The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tbh, the letter writer seems to have a chip on her shoulder herself
Original post by FluxD
"Emma, but “your Britain” doesn’t exist. It hasn’t existed for a long time, and her current survival is to be credited entirely to immigrants."

That letter is the type of talk that is leading large sections of the working class white population of this country to act in such a manner; being told that your own nation no longer exists by someone who isn't even originally from here, and then spouting off that native inhabitants are useless while immigrants are romanticized as some sort of savior for a failing nation.

The House of Lords would disagree:

Also outside of London real Britain still exists. Britain isn't London.

Okay then. Which study has shown immigration to be economically harmful in other parts of the UK?
Original post by Bourgeois
Okay then. Which study has shown immigration to be economically harmful in other parts of the UK?

There is no study stating that immigration is harmful to the nation's economy, but three years ago the House of Lords published this study, which demolishes the claim that immigration is beneficial to the economy of the host country.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...onaf/82/82.pdf
Original post by hughcapet
There is no study stating that immigration is harmful to the nation's economy, but three years ago the House of Lords published this study, which demolishes the claim that immigration is beneficial to the economy of the host country.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...onaf/82/82.pdf

Link's not working. And despite the way I phrased my question, no one study can "demolish" any claims about immigration. You need studieS and meta-studieS.
Original post by Bourgeois
Link's not working. And despite the way I phrased my question, no one study can "demolish" any claims about immigration. You need studieS and meta-studieS.

Okey-dokey. Try this one then.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200708/ldselect/ldeconaf/82/82.pdf

EDIT: This one works, trust me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well all I can say is if people can be arrested for speaking an opinionthat is not Politically Correct, then that is no different to what the dictators Britain has recently helped overthrow would have done, Also while Black people, like the highly educated MP Dianne Abbot, can make racist comments on twitter without any punishment gives out the message that non-white people are incapable of being racist, which is totally wrong. Emma West never said anything racist at all, we ( the people of Great Britain ) was never asked our opinion on the mass immigration policy of 40,000 immigrants a year, also why is it that if a White person attacks a Black person it is assummed to be a " racist attack " while Black and Asian's can attack White people and the term racist is never used ?, just like the 3 Somolian woman who repeatedly kicked a White woman in the head shouting " kill the White S*ag " were found not guily of anything and walked free from court because the judge agreed that " as they were Muslim they were not used to alcohol ". Obviously White people are going to be angry when they find out the Government gives 200 pound a month to immigrants for " heating ".. but only 200 pound A YEAR to it's own British OAP's, as for Emma West, I believe she has a right to speak her opinion, when we are told what can and cant be said we no longer live in a democracy, we live under a dictatorsip. More people need to be as brave as Emma West and speak the truth.
Original post by TruthHurtsSome
Well all I can say is if people can be arrested for speaking an opinionthat is not Politically Correct, then that is no different to what the dictators Britain has recently helped overthrow would have done, Also while Black people, like the highly educated MP Dianne Abbot, can make racist comments on twitter without any punishment gives out the message that non-white people are incapable of being racist, which is totally wrong. Emma West never said anything racist at all, we ( the people of Great Britain ) was never asked our opinion on the mass immigration policy of 40,000 immigrants a year, also why is it that if a White person attacks a Black person it is assummed to be a " racist attack " while Black and Asian's can attack White people and the term racist is never used ?, just like the 3 Somolian woman who repeatedly kicked a White woman in the head shouting " kill the White S*ag " were found not guily of anything and walked free from court because the judge agreed that " as they were Muslim they were not used to alcohol ". Obviously White people are going to be angry when they find out the Government gives 200 pound a month to immigrants for " heating ".. but only 200 pound A YEAR to it's own British OAP's, as for Emma West, I believe she has a right to speak her opinion, when we are told what can and cant be said we no longer live in a democracy, we live under a dictatorsip. More people need to be as brave as Emma West and speak the truth.

I agree with your points on immigration and OAP's etc.
However I do not agree that totally free speech is a good thing. Otherwise our society would become very uncivilised.
There is a difference between someone going up on a podium with a microphone and chanting "kill all foreigners" and a single women having a random tirade on a bus because her frustration over an issue that the government pretends does not exist has boiled over. The women has no impact and for being what basically equates to "crass" is treated as if she has committed a felony. It is ludicrous and the racial laws as they stand are unjust and should be repealed.

Just remember her frustration stems from the fact that Labour deliberately, and without consultation of the British public, embarked on a massive immigration campaign to "rub the Right's noses in diversity". She is one of those, and the majority of indigenous British would be included, that would have told Labour "NO" if it had been honest about its plans. Suddenly one day she finds she is a foreigner in her own country! In the meanwhile a steady campaign of suppression of any opinions that can remotely be construed as negative against immigration is carried on. The BBC acknowledged that it not impartial in this debate and they are the state funded media vehicle!!!

As custodians of the country's security and future Labour betrayed the most sacred of trusts; to safeguard the future and continued security of the British people. Labour explicitly denied they were actively encouraging immigration while doing so behind closed doors. They straight up lied to the British public.

All in all, while Emma West acted a bit daft in the way she did, she most certainly has a valid concern.

As for that reply that says the British do not exist... well... that is the most extreme form of racism. Once you deny someone's existence it is then easy to deny them any rights. That is exactly what has been happening. Indigenous British have been told they must be quiet and their rights are subservient to those of other cultures. Shocking to say the least.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by frankieboy
I agree with your points on immigration and OAP's etc.
However I do not agree that totally free speech is a good thing. Otherwise our society would become very uncivilised.

No one had a problem with freedom of speech until this lot rolled into town.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
No one had a problem with freedom of speech until this lot rolled into town.

That is not a freedom of speech issue. The issue with that is that they shouldn't be in the UK in the first place. Immigration again.

Latest

Trending

Trending