The Student Room Group

racist trap/train crap - the sun, ****ing ridiculous

So I googled the rasict tram stuff and clicked one of the first links without checking, unfortunatly I found myself on one of the most disgusting web pages that is home to some of the worst story telling known to man, The Sun.

I scrolled through and had to laugh at the ridiculous style of writing, its like they try to brainwash the reader or something with the type of sentences they use, reminds me of propaganda style writing tbh, very ott and exaggerated etc.

TWO more women have been caught hurling vile racist abuse on a train - in sickening YouTube videos.
One shows a female jabbing her finger at the victim before she unleashes a string of obscenities, while other passengers beg her to stop.

Another captures an angry traveller launching a racist torrent at foreigners on the Tube as she "welcomes" them to London.

-Jabbing her finger? lol wtf, did this guy have a word limit minimum and was a sentence short, why the **** is that important at all? -

IMO the 'writer' is no different than the woman they is talking about, how does he/she know they are a foreigner?

The new films emerged as a woman appeared in court after allegedly hurling racist taunts on a tram in Croydon, South London.

In one of the attacks, on a London to Manchester train, the drunk, dark-haired white woman repeatedly yells: "You're in my country now, talk my language. Don't ******* talk your ****, talk my language. You ****, ****."
Her face contorted in rage, she mimics a Middle Eastern accent, adding: "Don't look at me like I'm a ****."

In the video, shot by a passenger, people can be heard intervening. One woman says: "Keep your mouth shut" only to be told: "**** off."

And another woman hurled vicious abuse while she was on the London underground, near Liverpool Street.

The brunette unashamedly ranted in front of fellow passengers, angrily saying: "We have welcomed you into our country. Learn the lingo and then think about coming back you ******* r*****.
"Don't ******* wind me up. ---FORGOT TO CLOSE SPEECH MARKS

"We have got enough of you ******* muppets in our country, stealing out jobs, ******* taking the English jobs."

The racist - who was holding a flower ??- then winks, as though it is all a joke.

Her victims appear to have stood there smiling in shock !?!?!?!?!?!WTF??from the appalling behaviour - which just encouraged the foul-mouthed woman to continue hurling abuse.

YET another woman launching a racist rant in third YouTube vid
News

Seconds later she seems to apologise to her fellow travellers, before displaying her middle finger and insisting: "BNP, that's me. I don't care, **** off."

One of her victims can be heard laughing off the abuse, before he says: "Welcome to London."

The woman, who seemed worse for wear, yelled: "Yeah, welcome to London, get all the benefits, get everything free, yeah loser, that's the only reason you are here."

The video was uploaded a by a friend of the female's victims - who was disgusted by the incident in June last year.

OptimesssPrime wrote: "I am posting this video to show how this woman racially abused my friend on the London Underground during a busy period.

"I should also point out, that my friend only realised this was worth filming after about 10 minutes of her rant, the reason as to why she became agitated is because my friend was having a quiet conversation with his friend in Russian and she was sitting in front of them."

Well thankfully I found 'THE SUN', otherwise I would have never been able to watch a video, only to seconds later have some excuse of a 'journalist' spew all over a word document telling me exactly what I just saw, except they decide to throw in a few 'hurl, hurling, hurled's' in there as well as adding their own opinion and exaggeratted what happed with their ridiculous style of writing...
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

exaggeration in the media?! I just dont know whats real anymore...
Mate

The Sun
Don't read that rag.
Reply 4
the white working class have been at the bottom of the pile for decades now, so this womans reaction is somewhat justified.
Reply 5
Original post by lulubel
the white working class have been at the bottom of the pile for decades now, so this womans reaction is somewhat justified.

well you have just confirmed you are a troll trying to book your place in the first few comments of the thread. This thread has nothing to do with the women, but the paper...readitfirstpal
Reply 6
Who cares, the media always do that. You're being overly critical.
Reply 7
Original post by bestofyou
well you have just confirmed you are a troll trying to book your place in the first few comments of the thread. This thread has nothing to do with the women, but the paper...readitfirstpal

ok, sorry, i just thought you were being anti white because of your history of anti white racism on this board.
Original post by Bowman.Hath
exaggeration in the media?! I just dont know whats real anymore...

:rofl:

Original post by bestofyou
well you have just confirmed you are a troll trying to book your place in the first few comments of the thread

:rofl2:
So far weve had: Racist woman on tram, racist woman on train and racist woman on tube/underground. All we need now is racist woman on Bus and Aeroplane and the collection of racist women on public transport will be complete
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by lulubel
ok, sorry, i just thought you were being anti white because of your history of anti white racism on this board.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am white...
The Sun exaggerates and makes stuff up?

OH MY.
The irony in your posts is delicious, OP. You berate The Sun journalists for their word choice, calling it ridiculous, unnecessary (albeit, the thing about the flower was irrelevant) and a joke - I see no problem with words like 'hurling', 'sickening', 'unleashing' and 'vile', they're journalists of a pop newspaper. It's their job to engage the public rather than unbiased reporting, this is the same reason I don't read The Mail or The Sun, don't see me being a snob about it. - but then you choose to use the exact kinds of words and phrasing you condemn.

Well done, I say. I couldn't come up with irony like that if I tried.
Original post by word2yamother
So far weve had: Racist woman on tram, racist woman on train and racist woman on tube/underground. All we need now is racist woman on Bus and Aeroplane and the collection of racist women on public transport will be complete

Next we'll need racist women on bicycles, not just any bicycles but the Boris bikes.

"Go back where you came from *rings bicycle bell.*"
All due respect, but if you pick up THE SUN what else do you really expect?
The thing that annoys me most about tabloid newspapers is their pathetic attempts to influence the reader into thinking the same way they do. I'll give you an example

Evil Crossbow Cannibal gets life

The man murdered 3 women - What use is the word 'evil' in that heading?!
Reply 16
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The irony in your posts is delicious, OP. You berate The Sun journalists for their word choice, calling it ridiculous, unnecessary (albeit, the thing about the flower was irrelevant) and a joke - I see no problem with words like 'hurling', 'sickening', 'unleashing' and 'vile', they're journalists of a pop newspaper. It's their job to engage the public rather than unbiased reporting, this is the same reason I don't read The Mail or The Sun, don't see me being a snob about it. - but then you choose to use the exact kinds of words and phrasing you condemn.

He's not a paid journalist though is he. What a ridiculous response
Reply 17
Mmm yes, shallow and pedantic
Reply 18
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Just to make a few corrections, the sun's 'writers' are not jounralists, they are employees, that is all. On a job application they should write 'Employee of The Sun'. Second of all, it is not a newspaper because it's stories are not news, they are gossip, it is a hub for gossip, no better than the likes of heat magazine, infact imo ranks lower. At least heat doesn't try and pass itself off as news.

lol, prehaps you should look up the definition of irony you imbesile.

It would only be ironic if I was writing for another tabloid condeming this article using a similar language.

However as 20yr old student posting on an online studnet forum it is absolutley ridiculous to say that my post is ironic, you completely made a fool of yourself there trying to be smug. I'd tell you to delete you're comment, but it doesn't matter as I've quoted it now. Your stupidity will be recorded on the internet until the end of time, you do you feel?
Someone told me I didn't get irony the other day, which was ironic as I was standing at a bus stop at the time.

Seriously though what's new about any of this? Yes, The Sun is a poor newspaper; yes, their journalists use emotive language to convince their readers. Don't read it. Problem solved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending