Reply 60
Hehe, have a look, here's the thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=307271

- Jeff
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 61
My offer came through on track, though I'm still waiting for Imperial to put theirs up before I accept anything.

Unfortunately, they didn't forget any of the conditions :tongue:
Reply 62
Yeah, the offer just showed up on track for me as well.

AAA Excluding General Studies.

This is strange because I don't do General Studies... Is something going funny?

- Jeff
Reply 63
They probably just add that to everyone's.
Yeah, I had my offer appear on track yesterday and it said "AAA" excluding General Studies; which I don't do either. I think they put that on everybody's what with General Studies being a bit of a Mickey Mouse subject.
Yes, I take complete and utter responsibility.

Mine also had the general studies bit, do it but didnt put it down on UCAS.

Question though, the offer says AAA at A-level- does this include any A-Levels that may have been taken and completed last summer, or does it only refer to ones that will be complete this summer?
Reply 66
Jan, is your surname Sramek? If so, you came *this* close to having me supervise you this term, but sadly you're missing out. :frown:
Reply 67
Cexy
Jan, is your surname Sramek? If so, you came *this* close to having me supervise you this term, but sadly you're missing out. :frown:

That is his surname. Had you actually done the course you would have supervised him for?
Reply 68
apd35
That is his surname. Had you actually done the course you would have supervised him for?
Haha, yes.

I'm hoping that I might not have to do Complex Analysis now - the reason I was doing it was because Trinity couldn't give me any supervisions, but then I got an email from Hinch today saying that actually they could give me Dynamics. So I just need to get out of doing the other ones!
Reply 69
Three pairs and one guy on his own.

It might also interest you to know that I have a list of all the first years roughly ordered by ability, so now I know what your supervisors and directors of studies think of you. :wink:
Cexy
Three pairs and one guy on his own.

It might also interest you to know that I have a list of all the first years roughly ordered by ability, so now I know what your supervisors and directors of studies think of you. :wink:

They actually do stuff like that?

Jan is top of that list, I would bet. (no homo)
:smile:
Whats the food and accomodation like at Trinity?
Has everybody on this thread added themselves to the Cambridge Incoming Class 2007 group on Facebook? We need more Trinitarians on there!!!
Reply 73
Hello all! Would have posted here sooner if I'd known of its existence, maybe that's why there are fewer people here than last year? :wink:

Name: Trangulor
Course: Mathematics
Offer: A (Further Maths); A (Physics); 1,1 in STEP 2 and 3
Year of Entry: 2007

I applied for Mathematics with physics, having been convinced I would be able to pick between them later, even in the first year. The letter sent to me said I'd be expected 'to read the subject for which (I) have been admitted at least until (I) have taken the relevant Part 1 examination' at the end of the first year. Does this mean I cannot decide to read maths only within the first year, or that I can't change to another department?

ukgea and Speleo, were either of you interviewed on the 6th december?
Reply 74
Yeah :biggrin:
I went in to the test at 1:00pm I think, but it could have been midday (seemed like I was in the first group). I was interviewed by Dr Paternain and Prof Hinch who were both very nice :smile:.
Reply 75
Yay a mathmo!

Nope 5th for me.

When you apply for maths with physics, aren't you supposed to read like 75% maths and 25% physics in the first year, and after then decide to either focus on physics or maths and read up whatever you've missed during the summer? Anyway, if you want to read straight maths, I'm sure it's worth a try to call Trinity up and ask politely if you can change course.
Reply 76
Actually I'm curious, do you think we all got the same test questions?
Maybe you didn't Trangulor, because you applied for maths with physics, but how about you Speleo? Uhm, let's say, was there a mechanics question about some dude, whose name I don't care to remember, rowing a boat?
Reply 77
Nope, there were no boats on my paper.
There's a guy on nrich who referenced another test question that I hadn't done aswell.
Reply 78
Trinity have a pool of 50-100 questions from which they pick the exams. The exams are certainly different each day, and possibly different on each 'round' of exams, so the 1pm exam would be different from the 2pm etc.
Reply 79
Speleo
I was interviewed by Dr Paternain and Prof Hinch who were both very nice :smile:.

Never met Hinch so don't know much about him, but when I met Paternain last year (at mathmo dinnner), he seemed like a nice guy.

Latest

Trending

Trending