for Human Geography at Hull :biggrin: need to get 280 point

I've got an offer for Human Geography 280 points aswell :biggrin:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 101
I got accepted to Hull for History ... does anyone know if it's actually a good place to live? 'coz I'm thinking of putting it down as my firm
Reply 102
In my first year at Hull at the moment. Absolutely loving it, I'm sure you have some questions so don't be afraid to ask me. I'll do my best to answer. Hull is the best (:
Reply 103
Original post by ShazXXX
I got accepted to Hull for History ... does anyone know if it's actually a good place to live? 'coz I'm thinking of putting it down as my firm

I'm doing history atm so any questions feel free to ask!

There's lots to do, it's cheap and it's full of students!
Reply 104
Hi, I live in Hull so I can answer most questions :smile: Although I didn't apply to Hull myself because I want to move away my brother is at Hull and he likes it :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by Samus2
I'm doing history atm so any questions feel free to ask!

There's lots to do, it's cheap and it's full of students!

Hi! I've also been offered a place for history, do you get much freedom with the modules you take and just wondering outside of the uni, is Hull a nice place to live? I'm thinking of putting it as my firm choice and it would be nice to have advice from someone already there :smile:
Original post by kates12
In my first year at Hull at the moment. Absolutely loving it, I'm sure you have some questions so don't be afraid to ask me. I'll do my best to answer. Hull is the best (:

When should I expect to get info regarding the applicant open days? Are the applicant open days school specific or University wide, if you know what I mean?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 107
Original post by Solen.132
Hi! I've also been offered a place for history, do you get much freedom with the modules you take and just wondering outside of the uni, is Hull a nice place to live? I'm thinking of putting it as my firm choice and it would be nice to have advice from someone already there :smile:

I picked every module I'm doing. I'm doing such a broad spectrum it's fantastic and as someone who isn't good in exams - I only have 2 exams in the entire year because I chose my modules as such.
The library is good and well stocked.

Honestly? I love Hull now. I came through clearing so had the idea that it was a bit of a cesspit. It's cheap, people are friendly and it's got everything you need. Busses are cheap and frequent. Sadly I'm not in halls so I can't give you much advice on halls but my friends really like them.
i'm applying for film studies and chose hull as my firm choice, no one else at my sixth form is applying though! still i'm pretty excited, at first i thought it was gonna be a **** hole but after looking around a bit it seems pretty nice, i hope i get what i need :biggrin:
Original post by balletlover
I've got an offer for Human Geography 280 points aswell :biggrin:

Congrats! Is Hull your first choice?
Congrats! Is Hull your first choice?

Yep! Followed by Human Geography at Sheffield Hallam (well if they give me an offer, they haven't replied yet) is it yours? :smile:
Yep! Followed by Human Geography at Sheffield Hallam (well if they give me an offer, they haven't replied yet) is it yours? :smile:

Sheffield Hallams my first choice but i haven't got a reply yet either, Hulls my second choice :smile:
I've just received an offer from Hull to study Law ... 320 points (ABB). Is anyone else applying to do the LLB course at Hull or is doing it now? Would love to hear about it as I'm a little apprehensive about Hull do to its reputation 'Hell in Hull' and all that lol :smile:
Sheffield Hallams my first choice but i haven't got a reply yet either, Hulls my second choice :smile:

isn't Hull higher entry grades though? Wouldn't the other way round make more sense :P

Cause Hallam's 280 points, with a C in geog rather than a B, and excepts general studies

Or I presume you just prefer Sheffield is that why? :smile:
isn't Hull higher entry grades though? Wouldn't the other way round make more sense :P

Cause Hallam's 280 points, with a C in geog rather than a B, and excepts general studies

Or I presume you just prefer Sheffield is that why? :smile:

Yeh Hull's gonna be my first choice if I don't get an offer from Hallam, I didn't mean my insurance haha. Hull offered me 280 points with a C in geog so there'll be the same if I get an offer from Hallam but yeh I just prefer Sheffield :smile:
Reply 115
Original post by NataliyaMM
I've just received an offer from Hull to study Law ... 320 points (ABB). Is anyone else applying to do the LLB course at Hull or is doing it now? Would love to hear about it as I'm a little apprehensive about Hull do to its reputation 'Hell in Hull' and all that lol :smile:

Hull is actually amazing, it really isnt a "hell" at all lol. I'm studying management and and accounting there, and im thoroughly enjoying it, the university campus is really nice, especially the business school facilities. So far Ive got a first which I'm happy about, and Ive found it easy to balance school work and partying/clubbing. I have lost of mates doing Law and they say its amazing as well they dont complain about too much work etc which id say is a plus, so I wouldnt be apprehensive about it.
Reply 116
Original post by NataliyaMM

Not deserved reputations... it's gone through a lot of refurbishment as a city. It's a good uni, the area of the uni is lovely.

Try looking at the uni if you can
Yeh Hull's gonna be my first choice if I don't get an offer from Hallam, I didn't mean my insurance haha. Hull offered me 280 points with a C in geog so there'll be the same if I get an offer from Hallam but yeh I just prefer Sheffield :smile:

ohhhh onto, think my insurance will be Northumbria if I don't get an offer from Hallam like
good luck :smile:
Reply 118
Got a letter of intent to offer:

DMM in BTEC Level 3 Computing

Predicted D*D*D* so I'm all set now :biggrin:
Original post by M161
Got a letter of intent to offer:

DMM in BTEC Level 3 Computing

Predicted D*D*D* so I'm all set now :biggrin:

What are you applying for and will it be your firm?

Quick Reply

Latest