The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull University Applicants 2012

Hiya,
I'm applying for Hull 2012 in a few weeks! eek!
Just wondering if anyone else has picked Hull as an option yet?

I am doing an Access course at the moment and hoping to get onto Business & Marketing in 2012 then do a MBA in Marketing after the 4 year course, as I will be doing a year of industry after year 2. :biggrin:

Would be great to chat to some people who are thinking of going into Hull, especially the business school for next year.

Lauren

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi i've already got a place for Hull 2012. I'm not doing business though, i'm doing midwifery. Are you staying in accommodation?

Best of luck with your application.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I'm looking to apply for Law!
Good luck everyone!
Reply 3
Just got an offer for French and Italian!
Original post by boocat
Just got an offer for French and Italian!

Congrats!! Don't mind I if ask what they're asking for? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Silver Aurora
Congrats!! Don't mind I if ask what they're asking for? :smile:

I don't know yet as they rang me yesterday to clarify something and said they were going to offer me a place and a letter is on it's way....I was so shocked that they had rung me I didn't ask what the offer was!!!!:redface:
Original post by boocat
I don't know yet as they rang me yesterday to clarify something and said they were going to offer me a place and a letter is on it's way....I was so shocked that they had rung me I didn't ask what the offer was!!!!:redface:

Haha that's so good! The fact they're willingly to phone you up is impressive!
:smile:
I've applied for Chemistry, is Hull in general a good place to be as I'veheard mixed views
Reply 8
Original post by mygirllollypop
Hiya,
I'm applying for Hull 2012 in a few weeks! eek!
Just wondering if anyone else has picked Hull as an option yet?

I am doing an Access course at the moment and hoping to get onto Business & Marketing in 2012 then do a MBA in Marketing after the 4 year course, as I will be doing a year of industry after year 2. :biggrin:

Would be great to chat to some people who are thinking of going into Hull, especially the business school for next year.

Lauren

Hey, I have already applied for German with Business. :smile:
Reply 9
Just got confirmation of my offer today for French and Italian...300 points from 3 A levels
Hi all, I've applied to do English & Spanish - got the confirmation email yesterday but not yet into Track as I haven't had the UCAS letter. Predicted A*AB.

Anyone know how long it might take to get an offer? And if I'm rejected, will I get an email or do I just have to sit and wait for the next 6 months? :biggrin:
I've got an interview on the 14th Dec for Drama & Theatre Practice. :smile:
Reply 12
I have got an offer today. So shocked by it tbf ;D
Applied for Physics, hopefully an offer appears soon! :smile:
Reply 14
I got an offer for Chemistry, and I think Hull might be my insurance. Has anyone been to visit the university yet? What is it like? I might go up, it's quite far away though (I live in Cornwall..)
I have an offer for Computer Science. Not sure yet whether insurance or firm. Depends on jan results. Best of luck everyone :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Music and Bacon
I've applied for Chemistry, is Hull in general a good place to be as I'veheard mixed views

Its a cheap place to live. Extra money spare does tend to make your life a little better :P Its not the prettiest of towns, but theres plenty to do and its nowhere near as bad as some people make out. At the end of the day a place is what you make of it.
Reply 17
I have an offer for anthropology and I love the course so I think i may be firming it, depends on if i get a different offer :smile:
but it'll defo be one of my choices.

i was born there but moved and haven't been there in the past 14 years! my dad tells me it's really nice so :smile:
Reply 18
I got a letter yesterday offering me places on their History and American Studies & History courses :biggrin:

Original post by silver0
I got an offer for Chemistry, and I think Hull might be my insurance. Has anyone been to visit the university yet? What is it like? I might go up, it's quite far away though (I live in Cornwall..)

I have been on the most recent open day. The staff were pleasant to speak to and I had a really good conversation with an American Studies & History student who convinced me that the course was worth applying for and I thought the campus was well laid out. A couple of people have mentioned to me that they're put off by the fact that the accommodation is not really on campus (so I haven't visited it). I have visited York as well and my parents actually thought that Hull was a nicer place.
Reply 19
Original post by flandalf
I got a letter yesterday offering me places on their History and American Studies & History courses :biggrin:

I have been on the most recent open day. The staff were pleasant to speak to and I had a really good conversation with an American Studies & History student who convinced me that the course was worth applying for and I thought the campus was well laid out. A couple of people have mentioned to me that they're put off by the fact that the accommodation is not really on campus (so I haven't visited it). I have visited York as well and my parents actually thought that Hull was a nicer place.

any questions about history let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest