The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

JaF
Thought I'd say hi - I'm a 2nd year Chemical Engineer at Trinity and I was helping out with interviews so there is a good chance I have already met some of you. Anyway, congratulations on the offers and I'll see you in October (hopefully!).
There were only 7 ASNACS interviewed by Trinity and they were all interviewed on Dec 5th.

Thanks JaF for the info. My interview was at noon. Didn't think there were as many as 7, as I only saw 1 other.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 21
Hey Demokratas7

My interview was on the 5th in the morning but I came down on the afternoon of the 4th!

However, I didn't actually meet any fellow ASNC interviewees -but did speak to a another applicant who had met another ASNC interviewee - maybe that was you! random. :smile:

Interesting to know how many were interviewed tho, thanks JaF:smile:
Hi bean22,

I arrived at 11:30 and saw one other ASNaC candidate. Surprised there were 7 though. How did you think your interview went by the way? And what are your A-Levels? (mine are English Lit, RS, French and History)
Reply 23
I spoke to an ASNaC candidate during breakfast in Hall the 5th (or maybe it was lunch). One of you perhaps?
Sorry, wasn't me! I had to travel up on the morning; no Trinity breakfast for me unfortunately.
Reply 25
Can't really decide how my interview went - I guess some bits were ok and others were really challenging and difficult and I was stuck as to what to say!! :confused: But, I did sort of enjoy other bits of the interview!:smile: Were you the same?

I'm doing english Lang and Lit, economics and history at A Level so vaguely similar.

Oh ukgea, just read ure post - I did have breakfast on the 5th so maybe I spoke to you!!
My ASNaC interview was challenging too; but the interviewers were both really nice. Also, there were loads of things I'd liked to have said and didn't get the chance! Got the offer though so I suppose it doesn't matter now. So pleased - just gotta get the grades now.
Reply 27
Demoskratos7
My ASNaC interview was challenging too; but the interviewers were both really nice. Also, there were loads of things I'd liked to have said and didn't get the chance! Got the offer though so I suppose it doesn't matter now. So pleased - just gotta get the grades now.

Yeah, I found that even though a few of the questions asked were tricky, the interviewers were all really really nice people who helped calm you down and bring the best out of you :smile:. The great thing was, whenever I felt stuck on sometime, he would give really subtle hints to help guide me towards the correct answer. So glad to have the offer now!!! Fingers crossed I get the AAA I need!

JaF - Do you know how many Economists they interviewed? Cause I think that usually it's around 90 who apply but only like half of them get interviewed or something?

- Jeff
Reply 28
jeff m8 hu interviewed you, did you have steve satchell / hamish low, or doppelhoffer/other guy?
Reply 29
to add to that, i hear there wer 70 ish applicants 4 econ, 50 interviews. god knows how many offers it says around 15 in the prospectuses. congrats mate on ur offer
Reply 30
I had Dr Doppelhofer and Mr Williams for my interviews :smile:. Both were really nice hehehe. I was worried about the interview with Dr D because everyone I'd spoken to said they'd been grilled to death by him and even the students already at Trinity said he's pretty hardcore lol. When it came to the actually interview, he seemed to be really cool and made me feel at ease!

- Jeff
Reply 31
J2K
JaF - Do you know how many Economists they interviewed? Cause I think that usually it's around 90 who apply but only like half of them get interviewed or something?

49 were interviewed but I don't know how many applied.
How many Law applicants?

I got an offer too, yay! Law at Trinity. Got a certain ring to it hehe :smile:
Reply 33
mickeymouse123
How many Law applicants?

Heya!

Congrats on your offer :smile:. You seem to be the only Lawyer here so far lolz... The lack of Economists is also a little disconcerting... where could the other 14 or 15 be?

Here's a nice site which shows you all the application statistics:

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/statistics/

I don't think it's updated for the latest round of admissions yet though...

- Jeff
Reply 34
mickeymouse123
How many Law applicants?

Congratulations! Yeah it certainly does. :wink:

J2K
Heya!
Congrats on your offer :smile:. You seem to be the only Lawyer here so far lolz... The lack of Economists is also a little disconcerting... where could the other 14 or 15 be?

Pfft, your worried about 14 or 15 economists? They'll do fine! I'm wondering where in the big, dangerous world outside TSR the other 50 or 60 or so mathmos are!
Reply 35
jeff m8 i got in too.. a 3rd year economist sed to me ther wer around 70 applicants. my interview with dr. low was terrible, i got a right grilling and buckled - but u learn from these things. look 4wd to seeing you in october.
Reply 36
Pfft, your worried about 14 or 15 economists? They'll do fine! I'm wondering where in the big, dangerous world outside TSR the other 50 or 60 or so mathmos are!

What worries me is that last year ~20 people with offers for maths at Trinity missed them.
Reply 37
Speleo
What worries me is that last year ~20 people with offers for maths at Trinity missed them.

:frown: It's unfair that only maths applicants have to do STEP!
Reply 38
It's unfair that only maths applicants have to do STEP!

I know. If you look at the graphs of how many people got offers and how many admissions there were, in every subject except maths around 90% make their offer, then in maths it's about 65% :frown:
Reply 39
ukgea
:frown: It's unfair that only maths applicants have to do STEP!

Well there wouldn't be any point making History applicants do STEP would there?

Latest

Trending

Trending